TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripe repair (my fault)

michael10128

am i better off going to a local autobody to replace it (passenger side hood, under scoop by front edge of hood) or local ford dealer?

Should i get the stripe from Bud/SAI or is it easy to order from ford or autobody?

Thanks

There have been some recent posts regarding stripe replacement. If it were my car, I would contact Bud and have my own person replace the stripe. That way I have some control over who is doing the task and their ability and experience. But that's just me. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

There have been some recent posts regarding stripe replacement. If it were my car, I would contact Bud and have my own person replace the stripe. That way I have some control over who is doing the task and their ability and experience. But that's just me. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Get the stripe from SAI and have a PROFESSINAL install it.

Trust me on that ! :huh:

I have a local vender that installs vinyl stripes and pinstripes, I recomend an expert to do this. Contact the the dealer that you bought your car from and find out who they use for after market vinyl stripes. They might be able to match the Shelby vinyl. Mark

I was thinking to someday have my stripes painted on...exact color and orientation of the factory stripes. There is a local paint shop in my area that specializes in classic cars, etc. Very expensive, but very good. Any thoughts on this effecting the car's "originality", worth, resale, etc.?

J

I was thinking to someday have my stripes painted on...exact color and orientation of the factory stripes. There is a local paint shop in my area that specializes in classic cars, etc. Very expensive, but very good. Any thoughts on this effecting the car's "originality", worth, resale, etc.?

J

Just please have a professional do it ! They used a special solution to wet them when they put mine on today. The guy told me it's a little different with vinyl....and he did a great job. Get them from SAI. They will cut them for what you need.

Do not do it yourself..and do not let someone try to match them. you must get the same exact stripe . It's worth the wait lol.

Just please have a professional do it ! They used a special solution to wet them when they put mine on today. The guy told me it's a little different with vinyl....and he did a great job. Get them from SAI. They will cut them for what you need.

Do not do it yourself..and do not let someone try to match them. you must get the same exact stripe . It's worth the wait lol.

I have a local pro, ill give bud an email...get the real stripe...

its not that bad that i cant wait a while to get it fixed...

just sucks though, because it was my fault.....

Archived