TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

Ok, I copied this from my other post.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Its cool. No offense taken on anything. Thats why I said it was just an idea. As for the cobra, that was used for the CS6/CS8's.

Maybe something like the running pony with Mr. Shelby's signature going through the middle of it? Hey anything is possible.

Maybe if I get permission, I can turn this into some sort of contest. Prixe could be something like--you get the first cap cover and an autographed diecast or something?

Whatcha think?

Bud

Bud, I love the idea even better than above.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't care for the blue logo. What do you think of a silver logo with Carroll's signature through it? It may be a little crowded but it could be cleaned up.

post-1973-1143227734_thumb.jpg

How about this suggestion?

rear-gas-cap.jpg

:unsure:

Amy I have nothing but respect for you....but I can't do this....I don't know how I would explain it to my wife.

How about this suggestion?

rear-gas-cap.jpg

:unsure:

no dont put my girlfriend on the back, some one will rear end me lol

Mark, you're a S.A. :D :lol:

Bud, how about this one?

that to me looks like the 6 popper mustang cap sorry my opinion

Hi all!!!

I posted this same response on another thread---what do you think?

Still working on a rear gas cap logo.

Q? this is JUST an idea for the rear cap---remember--JUST AN IDEA :D What if I designed a Powered By Ford rear cap to match the side badges? Would you guys go for something like that? I do not believe I could do anything like a snake logo.

Just a thought guys.

Bud

YEAH! GREAT JOB!

I think you have found the perfect idea.

I think just silver on black would be cool... And count me as a firm "no snakes on my car" guy. ;)

Second choice? The CS logo all alone, in silver on black.

Bill me, Bud. Don't care what it costs!

Jer

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Its cool. No offense taken on anything. Thats why I said it was just an idea. As for the cobra, that was used for the CS6/CS8's.

Maybe something like the running pony with Mr. Shelby's signature going through the middle of it? Hey anything is possible.

Maybe if I get permission, I can turn this into some sort of contest. Prixe could be something like--you get the first cap cover and an autographed diecast or something?

Whatcha think?

Bud

Great idea Bud except the winner gets to take a test run in the new GT350 you guys wont admit to be working on with Carrol and Amy!! ;)

Bud, I like the Silver CS on black that has been suggested.

My other suggestion is take the more modern Cobra that is on the engine dress up kit and replace the Shelby (it is already on the trunk) with GT. I think this is acceptable since it is not the Tiffany Cobra and the new Cobra is a symbol of SAI not a car. I can't find a good color picture of one to mock up.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Whatcha think?

Bud

WOW!! Now that's would be terrific!

Bud,

I was just researching the Carroll Shelby Licensing Brands and intellectual properties page and really believe we can achieve the element of understated distinction without additional time, tooling or manufacturing costs involved. The logo of one of the most powerful brands in racing and performance should be considered here. People would like something specific to the car. Understandable. I would also. But keeping the brand usage consistant is also critical to a brands identity. Too many variations, too much clutter causes confusion. Looking at the site, there are many logo's already in play. Is adding another is really needed?

While it would be cool to have, we need you completing the cars out there. :)

Reviewing this thread it seems most the the suggestions here evolve around the CS logo. The logo is there. No need to create anything. Just determine the background and CS colors. That would be a subtle but powerful statement for anyone who knowledge of the brand. I would utilize what I had and determine details. The black with the silver CS logo is really all that is needed. The impact of It would also distinguish the GT from the other current uses of the nameplate on a modern day production car. Just another suggestion. And not worth more than .02 :)

My only suggestion is that the GT on the back be different than a stock GT. They have the California Special GT, it has a special cap. Why not something different for the Shelby. Leave the GT but just make it look like the GT in the fender stripe. Power by Ford would be okay but it should have Shelby mixed in there.

Bud,

I was just researching the Carroll Shelby Licensing Brands and intellectual properties and really believe we can achieve the element of understated distinction without additional time, tooling or manufacturing costs involved. The logo of one of the most powerful brands in racing and performance should be considered here. People would like something specific to the car. Understandable. I would also. But keeping the brand usage consistant is also critical to a brands identity. Too many variations, too much clutter causes confusion. Looking at the site, there are many logo's already in play. Is adding another is really needed?

While it would be cool to have, we need you completing the cars out there. :)

Reviewing this thread it seems most the the suggestions here evolve around the CS logo. The logo is there. No need to create anything. Just determine the background and CS colors. That would be a subtle but powerful statement for anyone who knowledge of the brand. I would utilize what I had and determine details. The black with the silver CS logo is really all that is needed. The impact of It would also distinguish the GT from the other current uses of the nameplate on a modern day production car. Just another suggestion. And not worth more than .02 :)

+1

My only suggestion is that the GT on the back be different than a stock GT. They have the California Special GT, it has a special cap. Why not something different for the Shelby. Leave the GT but just make it look like the GT in the fender stripe. Power by Ford would be okay but it should have Shelby mixed in there.

