TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Coupe & Conv. Info

So far as I know ther are 3 SGT's in a 150 mile radius in Maryland. Maybe 4. So the chances of your status being ruined of having the only Shelby SGT is probaly not gonna happen. And if someone really wants one now they may have to drive to get it, right Michael!

I have a 94 Cobra pace car, #358 out of 1000 built. Since the cars came out I have seen exactly 3 others. Two of them are garage queens and the other was from Texas visiting the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. If you use that as a basis then we each should only see 18 other SGTs in the next 13 years. Thats not too bad. Plus these cars are more of a "hotrod" and more of them will probably end up being trashed. I think we are still in pretty rare air as far as car owners go.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for nothing, it seems that most of the posts here are from SGT owners who worry to much about their cars becoming outdone by the next model year! In the 60's there was a new Shelby each model year. Why should that be any different than today. Depending on your tastes, the first shelbys were the best. I feel that since the 07 is the first run of the SGT, it makes my SGT special! I am glad that there has only been one SGT this year and totally expect that will be more in future years.

The owners that should be upset with Ford and Shelby are the GT500 owners. In the first real year of production there have been as many as 4 versions of the GT500 offered and only one of the SGTs.

So my advise is enjoy your SGT. It is remarkably different that the GT500 and its definitely not BLUE!

Not for nothing, it seems that most of the posts here are from SGT owners who worry to much about their cars becoming outdone by the next model year! In the 60's there was a new Shelby each model year. Why should that be any different than today. Depending on your tastes, the first shelbys were the best. I feel that since the 07 is the first run of the SGT, it makes my SGT special! I am glad that there has only been one SGT this year and totally expect that will be more in future years.

The owners that should be upset with Ford and Shelby are the GT500 owners. In the first real year of production there have been as many as 4 versions of the GT500 offered and only one of the SGTs.

So my advise is enjoy your SGT. It is remarkably different that the GT500 and its definitely not BLUE!

I can't speak for anyone else but I am happy with my SGT. I don't care how many of them are made, I have mine and that is all I'm worried about. I was just trying to emphasize that we didn't need to worry about how many were going to be sold because no matter how you look at it we have low production number vehicles. As SGT owners we are going to have the rarest of the production 07 Shelby's excluding the GTHs. And if you ask me, we got the best deal. Most of us did not pay an ADM to get our cars and there are going to be 3000 less SGTs than there are going to be GT500s for 07.

As far as the GT500's go, what are the 4 cars? I thought there were just 2. The regular GT500 and the Red Stripe GT500's. The anniv package could be considered but since any GT500 owner can have the conversion done I don't think it really counts.

I was also selfishly hoping that 07 would be the only year for the SGT however I am not surprised at the announcement. Even so, 2200 additional SGTs is not very many so I think there will still be exclusivity. I am happy with the car so I guess it doesn't matter to me much now.

My car was received at SAI on Jan 4th and I received it about 6 weeks later. I was originally going to have mods installed but realized immediatley that they were going to take a really, really long time so I bailed on that idea. I have been driving my car for over 3 months and do not regret the decision. 6 weeks was agonizing enough. It does not appear that the turnaround time has significantly improved on unmodded SGTs since the beginning and it is hard to tell exactly what is going on with the mod shop.

I was hoping for some cool Shelby gear for fathers day but I guess that isn't going to happen. If I design, manufacture and sell you guys some t-shirts and coffee mugs, do you think I'll get sued? Maybe I can get as rich as Mike did selling posters. :)

/ insert my opinion here:

Sorry to say, but this is starting to look better for the GT500. If tight exclusivity is no longer a factor, then our special niche is truly nothing more than an 07 with bolt-ons and a signature plate. The exclusivity is the Shelby magic that, I believe, gave most purchasers the kid-again grin that lead to forking over their cash.

I bought a garage queen, not a daily driver so this news kinda bums me. Think about it, if these SGT's become annual runs with a different color scheme like Mazda did with the MX5 M-Editions, they will not hold much, if any, additional value compared to the standard models. Things like depreciation and ADM would then be a more critical factor for new buyers.

I'm not trying to start the "I bought the car to drive not invest" debate. I just assumed this would be a more exclusive vehicle than it appears to be with this new news. “More Shelby’s in more hands” is great for the company, I understand. It’s just not that great for those of us that had hoped for a collectible.

No matter what happens, I love this car, but now I want a KR even more.

/ end my opinion.

Thats exactly why ALL OF US bought this car, to have an exclusive Mustang that no one else had. If it was just for looks I would have bought a GT with the mods and then had it Eleanorized by Cervini. But I wanted exclusiveness, that brought the smile to my face and that is what it does each and every time I drive it. And yes I modified my post, even I get caught up in the "what if's" some times! B)

Thats exactly why ALL OF US bought this car, to have an exclusive Mustang that no one else had. If it was just for looks I would have bought a GT with the mods and then had it Eleanorized by Cervini. But I wanted exclusiveness, that brought the smile to my face. Not a bunch of Shelby runs each year that would ruin it's exclusiveness. I am starting to want a KR too! B)

Remember Guys! Back in the 60's there was never an SGT. We have the very 1st ones!!!!

I can't speak for anyone else but I am happy with my SGT. I don't care how many of them are made, I have mine and that is all I'm worried about. I was just trying to emphasize that we didn't need to worry about how many were going to be sold because no matter how you look at it we have low production number vehicles. As SGT owners we are going to have the rarest of the production 07 Shelby's excluding the GTHs. And if you ask me, we got the best deal. Most of us did not pay an ADM to get our cars and there are going to be 3000 less SGTs than there are going to be GT500s for 07.

As far as the GT500's go, what are the 4 cars? I thought there were just 2. The regular GT500 and the Red Stripe GT500's. The anniv package could be considered but since any GT500 owner can have the conversion done I don't think it really counts.

GT500, coupe, convertible, KR, supersnake, and red stripe? 4 plus one, but I consider the redstripe like the black or white, it doesn't count!

Remember Guys! Back in the 60's there was never an SGT. We have the very 1st ones!!!!

Your right, I was considering a California Special till I saw the SGT. No comparison. These are the first SGt's.

GT500, coupe, convertible, KR, supersnake, and red stripe? 4 plus one, but I consider the redstripe like the black or white, it doesn't count!

The KR and SS are 2008 models not 2007 and the convertibles don't count, they are regular gt500s.

If you want to use that logic then there are at least 4 SGTs. Black, black s/c, white, and white s/c.

The KR and SS are 2008 models not 2007 and the convertibles don't count, they are regular gt500s.

If you want to use that logic then there are at least 4 SGTs. Black, black s/c, white, and white s/c.

Wow,

This post went crazy since I posted the other day, a very hot topic. Sure would like to know why SAI folks aren't on the board telling us what's going on.

I bet Michael Morris will get some info shortly and post what he knows from the dealer end.

GG

So far as I know ther are 3 SGT's in a 150 mile radius in Maryland. Maybe 4. So the chances of your status being ruined of having the only Shelby SGT is probaly not gonna happen. And if someone really wants one now they may have to drive to get it, right Michael!

Nope, i will make sure they get it delivered or fly into NV and pick it up. :D

alot of car of ebay, but most are still asking huge ADMs, but the production is running out on these cars

michael

I was also selfishly hoping that 07 would be the only year for the SGT however I am not surprised at the announcement. Even so, 2200 additional SGTs is not very many so I think there will still be exclusivity. I am happy with the car so I guess it doesn't matter to me much now.

My car was received at SAI on Jan 4th and I received it about 6 weeks later. I was originally going to have mods installed but realized immediatley that they were going to take a really, really long time so I bailed on that idea. I have been driving my car for over 3 months and do not regret the decision. 6 weeks was agonizing enough. It does not appear that the turnaround time has significantly improved on unmodded SGTs since the beginning and it is hard to tell exactly what is going on with the mod shop.

