TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

Here is a thought. Remember, just a thought and it is ruff.

What if they put a honeycomb decklid trim panel and put it on the back of the car. Put the Shelby letters in it, much like on the C6 grille. I would prefer the Shelby letters on the GT500. You could then have GT in one lower corner and a small Ford oval or Powered by ford in the other.

I am not sure what this would look like on a white Shelby though.

He is a photo.....ruff....just a thought.... :unsure:

Photo removed

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a thought. Remember, just a thought and it is ruff.

What if they put a honeycomb decklid trim panel and put it on the back of the car. Put the Shelby letters in it, much like on the C6 grille. I would prefer the Shelby letters on the GT500. You could then have GT in one lower corner and a small Ford oval or Powered by ford in the other.

I am not sure what this would look like on a white Shelby though.

He is a photo.....ruff....just a thought.... :unsure:

Too much. However I do like the GT500 spoiler! I think if Shelby changes the gas cap look with a SGT type faux gas cap then that will be enough, I like most everything the Shelby design team puts out.

Great ideas guys. Keep 'em coming. We talked to the production side of this idea and they are as interested in this as we are. This IS going to come into production.

Shelby Forever-

John

John, Bud, Amy if this cap goes into production , i think it should be called the DMAG57 cap , since i started the thread , this is only a sugestion and since it brought all the shelby people in to one unified family

and i would like to see the number of each car on the cap now you really have something special ....i just threw another penny for good luck

and i would like to see the number of each car on the cap now you really have something special ....i just threw another penny for good luck

I see your penny and raise you one....... :D

How about this................take the pic below, use the CS logo and signature just as it is and then the CSM number on the bottom.............. that gives you the Logo, the signature and the CMS number.....the design is already there. Just the # missing. It would match the "Official SGT" shirt. Smaller version for the steering wheel. Just like 65-66. And all the colors, black, silver, white for the exterior. For the interior, black, parchment (signature), dove gray.

I see your penny and raise you one....... :D

How about this................take the pic below, use the CS logo and signature just as it is and then the CSM number on the bottom.............. that gives you the Logo, the signature and the CMS number.....the design is already there. Just the # missing. It would match the "Official SGT" shirt. Smaller version for the steering wheel. Just like 65-66. And all the colors, black, silver, white for the exterior. For the interior, black, parchment (signature), dove gray.

I already created that many posts before. Here it is with number.

post-1452-1143517068_thumb.jpg

stripe_idea2.jpg

Missed it! There you go.

i think your put 10 pounds of sh$t in a 5 pound bag it just seems a little crouded just my thoughts

Is that about how many ideas and pic's or on the cap? :lol::lol:

no just to crowed on the cap i just think it needs to be simple mu opinion

What if you got rid of the FORD and enlarged the logo just a little and rounded the CSM #?

stripe_idea2.jpg

In the above post, another idea, remove the FORD and replace with the CSM # and leave the logo with the signature. Contour the CSM as with the letter's FORD. That would clean up the and simplify. And another variation would be leave the signature out, replace FORD with the CSM and enlarge the logo just a bit more.

....OMG, that would very very cool but about impossible. I have been away from my car too long but isn't the FORD molded into the plastic piece. Therefore, is the CSM going to be molded. Wouldn't you need a new mold for each one ordered?

I would think so Chris. Yes it does look like an impression. Don't know if there would be any other way. But the more I think about it the more it appeals to me. :)

What if you got rid of the FORD and enlarged the logo just a little and rounded the CSM #?

In the above post, another idea, remove the FORD and replace with the CSM # and leave the logo with the signature. Contour the CSM as with the letter's FORD. That would clean up the and simplify. And another variation would be leave the signature out, replace FORD with the CSM and enlarge the logo just a bit more.

I agree will others that I doubt we can remove the "F O R D". But I removed it anyway and added CSM inside the ring. I have seen worst...

post-2549-1143591587_thumb.jpg

I agree will others that I doubt we can remove the "F O R D". But I removed it anyway and added CSM inside the ring. I have seen worst...

2004_Mustang_Roundup_BCC_008.jpg

It really doesn't look too bad. It cleaned up the cluttered look somewhat. Don't know if it is possible but where the FORD was, if someone could insert a CSM number, with the same "font", in it's place.......that would clean up the center even more. Just another thing thrown into the pot. :P

It really doesn't look too bad. It cleaned up the cluttered look somewhat. Don't know if it is possible but where the FORD was, if someone could insert a CSM number, with the same "font", in it's place.......that would clean up the center even more. Just another thing thrown into the pot. :P

i think were trying to re event the wheel , i think we have to leave the ford where it is and just replace the emblem ...easier for SAI, i just think we have to make cleanier and easier to read again the number and csm in the cap

Hi all!!!!!!!

What we are going to produce---thanks to all of you---is going to be a insert cover, not the whole cap. This is going to fit right over the center insert. Easy to install--nothing to remove.

As for the CSM# idea. I love it, but it would be way too much work to produce. For every insert you make, you have to change the cutting dyes. It would take too long to do and it would not be cost effective to produce. Plus, I just went through ordering around 600 dash plaques. What a nightmare that was. Making sure the number was correct, double checking them when they came back, then matching the plate with the persons name, processing the order and then shipping it out. Just doing those took almost 3 1/2 to 4 months. And I am still working on the remaining ones now. Yes, the idea of having your CSM# on the insert was a FANTASTIC idea, it is just not realistic at this time.

