TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum Delivery

ShelbyPilot

I meant to do this earlier but have had a busy week since and now I hope to remember more than I forgot. These are things I learned during my Museum Delivery. I am not going to spoil any of the Museum delivery secrets, just things I learned about our cars. Those who have been, feel free to add things I missed or forgot. I was in a bit of a daze. SAI, if you don't like, I am sorry.

1. As of May 18th, 2007 SAI had completed over 3000 cars with over 1200 on the lot. The latter cars in various stage from just arrived to waiting for a truck.

2. The build process in a nut shell. The cars arrive. They are PDI and then striped. Then they wait for a two man team to take ownership of the vehicle. That team does the rest of the Shelby GT modification one car at a time. The cars are test driven and then parked until shipped.

3. This is one of the coolest: The two man team signs the car in an undisclosed location.....becareful if you start tearing your cars apart. :P

4. The front sway bar is adjustable. There are three holes on each end. It is set on the softest setting but easily adjusted.

5. The supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP.

6. There is another Shelby museum in Gardena, CA. I might have to take a 30 minute drive.

7. The stock ford parts that were removed from the car are warehoused out as used parts.

hmmmm, I can't help but think there is more. I'll post if I remember.

If you can't or weren't able to do a Museum Delivery, I highly recommend taking a trip to the Vegas before production is completed. Talk to SAI before hand tell them your VIN or CSM and go see the tour. It is worth the money. Besides doesn't airfare and hotels get cheap during the Vegas summer.

Good info. I am planning to take the trip to Vegas with my wife. We are not taking delivery but selecting the home delivery. I just need to communicate with John and my dealer on when the car may be done to plan the trip.

I have also read on either this or another board that the owners have had the take off parts shipped to their house. That is if they had the hood, brake, wheel and tire pkgs. installed. Any knowledge of that?

I have been enjoying your posts. You have done a great job with your car and it has helped me make decisions on mine. B)

I have also read on either this or another board that the owners have had the take off parts shipped to their house. That is if they had the hood, brake, wheel and tire pkgs. installed. Any knowledge of that?

Yes, if you're having mods done, you can talk with John when you set them up to have the parts shipped back to you at your expense. This can get pretty expensive for heavy weight stuff so unless you REALLY want it (like wheels) vs. like to have (breaks), but it can be done!

Good luck!

....like Matt said you do get your original Shelby GT parts back if you have additional modifications. My cold air intake, replaced by the supercharger, was in the trunk and John has made arrangements to have my hood shipped to me when I get back home.

The cost was another reason I had the brake package put in the trunk. If I would have gotten the brakes and wheels from SAI, I would have borrowed a truck and trailered the car home.

3. This is one of the coolest: The two man team signs the car in an undisclosed location.....becareful if you start tearing your cars apart. :P

I forgot to say, I too think this is cool. This is the kind of stuff that makes great companies and wish it had been mentioned earlier. It truly is these little things that separate a brand company from just another corporation. Just very cool and something as COO I would have been all over!

Now, if I just had a car I could start tearing it apart to find the two guys that took so long with it, guess I'll have to wait a little longer..

<_<

i know where the signature is! when they put the kanudler valve in the sign right above to the left. you will only be able to find it when you change the headlight fluid and replace the muffler bearings at the same time.

michael

....must be a slow day. Don't you have cars to sell or something.

awesome info! if you order black razors from the factory will they include the stock black bullitts in teh trunk?

i doubt it highly but it would be nice to have a set of 18s to use for autocrossing or somethin and the 20s for DD :)

....If you have SAI put Razors ar any other wheel on your car you keep your 18" bullets. They are your wheels you paid for them. There is no offer of credit. I don't think more than one would fit in the trunk. You'll have to have them shipped or haul them home yourself.

Parts removed to make your car a Shelby GT are SAIs, ie. air box, shifer, suspension. Parts removed or replaced after the car becomes a Shelby GT are yours, ie cold air for a supercharger, brakes for the brake package, and wheel replacements.

....I remembered one other thing. I said the supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP. However, it is tuneable for more and comes with a tuner box. I don't remember which kind. It is at home in my garage. I'll post it when I get back if somebody doesn't sooner.

....I remembered one other thing. I said the supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP. However, it is tuneable for more and comes with a tuner box. I don't remember which kind. It is at home in my garage. I'll post it when I get back if somebody doesn't sooner.

It would be great if it was an SCT but I'm thinking a Diablo. Let us know when you get a chance.

its a diablo

I forgot to say, I too think this is cool. This is the kind of stuff that makes great companies and wish it had been mentioned earlier. It truly is these little things that separate a brand company from just another corporation. Just very cool and something as COO I would have been all over!

Now, if I just had a car I could start tearing it apart to find the two guys that took so long with it, guess I'll have to wait a little longer..

<_<

Knowing my luck, mine's probably being done by Dumb abd Dumber-Matt I heard Tweedle Dee and Tweedl Dum had yours

Knowing my luck, mine's probably being done by Dumb abd Dumber-Matt I heard Tweedle Dee and Tweedl Dum had yours

I saw them working on your car on my visit this last wed. One of the guys was looking at something, scratching his head? I don't know if that means anything but, then i heard this clang sound when i was talking to Bud, and something was hanging underneth it? What is that? is what i heard after that. Then i started looking closer and asked Bud, When did they switch to those stripes? Well , i guess you will see for yourself...........................

Just Kidding! :)

You guys are just killing me! Oh the laughter! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't you see the 2 yo yo's working on the car when you go to the Shelby GT info page of the 1st cars coming to Shelby and in a few of those pics there is a guy with long hair and another dude and it looks like they are putting the Shelby letters on the trunk. I am willing to bet that is the same 2 guys who do all the work after the cars are striped.

Archived