TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Waiting for Razors

dave c

Just a quick look see as to who is still waiting on razors. Which finish did you choose? We are getting the chrome. Ours has been there since late Dec or early Jan. Will have made 5 car payments by June. Never thought that in the beginning that we would have had to wait this long.

Dave

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ONLY 16 WHEELS (4 PEOPLE), MILSTANG WE COUNTED YOU FOR THE SILVER VERSION, IS HOLDING UP ALL OF OUR CARS. THERE'S GOT TO BE MORE OF US OUT THERE!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THEY COME IN BY THE END OF MAY, OR WE MAY ALL HAVE TO GO TO AR AND GO POSTAL ON THEM.

wHAT TIRE CHOICE IS EVERYBODY GOING WITH? WE ARE GOING WITH BF GOODRICH g-force TA/KDW.

DAVE

I already have the car (lucky me) and have been waiting for the black razors to become available. The only thing that kind of sucks is that wheel sensors have to be put back on the new rims and also they need new longer straps that hold the sensors on. It's kind of a hassle but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

When are the Black Razors going to be available? Does anyone know? I want/need the Black Razors. I do most of my wheel and tire purchases on Tire Rack. I see they carry the Shelby wheels too. I will probbaly order the package from them once the wheel becomes available.

I already have the car (lucky me) and have been waiting for the black razors to become available. The only thing that kind of sucks is that wheel sensors have to be put back on the new rims and also they need new longer straps that hold the sensors on. It's kind of a hassle but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

I understand the hassle but to have your car sitting in Las Vegas waiting on some wheels you can just have shipped later seems silly to me...there's got to be more. Right? :blink:

I understand the hassle but to have your car sitting in Las Vegas waiting on some wheels you can just have shipped later seems silly to me...there's got to be more. Right? :blink:

You know how it is, you have to have what you have to have. Did I write that correctly? B)

When are the Black Razors going to be available? Does anyone know? I want/need the Black Razors. I do most of my wheel and tire purchases on Tire Rack. I see they carry the Shelby wheels too. I will probbaly order the package from them once the wheel becomes available.

Mike, I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure that I heard that the BLACK Razor's are only available through SAI. I could be wrong though. I checked the Tire Rack before writing this and didn't see the BLACK ones. I did see the chrome and gunmetal ones but not the Black. They do, however, have the BLACK Rogue wheels from AR which look very similar to the Razors.

As far as delivery, I heard they were due at the end of May sometime around the 29th. But again, that could change again due to AR's schedule.

Just a couple more days for the black Razor's. Can't wait to see more about them myself.

Adam

RIGHT YOU ARE. WE WANT SHELBY TO INSTALL BRAKE PACKAGE. THEREFORE HAVING THE WHEELS INATALLED AT THE SAME TIME MAKES IT EASIER FOR US. CHECKED INTO BRAKES AND WHEELS WITH LOCAL VENDERS, BUT YOU CAN ONLY GET SHELBY RAZOR WHEELS THROUGH SHELBY. HAVE TO BE AUTHENTIC. HAHA. THE CAR WILL HAVE NO MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN TINTED WINDOWS. IT HAS TO BE SHELBY OR IT DOESN'T GO ON THE CAR. DOES THAN MAKE ME A PURIST(OR JUST ANAL).

DAVE

RIGHT YOU ARE. WE WANT SHELBY TO INSTALL BRAKE PACKAGE. THEREFORE HAVING THE WHEELS INATALLED AT THE SAME TIME MAKES IT EASIER FOR US. CHECKED INTO BRAKES AND WHEELS WITH LOCAL VENDERS, BUT YOU CAN ONLY GET SHELBY RAZOR WHEELS THROUGH SHELBY. HAVE TO BE AUTHENTIC. HAHA. THE CAR WILL HAVE NO MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN TINTED WINDOWS. IT HAS TO BE SHELBY OR IT DOESN'T GO ON THE CAR. DOES THAN MAKE ME A PURIST(OR JUST ANAL).

DAVE

LOL...not sure...but that makes more sense...but wow.

Well hopefully soon!

Of course I am not speaking for SAI but here is a few points. First, The black Razors are exclusive to SAI. Amy has said so in posts. Second, the hold up is on American Racing's end. The original design they produced has problems. The clearance over the big brake packages is too small. The clearance is basically the thickness of a penny. I first saw them on a GT500 Galpin had at the LA Auto show in Dec and I was amazed by the lack of clearance. When you go into a corner the load on the wheel can force the clearance to close and the wheel makes contact with the caliper. It has happened on a very important persons car already. Third, you can buy the Shelby Razors, Redlines, or GT40 from other sources. They will be branded just the same. As far as I know the only one exclusive to SAI is the black Razor. Lastly, if you don't mind a few hours doing basic mechanics on your car get it home, have the wheels sent to you, and when they arrive put the brakes on yourself. The most difficult part was bleeding them.

We realize the hold up is an AR problem. We did check on the razor wheels through other sources, including Tire Rack and yes you can get razor just about anywhere and they have the Shelby center hub, BUT you cannot get SHELBY stamping from those sources, only through Shelby. Yes it would have been easier to get the car home first, then order the wheels and wait for them. We wanted the documentation to reflect that the car left Shelby with all the mods on it.

Dave

Ross is correct. AR is the manufacture of the Razors, Redlines, and GT40. They also make a Torq wheel with the Shelby center cap. I got in contact with Evolution from a post on stangsunleashed (link below). It was specifically for the GT40 wheel but maybe they can help. Also look below at what I found at Hillbank Motorsports. Just be very careful that you get the new generation with the correct specifications. Especially if you are going with a brake package upgrade.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showforum=117

http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product...ducts_id=150013

Archived