TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better ride

dodie36

John,

I am a female interested in an auto GT. I love it but the ride is alittle rough for me. Is there a way to make the GT a better riding awsome looking vehicle without getting into other problems????? What do you suggest??

John,

I am a female interested in an auto GT. I love it but the ride is alittle rough for me. Is there a way to make the GT a better riding awsome looking vehicle without getting into other problems????? What do you suggest??

I am female, and I love the ride ! It was a little rough getting use to in the beginning...but the suspension and the tires makes this one awesome ride ! I wouldn't change a thing about how this car rides ! If you can't adjust...maybe try a straight GT ? unless you are set on a Shelby ! :D Also...the 5 speed manual is sooooooo much fun to drive ! Go for it !

Sue

Dodie, welcome to the Shelby GT forum and family.

Don't mind Matt, he's kind of delirious since he's waited for his car for so long. Just kidding.

Matt, had you come down to SAI last week with Socal, Chilli and me, you would have found plenty - especially if you had the Hertz.

Now back to your real question Dodie. Shelby's heritage is in racing. Race cars aren't designed to be luxury, as you know. That said, these cars are designed for much better racing performance over a stock Mustang GT as they are lowered and have parts designed for a better cornering and such. The bottom line is that the "rough ride" is sort of part of the Shelby design.

Ditto to sdear's comments. I was in Vegas last week with my wife. We rented a Shelby Hertz. My wife complained of the rough ride a little bit too. She also complained about the whiplash I kept giving her, but that's another story. At the end of the stay, while on the way to the airport, I had her drive it and she ended up loving it. I absolutely think you would get used to the ride after a short while.

Dodie, welcome to the Shelby GT forum and family.

Don't mind Matt, he's kind of delirious since he's waited for his car for so long. Just kidding.

Matt, had you come down to SAI last week with Socal, Chilli and me, you would have found plenty - especially if you had the Hertz.

Now back to your real question Dodie. Shelby's heritage is in racing. Race cars aren't designed to be luxury, as you know. That said, these cars are designed for much better racing performance over a stock Mustang GT as they are lowered and have parts designed for a better cornering and such. The bottom line is that the "rough ride" is sort of part of the Shelby design.

Ditto to sdear's comments. I was in Vegas last week with my wife. We rented a Shelby Hertz. My wife complained of the rough ride a little bit too. She also complained about the whiplash I kept giving her, but that's another story. At the end of the stay, while on the way to the airport, I had her drive it and she ended up loving it. I absolutely think you would get used to the ride after a short while.

Thanks Aodwyer...you said it better than I did !

Funny story about your wife...my hubby says to me "when I am in the car..you have to drive it like you have a passenger"....then when you are alone.....you drive it like you are alone ! hahaha...there are 2 different ways to drive this car??? :P :lol: Drive it like you stole it I say ! :D

haha..I don't drive it like that...but I sure have fun !

Archived