I still don't think we need anymore "Shelby" on the back where there already is a nice big S H E L B Y staring you in the face. Please no cobras, no logos that make no sense to anyone else but us, I'm cool with "Powered By", I'm cool with the logo on the Shelby floor mats that has the traditional ribbon look (silver) and Carol's signature, I would have been fine with the old pony emblem as on the GT-H. I'm not sure we're so much wanting something specific but rather all have a dislike for the standard GT cap. IMHO!

I still don't think we need anymore "Shelby" on the back where there already is a nice big S H E L B Y staring you in the face. Please no cobras, no logos that make no sense to anyone else but us, I'm cool with "Powered By", I'm cool with the logo on the Shelby floor mats that has the traditional ribbon look (silver) and Carol's signature, I would have been fine with the old pony emblem as on the GT-H. I'm not sure we're so much wanting something specific but rather all have a dislike for the standard GT cap. IMHO!

i really dont want a pony on there ,that looks like a v6 mustang i think a c/s black and silver would be great or a carroll shelby signiture and how come we cant have a cobra on the back?

i really dont want a pony on there ,that looks like a v6 mustang i think a c/s black and silver would be great or a carroll shelby signiture and how come we cant have a cobra on the back?

I'd like to keep the branding down to minimum and keep the car visually clean as possible. Before you know it we'd have Ford, Mustang, Shelby, Cobra, Shelby GT, Powered By Ford, CS logos, etc..etc...

You may disagree, and that's fine, but there is no "Cobra" branding anywhere else nor in any Ford or SAI materials for this car. To add it now as an afterthought I think would be a mistake. You either do it or you don't. You shouldn't, in my opinion, dip your toe in the water. Of course I might be overly negative on this given I have NEVER understood the attraction of the Cobra logo on a MUSTANG. What do snakes and horses have to do with each other? Mustang Cobra? :blink: Just not getting it. Yes, I know the history, and I love the cars and heritage etc., but I never really understood the need in the 60's to take the AC Cobra name and slap it on a Mustang.

Oh well...maybe it's just me!

Again, just my opinion... :unsure:

Here is problem that I see with Powered by Ford. The cap already has Ford stamped around the edge. There would be ford on there twice. The CS is a good idea. What ever goes on the back maybe it could replace the gille emblem also?????

My concern with the CS is the fact the "California Special Edition" already has a CS gas cap. Is that a concern to you as well?

Too many cooks in the kitchen...I like your idea; hope you guys can pull something off.

I was on the Walden Performance website, they sell a complete CS6 kit, and I was browsing through the photos and I found something interesting. The rear gas cap on his car is not the regular CS6 one, but a silver CS symbol! (http://www.waldenperformance.com/FILENAME.html) I e-mailed them for more info.

That's cool too, and already available. Seems to me time to market would be much faster. It would also work well on white, black or blue...

........OK, how about the tri-bar pony emblem to match the grill and wheel center caps centered between GT......G(pony)T.

The Californis Special has a decal on the side that has GT/SC but the cap on the back has Californis Special wrote out with GT.

....LOL, I hope it actually says "GT/CS" :P

What-ever SAI Bud,JW,Doug etc. comes up with, put me on the order list!!!!

I think the idea of a contest would be fun !

Ross..pass on the one with red :P

I personally would like shelby in the middle of the cap (ducking from matt throwing things at me :unsure: )

I would def get rid of the GT one.

ok..gotta go make sure Ralph is ready for stangfest...bbl

im almost finished with the new gas cap for you guys. its a big picture of me and im making 6k of them. i have talked to Bud and he thinks my picture on the back would make the price of these cars go thru the roof.

by adding my gas cap to these cars will be the greatest MOD anyone can do for there car. please get your credit cards ready and call 1-800-FAT-MIKE to get your gas cap for 3 easy payment of 19.95 and if you act now and are one of the first 500 callers you will get a special gift. the first 500 callers will get a walmart bag that they can use anyway they want.

call now dont be left out :D

michael

im almost finished with the new gas cap for you guys. its a big picture of me and im making 6k of them. i have talked to Bud and he thinks my picture on the back would make the price of these cars go thru the roof.

by adding my gas cap to these cars will be the greatest MOD anyone can do for there car. please get your credit cards ready and call 1-800-FAT-MIKE to get your gas cap for 3 easy payment of 19.95 and if you act now and are one of the first 500 callers you will get a special gift. the first 500 callers will get a walmart bag that they can use anyway they want.

call now dont be left out :D

michael

Michael's bored today.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived