TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Coupe & Conv. Info

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woner if these 08 models are "leftover" 07 production. By that I mean Shelby couldn't get the 6k units built for 07 so they are using up the parts they/Ford committed to on the 08's. Wild speculation on my part, but the production timing is a little odd. Of course they could just be filling in a time gap till the other projects get going. Either way I'm going to try to get a couple for the lot. Haven't had to give one away yet, these cars are as good as gold! Don't think I'll do any convertibles though, unless I have a retail customer that places an order. If you can't get it anywhere else, you can get it here!

I want to say I 100% know your and CMatt's frustration along with others. I know first hand, as my wife and I own and operate 2 national franchise territories and we run into back ups all the time. When I was considered a small operator the jobs would just fly in and out with NO big hitches. But now that we need more parts, things get backed up. Suppliers can not keep up with our demands for more parts and once the parts do arrive we are so backed up with new business it takes even longer to install them. It is a double edged sword, really. So try to to be more understanding as it happens to businesses all over the world each and everyday.

That being said I want to add that the Carroll Shelby Mustang is the most sought after Mustang alive today bar none. And to get one we must jump through hoops, otherwise we end up with a stock Gt Mustang that may look pretty but does NOT hold its value, doesn't have the alure a Shelby has and it would not be a collector car. My only regret is NOT ordering my car. Because if I had ordered it I would have a Shelby made specifically for me with mods that were installed at the Shelby factory, not at a mod shop that does it for everybody, that is huge in shows, resale and just for the sheer enjoyment of the car. :)

Swede, with much respect....I think the issue here is not whether the Shelbys are great/worth it/whatever, but, more about the promises that are being made by SAI employees (not mentioning any by name). I've heard the: it's done/it was done on xx/xx/xx/your's is on a truck/i've sent this and that to you to make up for all my mistakes that have cost you real, not trivial money/etc...etc... The statements have NOT been: I'm going to do this (where there's the out that you got busy, what-have-you), they have been: I've already done this (when reality is that nothing has been done - if the SAI person doesn't know this, then, they have issues to resolve). Finally, stop making the problems at SAI mine (and anyone elses beisdes SAI's). And even more finally, my S/C shelby goes really fast.....quickly.

Swede what do you guys own for businesses?

And Steve I think he was just trying to bring your spirits up. You will have yours soon and all will be good :)

Webba- Taking the 5th on that question. I like this forum but also enjoy my private life as well. Revealing someones actual place of business would take alot more of a personal relationship than what we have here. Thats why we all have screen names. Thanks for asking though-

And yes I was trying to bring Steve's spirits up as he along with other have waited a long time for their cars, but they will be happy they had it personally made for them once they get it. :)

Swede, with much respect....I think the issue here is not whether the Shelbys are great/worth it/whatever, but, more about the promises that are being made by SAI employees (not mentioning any by name). I've heard the: it's done/it was done on xx/xx/xx/your's is on a truck/i've sent this and that to you to make up for all my mistakes that have cost you real, not trivial money/etc...etc... The statements have NOT been: I'm going to do this (where there's the out that you got busy, what-have-you), they have been: I've already done this (when reality is that nothing has been done - if the SAI person doesn't know this, then, they have issues to resolve). Finally, stop making the problems at SAI mine (and anyone elses beisdes SAI's). And even more finally, my S/C shelby goes really fast.....quickly.

Congrat's on your S/C! I bet it is does go fast...quickly. I love it!! Did you have Shelby send you the Paxson S/C or did they install it @ Shelby?

Congrat's on your S/C! I bet it is fast, and quick!!!!! Did you have Shelby send you the S/C or did they install it @ Shelby?

They, SAI, did the install. And, pre-emptively, the comment I made concerning making the problem mine, was, of course, directed towards SAI, not you in any way. Take care.

They, SAI, did the install. And, pre-emptively, the comment I made concerning making the problem mine, was, of course, directed towards SAI, not you in any way. Take care.

No sweat. I absolutely love your car. You did the SAI S/C install and you have an extremely rare car. That car will sell for big dollars if you ever chose to depart from it. I applaude you for your patience and once again, wish I did it your way.

I'll be 92...Ooouucccchhhhh!

Do they have garages at the nursing homes? Now I know why I ordered an automatic. :)

Well, I have you beat. I will be 94 and plan to be there – at least in spirit. I am one of those 60’s car guys who drooled over the original Shelby Mustangs but never dreamed they could ever own one. I sure hope it gets here before I have the big one.