I was hoping for some cool Shelby gear for fathers day but I guess that isn't going to happen. If I design, manufacture and sell you guys some t-shirts and coffee mugs, do you think I'll get sued? Maybe I can get as rich as Mike did selling posters. :)

There is NO way you could get as rich as i did selling posters. im typing this for my new house is the bahamas. i have not worked a day since the poster money started rolling in. from the words of the Chapell show... IM RICH B.....!!! :D

im looking for anything is the ford store with SGT on it and cant find squat. maybe in the next month or so i can find yall something

michael

Well GG since you brought it up.

i tried to order a NEW 08 SGT today. the order bank WILL NOT let you order a mustang in vista blue with the GT upfitters package. the only color is grabber orange and has to be in the CA region. i dont know what this mean exactly but im calling the region mgr tomorrow and find out. i tried coupe and convt and it WOULD NOT let me do it. im not saying that the car cant be built, but it cant be ordered right now. this could change in the next day or so and im going to keep trying to order until i find out from the regiion mgr.

i know yall will not sleep until i post her reply tomorrow, but take some nightquil and try to get some rest

i will call her early tomorrow and let yall know what it found out.

michael

To clarify since mine was the first boo. I had hoped there wouldn't be a 2008 Shelby GT. I am not surprised there is nor am I mad. I was just hoping there wouldn't be simply for the exclusivity.

....OK, this gets a little long. Sorry.

I don't think this thread took off because people are upset about the 2008 Shelby GT in itself. I think this thread took off because members see this as another program SAI is taking on without finishing what they started. There are owners who have been waiting too long for slow shipping on unmodified cars. There are too many people waiting on the Mod shop that was supposed to be open and up to speed in March. I didn't start getting frustrated until April. By the end of April and half way into May I was as upset as some on here are now. I waited 4 months and 3 days from the time my car was completed as a Shelby GT and I picked it up. I put a deposit and ordered my car almost 6 months before I received and had made 3 payments because I was told SAI couldn't do work until it was paid. No work was started until 3 weeks before I picked it up. There are members who have every right to be upset especially if they can not make contact.

Also keep in mind we are not the only owner group upset. Some of the GT500 owners are just as upset with SAI. They are frustrated that no 40th Anniversary packages have been delivered and now there is a Super Snake. Some are upset that the GT500KR is 540HP and they no longer have the highest HP Mustang.

As was pointed out earlier we may be the vocal minority. Most Shelby GT owners probably don't know these forums exist. Most don't know they could have added modifications. Most don't know anything about 6 months worth of obsessing and driving are wives nuts.

BTW somebody posted the SuperSnake was only for 2008. That is incorrect, Any GT500 can become a Super Snake.

To clarify since mine was the first boo. I had hoped there wouldn't be a 2008 Shelby GT. I am not surprised there is nor am I mad. I was just hoping there wouldn't be simply for the exclusivity.

....OK, this gets a little long. Sorry.

I don't think this thread took off because people are upset about the 2008 Shelby GT in itself. I think this thread took off because members see this as another program SAI is taking on without finishing what they started. There are owners who have been waiting too long for slow shipping on unmodified cars. There are too many people waiting on the Mod shop that was supposed to be open and up to speed in March. I didn't start getting frustrated until April. By the end of April and half way into May I was as upset as some on here are now. I waited 4 months and 3 days from the time my car was completed as a Shelby GT and I picked it up. I put a deposit and ordered my car almost 6 months before I received and had made 3 payments because I was told SAI couldn't do work until it was paid. No work was started until 3 weeks before I picked it up. There are members who have every right to be upset especially if they can not make contact.

Also keep in mind we are not the only owner group upset. Some of the GT500 owners are just as upset with SAI. They are frustrated that no 40th Anniversary packages have been delivered and now there is a Super Snake. Some are upset that the GT500KR is 540HP and they no longer have the highest HP Mustang.

