TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Coupe & Conv. Info

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....hey I see AFBLUE lurking down there. I know he is happy he has been lobbying for Vista Blue since last August.

I ordered a Silver 08 GT in mid April. I guess I could cancel it and order an 08 SGT, but this thread is not encouraging that idea.

I ordered a Silver 08 GT in mid April. I guess I could cancel it and order an 08 SGT, but this thread is not encouraging that idea.

....OK, to counter Wicked.

The wait is worth it. The car is awesome and I don't regret waiting, making payments or anything. The minor issues of sccop, stripes and muffler hangers appear to be fixed by those who have gotten CSM #2000+. Alot of the grumbling has to do with the Mod Shop. Some are canceling their Mod Shop orders because the wait has become too long and preceived lack of communications. That is their right. My experience was not the same. Yes I waited a long time but I was happy with my customer service from John. I would think when you cancel your Mod Shop order your car goes into the delivery line. I doubt it goes to the front of the delivery line.

AFBLUE, I wouldn't be discouraged about getting an '08 Blue Shelby GT because of a handfull of people who are venting their frustrations. Yes you guys have the right to vent. This is a public forum. I vented a few times myself but now having the car it is the single coolest thing I have ever bought and I can not wait until I get home and I am not feeding my withdrawl with this forum.

Bottom line, AFBLUE, if you want to have a Shelby you might want to consider your options.

I don't think MOST of the stuff being said here is bashing. I think most of the points are legitimate concerns. SAI should welcome constructive criticism from it's customers and act on it whenever possible. I believe that it is not too late to fix alot of these problems and I think most of us feel this way. The time to get worried is when it goes silent here because that is a good indication that we have all given up.

On the disatisfied part of your post: Once everyone gets their car they will feel the same way I do, incredible. We are a selective group no matter how you look at it, EVERY Mustang lover has heard of Shelby and would have one if they could afford it.

My thoughts: I always hoped the 2008 SGT would not come just to make my car MORE exclusive than it already is- I mean we have 6000 cars for the entire world, that is awesome. But that being said and Shelby being a business I knew a 2008 SGT would come, it just makes good business sense. Also they are still going to be an exclusive car with only 2000 to be made. I also think this number may increase depending on demand.

My only issue with the 2008 SGT and further down the road is that they would not flood the road and cheapen the Shelby line. But we have to think for a moment why that most likely would never happen:

Carroll Shelby is this man in a very "exclusive" category now, he is leaving a huge legacy and to any man or woman that is something we all wish we could do, leave a world wide legacy.

So I don't think he would do that and cheapen something he has spent his whole life doing, building hot

Mustang race cars that everyone loves to love. B)

I totally respect all of my Shelby brothers, sisters and friends for your positive and less-than-positive comments. I agree with all of the positive comments and can even see some of the less-than-positive ones, however, I remain optimistic.

After my SAI visit and seeing Socal's polished S/C and the stripes in person, I changed my mind back again and am getting the S/C too. This decision has pushed my delivery about another month but I am psychologically ready for it, as I see the bigger picture.

I had mentioned in a previous post that these guys work their butts off at SAI. I even know of one prominent SAI person who worked their butt off all night to ready a car for delivery. And this was after a similar situation days prior. I mention this because some of you guys need to hear that these kinds of activities occur daily, which is probably why they're not on the forum anymore.

Yes it's obviously true that previous issues require attention so I am not trying to dismiss any of the less-than-positive discussions. In addition to what I just said above, I'm sure there is a reason for their lack of responses lately which is probably, as mentioned in this thread, that they are about to announce something again and it's probably the new models - as expected.

So after seeing what they have done, how hard they work and how long I have waited and will continue to wait, I look at the bigger picture and recognize that I will have a lifetime of enjoyment with my car so a few more weeks are manageable and I know it will be worth it.

Today makes 100 days for me. As far as I know, I have to wait about another 45 days. For all of you that have decided that you're too impatient to wait and simply would rather have your stock Shelby's now, I say go for it. For my selfish purposes, please feel free to keep canceling those mods so I can get mine sooner. Then after I get my car, feel free to order the mods and have them shipped to you so you will be happy with your mods, SAI employees will be happy to keep their jobs and we will all be happy as their stock price increases.

