TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

Powered by Ford gets my vote. Nothing red please, If the cap is a redesign it doesn't have to say Ford twice. Please no cobra. Just my opinion.

i dont want to beat l a dead horse but i looked at my dash and there is a crack were the air bag explodes but could we put a badge underneath the small area without affecting the air bag or what about the plastic area underneath it just a question

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Now thats the spirit!!!!!!!!

I can't believe we are having fun again!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the ideas coming. I will try and work on some of your ideas and mine over the weekend. Hopefully I'll have some mock ups by Monday. I will then pass them by Amy and see what see thinks. I'm not to sure of the one with her picture on it. She may want to have her autograph through the middle of it too LOL

GREAT job guys and gals!!!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!!!!!

Bud.

ps stay tuned for some "sneak" peaks of some diecast!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres some good ideas out there but i think we need to come up with a few more, I think we are on the verge of the "Thats It" cap. Lets keep the juices flowing and collectivly i think were going to hit the jack pot!

But then again, My wife just said that i have my head up my......Well, thats another story and believe me im headed in the other room to, well, i dont know yet but, rest assured im going to come up with something and i say "Thats It" and it will all be good, that is unless she does not think so then the whole process will start over and well , you know...... :)

Is it Friday yet?

1 more day!

1 more day!

1 more day!

Theres some good ideas out there but i think we need to come up with a few more, I think we are on the verge of the "Thats It" cap. Lets keep the juices flowing and collectivly i think were going to hit the jack pot!

But then again, My wife just said that i have my head up my......Well, thats another story and believe me im headed in the other room to, well, i dont know yet but, rest assured im going to come up with something and i say "Thats It" and it will all be good, that is unless she does not think so then the whole process will start over and well , you know...... :)

Is it Friday yet?

1 more day!

1 more day!

1 more day!

i like CSM for a gas cap for carroll shelby motors

Hi all!!!!!!1

Ok, here's a quick one. Whatcha think?

th_shelbycap.jpg

Its just an idea :D

Bud

Hmmm, no sig, no face but just the black hat. Mr. Shelby's unofficial (?) trademark. That might be pretty cool....

Of course I'm from Texas. The more northern folk might not go along with that.... :D

Hmmm, no sig, no face but just the black hat. Mr. Shelby's unofficial (?) trademark. That might be pretty cool....

Of course I'm from Texas. The more northern folk might not go along with that.... :D

Not bad, Not bad,

I just got to thinking and what about something that ties S.A.I. into the picture a little differently? I think they deserve a little identification as a group maybe instead of Mr. Shelbys name since we have it on the stripes on the sides? I know the name SHELBY represents the entity as a whole but, this would take a little further as far as people within the Company. if you know what i mean....... That way when i look at my Shelby, im thinking Yeah! Thats my Shelby, but when i look at the cap, Im thinking,

Thanks Bud, Thanks John, Thanks Amy, Thanks S.A.I. craftmans and employee's for building my car the way i and others like it!

What about this?

S.A.I.

in the center of the cap with the appropriate trim ect...?

Just a thought..........................

OK, on the theme of brainstorming and I know this would probably be cost prohibitive but how about custom inserts of your CSM number. Just the serial number part, ie. 22, 187, 2409.

....how about just the running horse on a black background. No tribar & no lettering.

OK, on the theme of brainstorming and I know this would probably be cost prohibitive but how about custom inserts of your CSM number. Just the serial number part, ie. 22, 187, 2409.

oooooooooooo I kinda like that :D

Also...how bout chrome....black around the outside......and CS signature alone in black in the middle...no picture of him lol

P.S. Thanks Bud for including the "gals" haha :P

....how about just the running horse on a black background. No tribar & no lettering.

I like the CSM number idea....

What about,

S.A.I. Same size as the GT logo

w/ a smaller overlay in the center of you CSM number?

Here you go. It has been done on the "Bullitt" Mustangs. They have had the serial number of the the run made into the shift knob. This is pretty cool. Take that same idea and run with it. Use it for the gas cap insert, shift knob and horn button if you wanted to. Here's a photo. The Green ball to represent the Dark Highland Green Metallic color of the original Bullitt.

I can remember back in the day…

When I first learned of the SGT (late January 2007), I immediately knew I wanted to order the black one. Then, just days later, I already started with wanting to change things such as the black wheels to polished or chrome wheels, the SGT fascia to the GT500 or the CS6 fascia,, the SGT wheels to the GT500 wheels, the SGT steering wheel to the GT500 one; you get the picture. When I finally ordered my SGT mid-February, I added a set of polished wheels (like on the white SGT) and later the GT500 steering wheel to be supplied and installed by the dealer when my car arrived so they would be considered "dealer installed options." And, I even asked if I could get the fascia changed, to no avail.

Along the way, I would read all kinds of discussions about changing this, changing that, not changing anything and so forth. One thing I kept hearing consistently from John was to not change the car or what the original designers set out to do (ie, trust their expertise). I assume that this partly meant Carroll's opinions and design advice. I had also heard arguments that perhaps some of the design was just "thrown together" such as using California Special parts, FR parts and so on.

Naturally, hearing all of these opinions has helped form my opinion. Slowly I started liking the black SGT wheels that come with the black car, then the fascia (well, I had help), then the scoop, then the "no spoiler," and the steering wheel. Then I started liking the black Razors, brakes, ducts, lower grille, gauge pod, and the super charger and all the other accessories that are designed or offered only by SAI and only for the SGT (for the most part).