As was pointed out earlier we may be the vocal minority. Most Shelby GT owners probably don't know these forums exist. Most don't know they could have added modifications. Most don't know anything about 6 months worth of obsessing and driving are wives nuts.

BTW somebody posted the SuperSnake was only for 2008. That is incorrect, Any GT500 can become a Super Snake.

Jafo,

I must stand corrected. I thought the SS was only for 2008 GT500s. Sorry.

I read every one of these messages...whew...I'm tired.

It can be difficult to wait isn't it? I feel your pain. I myself have been waiting since last Nov. It has been quite a journey. But it makes me wonder how we made it to Xmas as a kid.

I guess it would have been nicer if Santa would have only produce 6000 gifts,

He gave us daily updates throughout the year,

Especially which options and colors the other kids were wishing for,

Only the kids that could afford them would get one,

None of the kids getting a Santa toy would ever play with them so not to ruin the future value of the toy...only to be too old to enjoy the gift 30 years later,

Kids that couldn't get one would question the value of a toy from Santa when they can make their own for cheaper,

Kids that had a toy with "made by Santa" label but never went through the Santa shop would of course dismiss the value of toy made by Santa.

and of course Santa would cancelled all future Xmas so that no other kid would ever get the pleasure to experience a real toy from the real Santa.

OK, maybe I'm going too far...but is it?

Sure, SAI could be faster. But give them a break. It's the first public offering of a Shelby in many years. They would be the first to tell you that they are not perfect....but I do believe they care. And in my book...that speaks volume for a company. If you wanted faster...there are plenty of non special mustangs available at your local dealer. No wait what's so ever. ADM...no way. The dealers may actually know what colors are offered as well.

Mods could be faster? absolutely. But give SAI credit for giving you the option of having mods installed in this first offering. They even had to build the mod shop as part of this program.

Building a 2008 SGT? Get real. That is how Shelby makes money.... they build cars. You can't expect them to build you a SGT in 2007 and go out of business the next day. And is that what we really want.... I want SAI to be a successful, viable company that continues to offer exciting and affordable offerings.

Garage queen? I didn't buy the car as a garage queen. I hope many of us will be driving our cars making the memories in our Shelby worth remembering. What memory would it be if the car sat in the garage for 30 years. Reminds me of the guy that sold a 78 corvette pace car recently at Barren Jackson. It had less than 200 miles on it. The original plastic was still on the car. He kept it in the garage, never even closed the doors so the seals wouldn't wear. He started the car once a month for 30 years. HE NEVER DROVE IT OUT OF THE GARAGE. He just started it...let it run for 15min...turned it off. That's not the memory I want for my Shelby. I think he sold it for just under 40K. He might of made 18K-26K depending of the ADM he paid. He would of done better to invest the money. There is just no promise that these SGT will repeat the history of the original Shelby's. Of course that doesn't mean we can't use the "investment" theory if that is what it takes to convinces our wives on the purchase!

6000 cars is a low volume car. Remember, they first said less than 10,000 cars. Then it was reduced to 6,000 cars. Some of us think they may be lucky to finish 4,800 cars. So what if they create 2,200 SGT's in 2008. It's still under 10,000! Heck..it may be closer 6,000 for both years. A couple thousand carried over to 2008...OK with me.

About the only thing that would be make me angry...bump it up to 350-400hp and drop the price to 28K. Not that I'm starting any rumors for the 2009 SGT...I'm just stating what would make me unhappy...today.

I know the 6, 7, 8 months is hard...but it will be worth it to me and the memories I will make over the next 30 years...will be priceless. And once you receive your car....your will too. I can't wait to see the 2037 SGT reunion party. I want to see each one of you there...if for no other reason but to compare stories of who waited the longest. Most of us will be in our 70's.

PS: Amy, John, Bud, I feel for you if you are reading this thread. You and your team work too hard to be bashed like this. Thank you for making at least one kid's dream come true by receiving a true custom ordered gift directly from Santa. Heck, I even get to tour Santa's workshop on June 15th. Xmas in June! It doesn't get any better than that.

It can be difficult to wait isn't it? I feel your pain. I myself have been waiting since last Nov. It has been quite a journey. But it makes me wonder how we made it to Xmas as a kid.

None of the kids getting a Santa toy would ever play with them so not to ruin the future value of the toy...only to be too old to enjoy the gift 30 years later,

Kids that couldn't get one would question the value of a toy from Santa when they can make their own for cheaper,

Kids that had a toy with "made by Santa" label but never went through the Santa shop would of course dismiss the value of toy made by Santa.

and of course Santa would cancelled all future Xmas so that no other kid would ever get the pleasure to experience a real toy from the real Santa.

Sure, SAI could be faster. But give them a break. It's the first public offering of a Shelby in many years. They would be the first to tell you that they are not perfect....but I do believe they care. And in my book...that speaks volume for a company. If you wanted faster...there are plenty of non special mustangs available at your local dealer. No wait what's so ever. ADM...no way. The dealers may actually know what colors are offered as well.

Mods could be faster? absolutely. But give SAI credit for giving you the option of having mods installed in this first offering. They even had to build the mod shop as part of this program.

Building a 2008 SGT? Get real. That is how Shelby makes money.... they build cars. You can't expect them to build you a SGT in 2007 and go out of business the next day. And is that what we really want.... I want SAI to be a successful, viable company that continues to offer exciting and affordable offerings.

Garage queen? I didn't buy the car as a garage queen. I hope many of us will be driving our cars making the memories in our Shelby worth remembering. What memory would it be if the car sat in the garage for 30 years. Reminds me of the guy that sold a 78 corvette pace car recently at Barren Jackson. It had less than 200 miles on it. The original plastic was still on the car. He kept it in the garage, never even closed the doors so the seals wouldn't wear. He started the car once a month for 30 years. HE NEVER DROVE IT OUT OF THE GARAGE. He just started it...let it run for 15min...turned it off. That's not the memory I want for my Shelby. I think he sold it for just under 40K. He might of made 18K-26K depending of the ADM he paid. He would of done better to invest the money. There is just no promise that these SGT will repeat the history of the original Shelby's. Of course that doesn't mean we can't use the "investment" theory if that is what it takes to convinces our wives on the purchase!

6000 cars is a low volume car. Remember, they first said less than 10,000 cars. Then it was reduced to 6,000 cars. Some of us think they may be lucky to finish 4,800 cars. So what if they create 2,200 SGT's in 2008. It's still under 10,000! Heck..it may be closer 6,000 for both years. A couple thousand carried over to 2008...OK with me.

About the only thing that would be make me angry...bump it up to 350-400hp and drop the price to 28K. Not that I'm starting any rumors for the 2009 SGT...I'm just stating what would make me unhappy...today.

I know the 6, 7, 8 months is hard...but it will be worth it to me and the memories I will make over the next 30 years...will be priceless. And once you receive your car....your will too. I can't wait to see the 2037 SGT reunion party. I want to see each one of you there...if for no other reason but to compare stories of who waited the longest. Most of us will be in our 70's.

PS: Amy, John, Bud, I feel for you if you are reading this thread. You and your team work too hard to be bashed like this. Thank you for making at least one kid's dream come true by receiving a true custom ordered gift directly from Santa. Heck, I even get to tour Santa's workshop on June 15th. Xmas in June! It doesn't get any better than that.

Ditto!

This is what I have been trying to say, I just couldn't put it in words. These are our cars, no one else's. Who cares about 2008, 2009, etc. I don't. I have #109 of the first 6000 2007 SGTs built and I am happy! My car will be driven, maybe not on a daily basis, but it will be driven. 21 years from now if I turn the keys over to my daughter and it has 100,000 miles on the clock, so what? She will have 2007 SGT #109 and all the memories that go with it. I doubt she will care that there were 2000 made in 2008.