Your Friend, Adam

:D :D :D

For the record...if I would have been told the process would take over four months and maybe five months in the beginning I would have no problem. Now that I am locked in...appears there is no accountability. Steve

Swede, I wouldn't be surprised if the reigns at SAI, Vegas haven't already been handed over to Amy. When I was there my impression was that Mr. Shelby spends very little time there and in fact hadn't been there in months. Nobody but the managment of SAI knows how they are running the business.

Amy has gone out of her way to try to increase the visibility of Mr. Shelby's role, but I discount this as simply her acting on the knowledge that the only thing that makes SAI special is his connection. Day to day, Amy runs the show and Mr. Shelby counts the money.

Harley or MM,

Is the increase in price the MSRP for the Shelby package? Meaning they have now given the dealers an MSRP above the parts billing of $8390.

I started a thread a while back about the gas guzzler tax increase in 2008 due to the new way that average fuel mileage is calculated, but no one could confirm my suspicion. I'd be willing to guess that at least some of the increase is due to an increase in the GGT. For about $2K, I'd much rather get a set of black Razors (if I could...) than pi$$ it away to the federal government (okay, you got me: I'm a CPA, and I hate paying taxes). For my part, this is one of the reasons that I went ahead and ordered a 2007 SGT rather than wait for the prices to come down on the 2008 GT500s.

Btw, I'm still excited about getting my car someday, but I probably will take the ModShop out of the equation due to the expected wait. John told me 3-5 extra days for the lower grille and driving lights, but I'm becoming somewhat nervous about this.

But keeping all this in perspective, a teenage brother of one of my son's friends about pee'd himself when he found out that we were getting an SGT. It meant so much to him that I gave him one of the posters (thanks, Michael), and it hit me all over again how special this car is. The wait may well kill me, but my kids will inherit one heckuva car.

this is my 1 cent on all this ( my wife says i have no cents, but i do) i do not know how SAI runs there place, but i do know that sometimes there can be part hold ups and stuff like that. these things are out of there control. no one has brought up that maybe of the 6000 cars that they had planned on moding a small percent and instead have had a huge request for mods. now no one could have expected that. but im not personnely waiting on a car so its not fair for me to pass judgment. just wanted to point out somethings that could have happened.

michael

Michael.

Fine you could be correct . However, when the customer requests the mods he is not told...ohhh...that will take at least an extra month or two. If that would have been the feedback I got at least I could have made a conscious decision. I was told this would not impact delivery as we have a separate mod shop being set up. Obviously this is not the case. Is simple really. Advise the customer of the impact and let them decide. Then perform to that, not wait until it is too late. Is the way I expect you would want to be treated.Steve

Michael.

Fine you could be correct . However, when the customer requests the mods he is not told...ohhh...that will take at least an extra month or two. If that would have been the feedback I got at least I could have made a conscious decision. I was told this would not impact delivery as we have a separate mod shop being set up. Obviously this is not the case. Is simple really. Advise the customer of the impact and let them decide. Then perform to that, not wait until it is too late. Is the way I expect you would want to be treated.Steve

i agree steve, just wanted to try to give the other side. i might be way off. the parts might be there and they expected exactly this many mods, but i think alot of folks are jumping on them without having any idea what might be the real problem.

i do think they should have told you that it will take longer if you mod you car, not fair to say it wouldnt impact your deliver time

michael

....This is the same guy [John] who took money for mods while simply forgetting to mention that the mod shop had not even been built yet (at the time).

.....I may be an exception but I was not charged one cent for my Mod Shop work until the day I picked the car up.

I fully understand everyone's frustrations for the long wait...some up to 6 months. My uncle waited 3 months for his and couldn't wait any longer. He stole a new 2007 regular GT and got caught. Now he will be waiting 24 months in jail. Which is worse? Hang in there.

I fully understand everyone's frustrations for the long wait...some up to 6 months. My uncle waited 3 months for his and couldn't wait any longer. He stole a new 2007 regular GT and got caught. Now he will be waiting 24 months in jail. Which is worse? Hang in there.

Mom or Dads side?

For the record...if I would have been told the process would take over four months and maybe five months in the beginning I would have no problem. Now that I am locked in...appears there is no accountability. Steve

AMEN, Steve.

