TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

I'm waiting....................................................................................................................................................... ;)

THESE WERE AWESOME IN REAL LIFE...keep in mind my hands won't be in the chrome like you see in these pics hahaha.

For our supercharged friends :

2407335670092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2672238470092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

For us less fortunate non supercharged people :)

2423082360092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2506341650092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

More shots :

2202542040092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2497978760092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2219995500092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2094646930092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

These were nicely made...by an authorized Shelby dealer. I have one coming next week.

Will post more pics of the show later.

Sue

THESE WERE AWESOME IN REAL LIFE...keep in mind my hands won't be in the chrome like you see in these pics hahaha.

For our supercharged friends :

2407335670092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2672238470092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

For us less fortunate non supercharged people :)

2423082360092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2506341650092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

More shots :

2202542040092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2497978760092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2219995500092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2094646930092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

These were nicely made...by an authorized Shelby dealer. I have one coming next week.

Will post more pics of the show later.

Sue

And I have to tell you...I about died when I saw this. The Shelby dealer that was there must have thought I lost my mind. Ask RJ....I could hardly contain myself.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see here. 8 pages and 151 posted replies.....................................who counted the number of ideas......everyone in a frenzy and .....................................it's already done.

Perfect! End of contest. Bud, call this guy, your work is done. Don't get any easier than that.

They look awesome! Maybe they can be put on the remainder of the production run and added to the 08.

Is it an over lay? Or and entire piece?

No matter, they did a great job. B)

Let's see here. 8 pages and 151 posted replies.....................................who counted the number of ideas......everyone in a frenzy and .....................................it's already done.

Perfect! End of contest. Bud, call this guy, your work is done. Don't get any easier than that.

They look awesome! Maybe they can be put on the remainder of the production run and added to the 08.

I agree sign me up i'll take one

WOW!!!!!!! + 1. This is great and exactly what I had in mind. Bud can it be done?

Dave

Taking bets that it's already done. Just waiting on the details. That product is too finished to be a prototype.

No...that guy "made " those. He does alot of Shelby work.....builds cars etc. He is an authorized Shelby dealer.

He told us how he made them. All Ford and Shelby parts.

No...that guy "made " those. He does alot of Shelby work.....builds cars etc. He is an authorized Shelby dealer.

He told us how he made them. All Ford and Shelby parts.

What I ment by that statement was that the emblem in the center had to be done already and the design approved by SAI in order for him to use it. He would have to had the OK to produce it and sell the branded logo. The Ford outer ring is and OEM peice from what you are saying. So the insert would be a Shelby piece. Bud had mentioned that it would be an overlay to the GT on the back of the car in one of his recent responses. By a done deal, I was refering to the center logo, signature etc.

He did a terriffic job. By the pic's it looks like a production piece. Sorry if you felt I was out of line with my statement. Did not mean to offend anyone.

ok ok..i am home. Let me get my pics loaded...and I will post them !! :D

Sue, Great pics!! Happy to hear that Ralph had a good time. Were those pics with the gas caps of CS6's and CS8's or were they Shelby clones?

Dave

What I ment by that statement was that the emblem in the center had to be done already and the design approved by SAI in order for him to use it. He would have to had the OK to produce it and sell the branded logo. The Ford outer ring is and OEM peice from what you are saying. So the insert would be a Shelby piece. Bud had mentioned that it would be an overlay to the GT on the back of the car in one of his recent responses. By a done deal, I was refering to the center logo, signature etc.

He did a terriffic job. By the pic's it looks like a production piece. Sorry if you felt I was out of line with my statement. Did not mean to offend anyone.

Noooo..you weren't out of line at all. I just was trying to make sure you knew it was made by him.

It looked really nicely done.

Dave...I really really didn't even look at the car once I spotted the gas cap....but I think he makes those too. They were pretty nice cars.

I am sure SAI is working on something very special for us...I know Bud and the folks will come through.

I was just shocked and excited to see those...they really really looked nice.

sdear, great job finding these. They look great. If they end up getting made or what ever gets made for the SGT, I'll take one.

I just noticed that the arthouse pictures has the "GT" faux gas cap in the upper left. Now this picture (black)will be off by the gas cap, polished wheels and the GT fender emblem. I also find it strange that no where on that picture does it say "Shelby GT". Oh well, I'll still end up buying one anyway.

http://shelby.artehouse.com/perl/noOptions...6e9a1c3ca4d758d

.....unless i am mistaken the gas caps Sdear posted are the same ones that come in the CS6/8 packages. I saw them on both a CS6 and CS8 at the show I went to today. I thought they were supposed to be exclusive to those cars. I could be wrong, it happens with regularity.