So although I got caught up earlier with liking the different choices discussed for the faux cap, the bottom line is that I like the car just the way it is. If we do end up changing the faux gas cap, I am with the person that recommended the tri-colored riding pony to be consistent with the front grille, the center caps and the horn button. I also agree with Matt's comments about too many "brands." If we stay consistent with the riding pony, I think that will look good.

I like the thought of having SAI represented, but again too many brands. I suppose that we could have it look like the California Special cap but have it read Shelby GT where it reads California Special, and I suppose we could go with the CS as that would match the interior badges, but to me, I either like the consistent riding pony, or just have it read GT like it already does (because the big Shelby letters above it allow you to read it as "Shelby GT."

I think having the CSM wouldn't work as I am sure that is too much labor for individual parts.

Just my humble opinion

(But then again, I see that Bud is looking at this topic right now so he may post something after mine that could change everything. LOL)

Ok............I'm still liking the Black Hat thing.............how about with the signature added? Just another idea.

All these opinions....this is great ! IMO..everyone is right lol......all good ideas...some personally I wouldn't like...but all good ideas.

Whatever they come up with ...no one would have to change it.

Whatever they do come up with.....must be classy......as this is one classy car !

All these opinions....this is great ! IMO..everyone is right lol......all good ideas...some personally I wouldn't like...but all good ideas.

Whatever they come up with ...no one would have to change it.

Whatever they do come up with.....must be classy......as this is one classy car !

i like the idea of the csm number going the long way up and down the cap and around the out side ring saying carroll shelby motors this would be like u-shape going around the ring

Great post Adam. I for one wont be changing mine. I dont mind what is on there first of all and I want to keep mine as was designed by SAI. I have mentioned many times my love of the Shelby started when I was young. My uncle has a 66 GT350 he bought new. He still has it and is almost done restoring it after it has sat in his garage since 1970! Yea I know we have been riding him for almost 30 years to get her out. Anyway, the car was wimbledont white with blue stripes with a 289. Well my uncle being younger when he bought it and a car guy modded it. Back then it wasnt what it is today in terms of the recognition of Shelby. So I dont know if he would have modded it today. He had the car painted a dark green with white stripes. His school colors. he had been in an accident racing her on the street so when he had it repaied he did the change. He also swapped the 289 for a 302 at very low miles. Something like 3000. Fast forward 27 plus years and she is now back to her original colors and motor. Yes I am sure value of the car being original played a part but more so he wanted it to be what it was when she came out of Shelby's plant. What they had designed it to be originally. And that is what she will be again soon. He has gotten older and appreciates what went into designing it. For me the only mods I see myself doing are the lower grill....sitting on my desk right now actually....the driving lights, and hopefully a s/c SAI installed once the East Coast facility is on line. These are things that would have beendone to begin with at the factory if my original dealer hadnt played the price switch game. I want her as she was designed to be by Carrol and SAI. I could have saved alot of $$ and done thse mods myself but then whey buy a Shelby? I wanted to own a lifelong dream and a piece of history is why. Who cares what she will be worth 30 years from now. I want the happiness and enjoyment this car has brought me just as it is from the factory. :)

Webba, I agree and somewhat disagree.

The originality factor is and will always be key when I am dead and gone and someone else has my car at Barrett Jackson. I too remember walking Tasca Ford's parking lot in 63 - 70. Lightweight Galixie's, Thunderbolts, Cobra's, GT 350 and 500's Hertz cars. But my love was the Green 427 Cobra on the floor at $6995!

I too am living a childhood dream. This car means something very special to me. The ability, at this time im my life, to be able to make it all happen if a lifelong fulfillment.

My grandfather had assumed my father's duties. Dad was working 3 jobs to support 7 people. Sixth grade education and heart bigger than the sun. Always taken advantage of due to his big heart, he struggled to keep all of us in cloths and food on the table.

Grandpa bought new cars every 2 years. Sunday mornings we would go to church then his favorite restaurant for breakfast then the rest of the morning we would walk car lots.

If I just had some of the cars now that I would lift hoods on back in the day! Hemi Cuda's and Challenger's, Tri-power GTO's, L-88 Chevelles and oh boy.....those big block Ford's.

Off track here, but I have NO objection to a special designation as on the 65-66 GT 350's. IE: the horn button and rear gas cap. That, along with the Lemans Stripes and Side Stripe designation along with the hood made that car an instant icon.

So whatever happens with this rear cap, horn button is fine by me. The creative juices are cool to see and hear on this board.

I chose the wrong profession 38 years ago. I should have been in the specialty car business. That has and always be my passion. Not that I have done badly over the years. But to Amy and her team, I applaud all of you for making that childhood dream finally come true.

Carry on!

I am all for a contest for a design :D

Where do I sign up!

wait a minute. no professionals! we're going to have to grade on a curve.

(Now to sneak over to the machine shop and have them cut out a piece on the laser or wire cutter, nobody will ever know. hee-hee!) :ph34r:

Adam and Webba,

Well stated but what is nice at this point is that it is an aftermarket option. They are not going to send out 6000 caps as replacements. It is each individuals owners choice to change or not. I asked for changing the cap a long time ago. It is one of the things that does look like got left out of the design process. Remember that the Shelby GT went from idea to thought in 100 days. That is unheard of so it is reasonable to think somethings may have been missed in design or just purposefully left off because of time and material constraints.

Ok, here's a quick one. Whatcha think?

th_shelbycap.jpg

Bud

Bud, I like this design. Removal of the FORD letters would enhance its appearance. This design appeals to me as a Shelby Dodge enthusiast because it was used during that time period.

A plain black hat does not say Shelby for me. I always think of Smoky Yunnick when I see that symbol.

robin

Archived