As for the people at Shelby, give them a break. I am sure they are overwhelmed with everything going on. They are just trying to keep up, just like we do at our jobs. I have faith in them that they will make things right. Just give them time to catch their breath a bit. Amy and Bud have been great on the occasions I have communicated with them. They are good people and I am sure they are working their butts off to get things done!

Hi all,

Newbie here but I've been reading for months hoping for details of an SGT vert.

Can some (dealer) confirm when 08 'vert configuration can be placed into order entry?

Also I've seen some positive comments about ordering close to MSRP from east coast dealers on the forum - does anyone have similar kind of nice things to say about dealers in (gulp) Oregon?

Thanks in advance!

hmm i half expected some response in this thread from someone at SAI. Do they even read the board any more?

I'm sure many people who bought or plan on buying know of these boards. The shelby GT is a much lower profile car than the GT500 so it has more hardcore shelby enthusiasts.

Since I seem to have started us down this road....let me vent some more. First there is not acknowlegement anywhere that there are problems at SAI. There is no communications there are problems but we certainly know better. There are at least four of us in chicago waiting for cars. That includes that crazy Matt guy. We have been waiting for well past the six week standard no mod time frame and our cars still state "arrived at Shelby". No other info....nothing....At least matt and I have canceled all mods....you would think that would get some attention but appears it hasnt and the lack of SAI personnel on this forum tells me more than anything the current situation. Steve

I dont care that they are making 08's as I figured as much. I dont care about how much I make in 40 years on my car. I love the living sh*t out of it and that is why I bought it. I have wanted a Shelby since I was a little kid and saw my uncles in the garage for the first time. What I think the important thing here is that there seems to be no feedback from SAI. I know they are busy, and blah, blah, blah but they are a business like any other. I have had an issue with a grill now for a while and have still not got it resolved. I am going to bend the crap out of it and make it fit but it shouldnt be this way. It did not get screwed up in shipping either. It was packed great and not damaged at all, it went out this way....half a*sed. And when you call and ask for parts you get Shandra who doesnt seem to know her a*s from her elbow, and she tells you there is only one line to parts. Doug and Bud share a phone and it is ALWAYS busy. I think they have done a great job with this car and give them alot of credit but also there is room for improvement. Add a phone line in parts, add an employee if they are overwhelmed, etc. The people they ahve appear to be working their butts off and need help. They have a system in place for the tracker but it is not useful and could be with a person manning it which would eliminate the people irritated about it. And the dealers are no help either. H*ll we are lucky we were even able to order one. Most of the dealers dont know what the car is and then after YOU explain to them what they are going to sel you for over 40K they suddenly act like they are an expert and want an ADM. And while on that subject, the GT500 was announced from day one it would be a 3 year run. The Shelby GT was a 1 year run. The dealers tell you the SGT it is super rare and will only be made for one year at 6000 units. I realize that is sales but they are not helping things. So I can see why some are PO's by an 08. And last we seem to hear from SAI when it suits them...ie new model or parts coming out but when there are issues no one is there. I just hate to see this thing die because of these issues. They have a great product, are passionate and dedicated and with just some minor tweaks they could shut us up. Thats my opinion anyway.

To be completely fair maybe that should be changed to "A" customer is calling. SAI has no problem delivering to dealerships and those of us who do have a SGT are very satisfied. Heck, we have dealers on this very board who can't sell the SGT's they have in stock! We on this board represent a very small minority - a single digit percentage of their customer base - and even with the 60 or so vocal people here, what percentage are unhappy over actual true issues? Naturally I am not advocating pushing out the one to please the 1000 in any way but in the big picture we are but a pixel.

I think it would be a good idea to start a new topic to see just who is waiting on a special order delivery and how long the wait has been just to check the percentages.