Adam, the picture won't be off because these fuel caps are post production. I seriously doubt SAI is going to send one out to all 6000 cars.

Guys, not to squash on anyone's kahunas, but we do have wheel center caps coming out. Really soon.-John

Ummmmm John... I don't have any kahunas !!!!! :P :lol:

And the cars I saw those on were on the C6/8 packages...I confirmed this with someone from my group that was there. I honestly didn't pay any attention to the car.....as Iwas so excited when I saw this cap !

I will be anxiously awaiting to see these caps for us from SAI, like many others here !! :D

The gas cap was made by Tampa Bay Shelby with parts they get from SAI. Steve said he would be happy to make them available to us by e-mailing him at Tampabayshelby@aol.com

The pix sdear took were on the CS/6-CS8's that Steve was showing. He is an authorized Shelby dealer and does great work.

....I would be upset if I were a CS6/8 owner and an authorized dealer was selling a part designed exclussively for the $15,000 (before install) package I paid for was selling them to anybody. Also, as a Shelby GT owner, I don't want a gas cap that was designed for another Mustang. That is what got this whole discussion goin several months ago. But to each his own opinion and I can pass on the part and keep the "GT" gas cap if I so choose.

Ok.......back to the contest................

Here is another logo for someone to modify.....

I know we're talking gas caps, but this is what should have been put on the side of the car replacing the GT emblem with Powered By Ford emblem. Maybe a last minute change on the 08 SGT models.

Just my thoughs......

GG

not to jump on the train but did anybody come up with a new gas cap design or did it get derailed

Not derailed .........delayed. SAI folks are in Tulsa, OK at the Ford meet this week. Bud said that it is a go and final design to be determined. He should be getting back to us within a week or so. I'm waiting as is everyone else. Can't wait and see what they come up with.

I may have been a little premature with the availability of the faux gas cap Sdear. I was a little caught up in the moment as you were a bit excited about seeing the part on the cars at Daytona. I am checking with the powers that be to see if the part can be offered individually. I will let you know.

I may have been a little premature with the availability of the faux gas cap Sdear. I was a little caught up in the moment as you were a bit excited about seeing the part on the cars at Daytona. I am checking with the powers that be to see if the part can be offered individually. I will let you know.

Welcome Tampa Bay! I must say your work on the gas caps is 1st. rate. Nice job.

Thank you! We are trying to produce a product worthy of the Shelby name.

Thank you Steve !!!! If you read this whole thread, you can understand why i was SO EXCITED when I saw those gas caps lol.

I am sorry if I mobbed you over it lol. Between the excitement of seeing so many nice cars..and 10000 degree heat....my brain was overwhelmed !!

Your caps that you had on your Shelbys were just awesome....and I want to thank you for checking with them first. You seem to be a first rate guy....with first rate cars..and I wouldn't ask you to do anything to jeapordize your relationship with Shelby !

I might be seeing you for a supercharger one of these days :D ( can you imagine me driving a SC...watch out America !!! )

Hello from British Columbia!

I've read along for a couple of months now and wanted to jump in and say hello to everyone! I purchased my SGT on February 11, 2007 from Dick Hannah Ford in Portland, Oregon. While I have a design firm in Portland and Vancouver, BC, I recently married a Canadian and will be moving my residency to British Columbia - and thus, registering my car in BC in the coming months.

Its been fun driving around my SGT in Vancouver, BC and the lower mainland - as I believe my SGT was the first to be seen in Canada! First hit the BC streets on February 12th, 2007.

Since my purchase (black with silver stripes, 5-speed manual, premium upgrades including Shaker 1000) I have deleted the ugly Serius "bug" had my body shop remove the vinyl stripes, patch the hole left from the Serius Satelite "bug" and had the silver stripes painted. I've also had Bud send me a new hood scoop (vinyl stripe deleted) and had the black stripe painted, clear-coated and reinstalled. Painted stripes look awesome!

Still having issues with my hood sitting flat - but Bud (as always) is helping me resolve this one.

I too went through the noises only to discover on my own the exhaust bracket being too long - had it bent out of the way - and noises went away.