I purchased a car already on order by my dealership, they were under the impression from their documentation/calls to SAI that it was on the way 2 months ago-they've been paying interest/have it on their floorplan/have bills of lading and I've made 2 payments myself. had I been told it will be 6 months, fine, but the anxiety associated with the daily waiting for a call is maddening!!!!! :blink:

Seriously?!?!?

Seriously...so with 24 months to wait he instructed me to order him a 2008 Shelby GT (with mods) when they become available.........just kidding Stump :)

Mom or Dads side?

Wife's side :)

Hey Red

If he puts in his order now it "might" be there when he gets out...just kidding as I am assuming you are. Steve

LOL :) I don't think he will make 24 months. To ease the pain Michael Morris said he would send him 2 posters for his cell. Thank you Michael.

Seriously...so with 24 months to wait he instructed me to order him a 2008 Shelby GT (with mods) when they become available.........just kidding Stump :)

Wife's side :)

LOL :) I don't think he will make 24 months. To ease the pain Michael Morris said he would send him 2 posters for his cell. Thank you Michael.

Red- Now I know you have a great sense of humor! B)

Swede

I can't complain about customer service from SAI. Like my fellow IL people I waited a lot longer than normal for my car. Come to find out, it went in for some warranty work (windshield) and then got lost in the system saying it was shipped when in fact it was sitting on the lot. SAI hooked me up and took very good care of me once they were aware of the situation.

Problem seems to lie between the dealers and SAI. My dealer felt I could get more out of them than he could. seems i've read that from other posters.

i have talked to John and Bud several times, i think it is my job to do the talking. thats what i do for a living, TALK :D . i have no problem if they also want to talk to SAI, but do feel its up to me to get the product they ordered to them the way they ordered it.

Red, i will send him some posters for his cell, is he going to do like the Shawshak movie and use them to hide the hole he is digging?

michael

My dealership is totally out of the loop. I deal directly with SAI and advise them of my frustrations....I can assure you I know 100x more about my car and the status than they do. That is when and if I get feedback which is much less than desired. Steve

i have talked to John and Bud several times, i think it is my job to do the talking. thats what i do for a living, TALK :D . i have no problem if they also want to talk to SAI, but do feel its up to me to get the product they ordered to them the way they ordered it.

michael

Yes you do Michael.......talk that is.......... :lol::lol::lol:

Michael does a great job of getting back to you and keeping in the loop. There are a couple of dealers here who do know whats going on. Thanks again Michael

Left you a v-mail yesterday afternoon.

My dealership is totally out of the loop. I deal directly with SAI and advise them of my frustrations....I can assure you I know 100x more about my car and the status than they do. That is when and if I get feedback which is much less than desired. Steve

I want to say I 100% know your and CMatt's frustration along with others. I know first hand, as my wife and I own and operate 2 national franchise territories and we run into back ups all the time. When I was considered a small operator the jobs would just fly in and out with NO big hitches. But now that we need more parts, things get backed up. Suppliers can not keep up with our demands for more parts and once the parts do arrive we are so backed up with new business it takes even longer to install them. It is a double edged sword, really. So try to to be more understanding as it happens to businesses all over the world each and everyday.

That being said I want to add that the Carroll Shelby Mustang is the most sought after Mustang alive today bar none. And to get one we must jump through hoops, otherwise we end up with a stock Gt Mustang that may look pretty but does NOT hold its value, doesn't have the alure a Shelby has and it would not be a collector car. My only regret is NOT ordering my car. Because if I had ordered it I would have a Shelby made specifically for me with mods that were installed at the Shelby factory, not at a mod shop that does it for everybody, that is huge in shows, resale and just for the sheer enjoyment of the car. :)

Swede

Spoken like a person who already has their car and not wondering where or when theirs will arrive. I tell you what....let me know what you have...we can switch...you can modify mine if you wish. Think about it. Steve

Swede

Spoken like a person who already has their car and not wondering where or when theirs will arrive. I tell you what....let me know what you have...we can switch...you can modify mine if you wish. Think about it. Steve

Steve- I guess I just wanted to say, hang in there and you'll be happy you ordered it.

Archived