I get it Stump, my point in posting that comment is that they just need to address the issues currently facing them with the CURRENT product and customers. And WE are the customers. Sure board memebers tend to be more fanitical and there will be many who buy this car for the "cool factor" and not really know or car about the "SHELBY" legend. But in business today, more than ever, the consumer drives the success of a company. Don't address the customer and your business suffers. And let's face it, today's businesses can not afford to have damaged reputations or put out a poor product. Trust me, the experience, before, during and after the sale lasts a long time in people's memories. And I think that IS THE BIG PICTURE. T

This PUBLIC FORUM is just that, a forum, good, bad and ugly. What a unique opportunity to have immeidiate customer feedback to improve your business or product. Just my .02

Hi all,

Newbie here but I've been reading for months hoping for details of an SGT vert.

Can some (dealer) confirm when 08 'vert configuration can be placed into order entry?

Also I've seen some positive comments about ordering close to MSRP from east coast dealers on the forum - does anyone have similar kind of nice things to say about dealers in (gulp) Oregon?

Thanks in advance!

I am a Dealer in DENVER, CO

And will be happy to get one ordered for you. Like MM said order bank won't price out a Vista Blue one yet. BUT I STILL PUT 2 Conv & 1 Coupe in the order bank.

thanks randy

303 584-6623 check my SIG below

VERY VERY WELL SAID.......................

randy

....I never saw anybody say the Shelby GT was going to be a one year (2007) run. In fact what I clearly remember Amy saying was a decision would be made after they saw how well the 2007 sold.

Harley or MM,

Is the increase in price the MSRP for the Shelby package? Meaning they have now given the dealers an MSRP above the parts billing of $8390.

EDIT: Also shouldn't there already be a price increase for the convertible from Ford. The only thing different in the Shelby Package I see is the light bar. That is a $450 part plus install. The difference the SAI convertible package is $2300. That seems a bit much.

PS.

I'll be 64 but I'll have my 32 year old son drive me in.......or in the passenger seat. :P

You know, I have no issue with anything you wrote other than the above. Business is business and people can agree to disagree. While I understand they are going through growth pains and I never and DO NOT question anyone's intent or passion for what they are trying to do. In fact I don't even bemoan the silly quality issues that should be expected for what is essentially a hand built operation. S__T happens...and everything I've sen shows SAI cares and Bud will do what's needed to fix things. Finally I am sure, as I have said elsewhere, that once I have my car I'm sure I'll be in a MUCH more forgiving mood. Oh...as for the 08 SGT, heh? Doesn't bother me at all! I don't think it will effect value that much to tell you the truth but then again I'm not buying the car some guy 50 years from now can get rich off it. So I don't really care.

HOWEVER...

I object to the idea that we are "bashing". We are customers. Worse we are customers purchasing a product that isn't a "need" and we're paying a high relative price for it. Some more than others. I don't think it's improper or "bashing" to tell the company our issues. Again this isn't about people but an entity that has processes and a business and thus far, I think, the issues expressed have been focused on that and not the people you mention above.

In business you can't make it personal or take it personal. Of course that's easy to say, but in this case there is NOTHING that's been said that can't be fixed.

The real gem here, and what too few companies have, is customers that share a common passion and really care. Some people may have thought my COO list was a joke, but I was VERY serious in trying to tell a company I care about, "you have problems". You have problems you need to address. Here are some things you should be thinking about. What hurts most I think is that none of them, in my experience, are very difficult or expensive. The resources needed to implement or fix these things will pay back huge dividends in productivity, revenue, and profitability.

SAI has found the creative side to the equation of success, I would say they're doing VERY WELL in that regard, however on the business side "not so much". In any business it's VERY hard to get someone to give you their money. If you can create a product that feeds passion and creates a buzz you're fortunate, if you then have a business process and model that turns these people away, you're doing something wrong.

People waiting 5 months for wheels is WRONG! Selling mods without a mod shop is WRONG! Don't sell what you don't have! Don't set expectations you can't deliver on. Under promise and over deliver...basic business.

That's what has happened here and it's my hope there is someone inside SAI that has been saying these same things and all of us are the ammunition that person needs to effect some real change.

I'm out of this conversation and all I needed to say...

All the best to all!

Matt

106 Days and counting...

Archived