Keep the idea coming!!!!!!!!!! Maybe by the end of next week, we will have a winner and a BRAND NEW gas cap insert!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Hi all!!!!!!!

What we are going to produce---thanks to all of you---is going to be a insert cover, not the whole cap. This is going to fit right over the center insert. Easy to install--nothing to remove.

As for the CSM# idea. I love it, but it would be way too much work to produce. For every insert you make, you have to change the cutting dyes. It would take too long to do and it would not be cost effective to produce. Plus, I just went through ordering around 600 dash plaques. What a nightmare that was. Making sure the number was correct, double checking them when they came back, then matching the plate with the persons name, processing the order and then shipping it out. Just doing those took almost 3 1/2 to 4 months. And I am still working on the remaining ones now. Yes, the idea of having your CSM# on the insert was a FANTASTIC idea, it is just not realistic at this time.

Keep the idea coming!!!!!!!!!! Maybe by the end of next week, we will have a winner and a BRAND NEW gas cap insert!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Good news Bud! The insert is the easiest and most cost effective by far. I think when you brainstorm the compromise IS the solution. I'm sure with the ideas of all of the members it gives SAI a running start. Some work, some don't.

I can imagine how the 600 dash plaques could eat up a great deal of time. :blink:

I think the involvement of the company on the boards shows the commitment of management to listen to the core group of buyers, process the feedback and react with a solution. Great business acumen. You guys have a lot to be proud of. Keep up the good work.

Bud

VERY COOL BUD!!!

Ok...I'm still voting for the same design as the Shelby floor mats!!! That way when purchased they match and the car, at least seems, consistent with a unifying theme. Not something thrown together! :blink:

VERY COOL BUD!!!

Ok...I'm still voting for the same design as the Shelby floor mats!!! That way when purchased they match and the car, at least seems, consistent with a unifying theme. Not something thrown together! :blink:

i have to agree with matt (ouch...biting my tongue) but think c/s like the floor matts would be easy and get to the point and the people in back of the car would get......now the color black lettering and silver back ground ....oh could i get one for my steering wheel

i have to agree with matt (ouch...biting my tongue) but think c/s like the floor matts would be easy and get to the point and the people in back of the car would get......now the color black lettering and silver back ground ....oh could i get one for my steering wheel

:o The prophecy has been fulfilled...when Matt and dmag agree, the seventh seal will open releasing the...

Ok, I copied this from my other post.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Its cool. No offense taken on anything. Thats why I said it was just an idea. As for the cobra, that was used for the CS6/CS8's.

Maybe something like the running pony with Mr. Shelby's signature going through the middle of it? Hey anything is possible.

Maybe if I get permission, I can turn this into some sort of contest. Prixe could be something like--you get the first cap cover and an autographed diecast or something?

Whatcha think?

Bud

Love it, let's get started.

Joe

My only suggestion is that the GT on the back be different than a stock GT. They have the California Special GT, it has a special cap. Why not something different for the Shelby. Leave the GT but just make it look like the GT in the fender stripe. Power by Ford would be okay but it should have Shelby mixed in there.

I agree.

Joe

Love it, let's get started.

Joe

I agree.

Joe

wow do I have some pics of gascaps for you all to see !

I can't get them loaded into this hotel computer, but when I get home tomorrow...I will post them.

They are amazing.

See you tomorrow afternoon !

Ralph has had a ball...got some cool pics at Daytona......might take him swimming tomorrow :D :P

I can't get them loaded into this hotel computer, but when I get home tomorrow...I will post them.

They are amazing.

Your killin me :P :P :P :P

Your killin me :P :P :P :P

Bud once we have a design agreed on (hopefully the c/s option) is it posible to do a run for the steering wheel and the wheels,i dont want to put more on your plate ....im wondering if this is possible just a thoughtt

Bud once we have a design agreed on (hopefully the c/s option) is it posible to do a run for the steering wheel and the wheels,i dont want to put more on your plate ....im wondering if this is possible just a thoughtt

The steering wheel and the side of the dash is not an option becasue of the aibags. No idea on the wheels. That could be a future project. But its not in cards at the moment.

Bud

They are amazing.

See you tomorrow afternoon !

Ralph has had a ball...got some cool pics at Daytona......might take him swimming tomorrow :D :P

I'll let the cat out of the bag......it's nuttin more than a super-imposed compact mirror. Susie thinks it's the greatest thang since sliced bread as,when she parks the car at work,she can do her girlie makeup thing in/with it,prior to hiring and firing people. She loves being able to open it to do her chit,and then close it up for later use. Freakin Gurls!!

I'll let the cat out of the bag......it's nuttin more than a super-imposed compact mirror. Susie thinks it's the greatest thang since sliced bread as,when she parks the car at work,she can do her girlie makeup thing in/with it,prior to hiring and firing people. She loves being able to open it to do her chit,and then close it up for later use. Freakin Gurls!!

:lol::lol::lol: Too much :lol::lol::lol:

ok ok..i am home. Let me get my pics loaded...and I will post them !! :D

I'm waiting....................................................................................................................................................... ;)

Archived