OK, an attempt to get back to the 2008 Shelby GT. A dealer just posted these on stangsunleashed:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...wtopic=8628&hl=

.....if the blue would have been offered in 2007 it would have been my first choice.

I'm with on this one also! We seem to have similar tastes :D Love the Blue.

I'm with on this one also! We seem to have similar tastes :D Love the Blue.

+2--I'd have chosen the blue. I got the black-no offense to the white SGT guys, but I've just always hated white cars, so the black was my default choice-I really like the black, but I would've ordered blue if given that choice.

You know guys, I really got to thinking about this 2008 SGT thing today in a daydreaming moment of boredom at work. Originally, the SGT was slated to be a limited 1 model year run of up to 10,000 vehicles depending on demand-which would be pretty exclusive. Ford then contracted SAI to do 6000.

The preliminary numbers for the 08's are 1400-1500 convertibles and 2000-2200 coupes. That still adds up to 9700 SGT's at the higher numbers or less than the 10,000 that we originally bought into.

After I came to this realization, I was a little less miffed about the second model year run, because we are still in that same total number range and we have an original SGT-first model year of the first ever SGT.

+2--I'd have chosen the blue. I got the black-no offense to the white SGT guys, but I've just always hated white cars, so the black was my default choice-I really like the black, but I would've ordered blue if given that choice.

You know guys, I really got to thinking about this 2008 SGT thing today in a daydreaming moment of boredom at work. Originally, the SGT was slated to be a limited 1 model year run of up to 10,000 vehicles depending on demand-which would be pretty exclusive. Ford then contracted SAI to do 6000.

The preliminary numbers for the 08's are 1400-1500 convertibles and 2000-2200 coupes. That still adds up to 9700 SGT's at the higher numbers or less than the 10,000 that we originally bought into.

After I came to this realization, I was a little less miffed about the second model year run, because we are still in that same total number range and we have an original SGT-first model year of the first ever SGT.

Exactly. But going back in time.......who knew of this phenom But if they made this car White with Blue stripes. Game over..................... :D I'd do anything for that moment.

I like the Black & Silver SGT with the Black Bullits, nothing else compares, in my opinion.

This Shelby Gt is the least known Shelby ever made. I personally think that will make the car a real trophy. It is a sleeper car with very good dynamics (way better than the Gt500) and much better balance. So I think we have a good car here. But catch this article I read: I read today that since the Gt500KR is coming out and the SuperSnake that ther GT500 is called the "utility car" for the big HP Shelby's! This was in the The Columbian Times, really. Can you imagine if you had a Gt500 and all this stuff was coming out, it would kind of make me feel a bit like the step-child. So I think if they do NOT come out with a SGT that has a Factory SC, and all the goodies are Shelby made, we are in extremely good shape. I mean the utility car is the "GT500", that would have made me sick to my stomach if I was a GT500 owner.

....lol, to each his own opinion.

......The preliminary numbers for the 08's are 1400-1500 convertibles and 2000-2200 coupes....

The way I have read everything from the dealers is that the total number is 2200 with 1400-1500 being convertibles.

Awesome. We will have a few young guys there (2037 reunion) to drive us old farts around. I envy you to have such a car at the age of 24. I bet you are not going to be a garage queen.

It will be at 60k. I plan to make lots of memories with it first before storing it in a garage. But I didn't buy it as an investment, so maybe not. I know I can not take it to the grave, so why stop driving it.

Tim,

From the looks of things there are 4 of us located around the area. Birmingham, Southside (Gadsden?), Marietta GA, and Pulaski TN. Thats not too bad 4 cars in what, a 100 mile radius?

Well 5 cars after a year or two. I am in Birmingham but my car is hanging out in Vegas for a year or so until I get back. I hope to meet up with some of you then.

B)

/ insert my opinion here:

Sorry to say, but this is starting to look better for the GT500. If tight exclusivity is no longer a factor, then our special niche is truly nothing more than an 07 with bolt-ons and a signature plate. The exclusivity is the Shelby magic that, I believe, gave most purchasers the kid-again grin that lead to forking over their cash.

I bought a garage queen, not a daily driver so this news kinda bums me. Think about it, if these SGT's become annual runs with a different color scheme like Mazda did with the MX5 M-Editions, they will not hold much, if any, additional value compared to the standard models. Things like depreciation and ADM would then be a more critical factor for new buyers.

I'm not trying to start the "I bought the car to drive not invest" debate. I just assumed this would be a more exclusive vehicle than it appears to be with this new news. “More Shelby’s in more hands” is great for the company, I understand. It’s just not that great for those of us that had hoped for a collectible.

No matter what happens, I love this car, but now I want a KR even more.

/ end my opinion.

The answer to this is that Shelby doesn't build garage queens, Carroll is all about driving and experiencing the car.

To have bought the 07 Shelby Gt and think that we would make it only one year is redicules. Ther are 6000 for 07, its year one, there will be under 6000 for 08. We have never misled anyone that this was a one year only vehicle, it was always our intention to have the brand go on in an exclusive manner, but to do cars every year.

Amy

Good Luck.

Perspective is reality check.

And you have just modified mine.

Be safe.

Thanks!

Believe me when I say the wait is worth it! I got to drive mine for a total of 4 days and I LOVED it. Waiting a year or more to get back in it will be hard but I now know that it will be worth the wait. I will envy all of you that had to wait 5-6 months for your car and are driving it. Believe me though...I will catch up fast on the mileage. I put 500 miles on my car in Vegas over those 4 days and I have never had more fun driving. Just watch out for the other drivers! They have a tendency to try and look at your car no matter if you are in front of or behind them, no matter the safety concerns on the road.

:blink:

guyS,

I will caution you all again to be careful how you post. You will need to keep your posts respectful , you can disagree, you can be unhappy, but if you start to get nasty or insulting, then I will remove you. I will not warn you again.

Shelby autos has had issues, and yes, I run this company so if that bothers you, too bad. This company 18 months ago wan't even building mustangs. We have had our growing pains and I am doing everything possible to fix that. the new parts business will be up and running next week, we launch at tulsa, there will be a catalog, there will be online ordering etc..... you will nolonger chat with Bud, steve and John......

But you will get your parts ordered and delivered fast.

This companies vision and my goal is to secure the company and Carroll's legacy. We are well on our way to doing that. It's very easy to sit in your chair and tell me what you think I should do, I suggest since you know nothing about this job or this company, you refrain from insultiung me with your "If Amy is running the show jafo....the news just got worse!

What exactly can we look forward to in improvements?"

You all need to take it down a notch or I will take action on this site. Bud and John don't even want to be on this site anymore, I don't blame them.

To the rest of you, thank you for keeping a civil conversation and rational outlook. respect is a 2 way street gentlemen..... voice your displeasure in a respectful manner and we will debate and discuss,. You are the customer, we will listen, we want to listen, we will not be insulted. This iste is a gift to you from us and it is a help to us to hear what you have y=to say, say it respectfully.

Amy

I woner if these 08 models are "leftover" 07 production. By that I mean Shelby couldn't get the 6k units built for 07 so they are using up the parts they/Ford committed to on the 08's. Wild speculation on my part, but the production timing is a little odd. Of course they could just be filling in a time gap till the other projects get going. Either way I'm going to try to get a couple for the lot. Haven't had to give one away yet, these cars are as good as gold! Don't think I'll do any convertibles though, unless I have a retail customer that places an order. If you can't get it anywhere else, you can get it here!

This is just some conspiracy theory.

We have built over 4000 cars, we are not using left overs, where do you dream this stuff up? Please keep your wild speculation to yourself

How about just having this entire thread deleted. It's gone in so many different directions it's not even a discussion anymore and more misleading than anything.

As a matter of fact I'm removing all my comments in this thread. It's not a matter of being beat or whatever one might think it's just I don't want to be associated with it any longer.

mywickedshelby May 30 2007, 01:29 PM IP: 141.150.9.131 | Post #50|

Shelby Nut

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,145

Warn: (0%)

If Amy is running the show jafo....the news just got worse!

What exactly can we look forward to in improvements?

Selling mods without telling customers the mod shop wasnt even built, so you screw everybody out of money while adding months to the wait....is that progressive?

Sounds like biting off your nose to spite your face.

Short sighted.

If maximizing sales & profit is your business model, SAI is missing the boat.

As eluded to several times.....no merchandise to purchase unless you go to Vegas?

2 morons in a hut could have had some T-shirts or a catalog of items put together by now!

Guys, this is what I am talking about. This is uncalled for and just plain rude and we will not accept this behavior on this site anylonger. "MYWICKEDSHELBY" you are getting a timeout. I will be suspending your id and your IP for 30 days. To rest of you, your unhappy, tell us, you think we can be better, tell us.... you insult us like this post and we will remove you from this community. This thread is now closed

Amy

Archived