I'm soon to hit the 4,000 mile mark - well, I will next week when I drive "the Shelby" down to Portland. When she arrives to stump-town, she will be getting new 20" Black Razors, Sequential Tail Lights and a replacement of the billet grille to the CS8 Grille Assembly (with Shelby lettering and driving lights) to which I can't wait!

To all of you who are still waiting.....the wait will be well worth it. This car is, simply stated, SWEET.

My exhaust has broken in and the sound is perrrrfect. First gear is short, but second and third make up for it.

Since my new Razor Rims will have the Shelby Snake Logo on the center caps, and since my new front Grille Assembly (SHELBY lettering) will replace the "pony logo" - I decided to purchase a faux gas cap with the Shelby Snake logo on it (Ford Racing website). I've also purchased a Snake Logo version of an aftermarket cigarette lighter plug too. So my badging will mostly be "SHELBY" lettering and "Snake Logos" with a pony appearing on my steering wheel center cap. I went for consistency.

I've also purchased the engine bay Aesthetic Kit - which also sport the Shelby Snake logo.

Anyway, its been a pleasure reading along each evening and I look forward to chatting with you all in the coming weeks and months ahead!

My CSM # 07SGT0129

SGTinBC!

I'll post pictures in a week or so when my upgrades are installed!!!

Hello from British Columbia!

I've read along for a couple of months now and wanted to jump in and say hello to everyone! I purchased my SGT on February 11, 2007 from Dick Hannah Ford in Portland, Oregon. While I have a design firm in Portland and Vancouver, BC, I recently married a Canadian and will be moving my residency to British Columbia - and thus, registering my car in BC in the coming months.

Its been fun driving around my SGT in Vancouver, BC and the lower mainland - as I believe my SGT was the first to be seen in Canada! First hit the BC streets on February 12th, 2007.

Since my purchase (black with silver stripes, 5-speed manual, premium upgrades including Shaker 1000) I have deleted the ugly Serius "bug" had my body shop remove the vinyl stripes, patch the hole left from the Serius Satelite "bug" and had the silver stripes painted. I've also had Bud send me a new hood scoop (vinyl stripe deleted) and had the black stripe painted, clear-coated and reinstalled. Painted stripes look awesome!

Still having issues with my hood sitting flat - but Bud (as always) is helping me resolve this one.

I too went through the noises only to discover on my own the exhaust bracket being too long - had it bent out of the way - and noises went away.

I'm soon to hit the 4,000 mile mark - well, I will next week when I drive "the Shelby" down to Portland. When she arrives to stump-town, she will be getting new 20" Black Razors, Sequential Tail Lights and a replacement of the billet grille to the CS8 Grille Assembly (with Shelby lettering and driving lights) to which I can't wait!

To all of you who are still waiting.....the wait will be well worth it. This car is, simply stated, SWEET.

My exhaust has broken in and the sound is perrrrfect. First gear is short, but second and third make up for it.

Since my new Razor Rims will have the Shelby Snake Logo on the center caps, and since my new front Grille Assembly (SHELBY lettering) will replace the "pony logo" - I decided to purchase a faux gas cap with the Shelby Snake logo on it (Ford Racing website). I've also purchased a Snake Logo version of an aftermarket cigarette lighter plug too. So my badging will mostly be "SHELBY" lettering and "Snake Logos" with a pony appearing on my steering wheel center cap. I went for consistency.

I've also purchased the engine bay Aesthetic Kit - which also sport the Shelby Snake logo.

Anyway, its been a pleasure reading along each evening and I look forward to chatting with you all in the coming weeks and months ahead!

My CSM # 07SGT0129

SGTinBC!

I'll post pictures in a week or so when my upgrades are installed!!!

wow..thanks for posting !! Sounds like you have a GREAT car !!!! I think I need painted on stripes...right Bud ?? :D I bet that looks awesome..can't wait to see pictures !!!

Have fun with your car up in BC !!!

Sue

Hi ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because the BIG GUYS are in Tulsa, doesn't mean we stop working :D well, LOL But we are just about done with the cap. We do have a design and it was an idea that was posted. BUT, we will disclose the winner and we show the logo. It will be coming soon!!!!!!

And HI STEVE!!!!!!! Welcome to the boards!!!!!!! The logos you have have are for the CS6/CS8 packages. They do look great!!!!!!!!

Stuned tuned!!!! The caps are coming soon!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Archived