TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

Thank you... it would have been a lot harder without the forums - I had a lot of homework to do (and STILL do!). My previous car was an RX8, and the RX8 Club was the same way. Very supportive, and full of info.

Now I'm shopping for the other stuff - receiving piles of boxes every day, with all the accessories I needed to RE-buy! Cell phone clip, license plate frames, 3/4 window louvers, TripTunes Advanced, (and hopefully I'll soon receive my silver-striped Shelby mats... can't wait to see them in the car).

Funny, I was shopping two weeks ago, and since then, it seems to me at least, the market for these cars has changed dramatically. Now I see plenty of MSRP-and-below deals to be had. I ended up around $1100 off sticker, thank God (thank YOU, actually!) that I didn't just snap up the first one I saw... because I sure WANTED to!

BTW, still no calls from the other three dealers that have my number.

I just want to get a chance to blow THEM off!

Jer

Back to topic AMY ,BUD, any word on doing a new gas cap decal

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!!!!!!!!

There have been a few good ideas thrown around here. And no, I have not forgotton about this thread. What we do have now only comes with the CS6 or CS8 package. After talking with Amy, I will work with Rich and John and we will try to make a new type of faux gas cap logo. Maybe in the next few days we will have something cool to put back there for ya!!!!!! :ph34r:

Bud

Hi all!!!!!!!!

There have been a few good ideas thrown around here. And no, I have not forgotton about this thread. What we do have now only comes with the CS6 or CS8 package. After talking with Amy, I will work with Rich and John and we will try to make a new type of faux gas cap logo. Maybe in the next few days we will have something cool to put back there for ya!!!!!! :ph34r:

Bud

Thanks for the reply Bud...........something is up your sleeve.....don't forget we need to match the steering wheel medallion with the rear :D :D :D

Now if my CSM # is 5999 I'll have all the cool stuff. + my mods. :lol::lol:

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Bud

Thanks Bud

The CS would be nice but here is what would look cool!

That is pefect. I do like the Cobra emblem too. Others have said NO cobra but i like this design.

Here is what I was thinking.....anyone else? Thoughts.......

Too broad of a statement, in my opinon. The SGT needs something to signify the actual Shelby GT not just a CS initial. My thoughts of course.

......How about the modern interpertation of the Tiffany Cobra. If they are going to use the Cobra, which I doubt, I like this one for the Shelby GT. Maybe change or delete the lettering since the trunk says Shelby.

sai.jpg

Sorry it isn't color this was the best picture I could find online. The Cobra is usually red and the lettering blue. This design is on the engine dreess up kit. The picture is from the armrest cover. I'll try to take a good picture of one engine caps when I get home.

......How about the modern interpertation of the Tiffany Cobra. If they are going to use the Cobra, which I doubt, I like this one for the Shelby GT. Maybe change or delete the lettering since the trunk says Shelby.

sai.jpg

Sorry it isn't color this was the best picture I could find online. The Cobra is usually red and the lettering blue. This design is on the engine dreess up kit. The picture is from the armrest cover. I'll try to take a good picture of one engine caps when I get home.

I'd have to agree with socal on this one. This is the design that is on the billet fluid caps that SAI sells, so why not this logo on the faux gas cap with the letters GT scripted in there somewhere?

Dave

I'd have to agree with socal on this one. This is the design that is on the billet fluid caps that SAI sells, so why not this logo on the faux gas cap with the letters GT scripted in there somewhere?

Dave

Ilike the fabricator thats is perfect

......a long time ago Amy posted that the Cobra symbols were left off of this car on purpose to keep the Shelby GT and the GT500 separate. We have had several discussions about to add or not add Cobras on the Shelyb GT. In the end each car is each owners choice but I doubt we will see anything come from SAI specifically for the Shelby GT with a Cobra on it. At least not the traditional Tiffany Cobra.

How about going old school, photo shop guys help me out:

gt350.jpg

I prefer the modern interpertation.

.....lol, see this is why it might be too late for the gas cap. Too many different ideas of what would be perfect. Some percentage of people is not going to like whatever Bud comes up with and then we will have more comments like last week.

....then again these will be post production pieces. So, there will always be the option of not installing it.

....then again these will be post production pieces. So, there will always be the option of not installing it.

Exactly.......... :lol: But I was thinking of the GT 350 rear gas cap and the new wheel logo and a mix would be pretty interestitng. Missing the blue on the new wheel logo. Maybe incorporate the "new wave" snake logo from the console lid cover and intergrate the red white and blue. Now I think we're on to something.

This could go on for some time. But it helps me pass the time. And is getting a little interesting also. Just a little brain storming session. Hey don't knock it, at least it's not on a bar napkin! :)

Hi all!!!

I posted this same response on another thread---what do you think?

Still working on a rear gas cap logo.

Q? this is JUST an idea for the rear cap---remember--JUST AN IDEA :D What if I designed a Powered By Ford rear cap to match the side badges? Would you guys go for something like that? I do not believe I could do anything like a snake logo.

Just a thought guys.

Bud

Here is what I was thinking.....anyone else? Thoughts.......

Sign me up for one Ross!

Thanks for the info bud !!!

I can't wait for this new "catalog" . My bday is coming soon...and that will be an easy out for my hubby ;)

Hi all!!!

Q? this is JUST an idea for the rear cap---remember--JUST AN IDEA :D What if I designed a Powered By Ford rear cap to match the side badges? Would you guys go for something like that? I do not believe I could do anything like a snake logo.

Just a thought guys.

Bud

Hey Bud,

I like the idea, can you mock one up for us? It's hard for me to visualize since the badges are rectangular and the badge is circular what it would look like. Dave

Hi all!!!

Just a thought guys.

Bud

Bud, that's an idea. But how would you set the background? I would assume you would have the standard ring around the lock. The center would be a black background and the "PBF" badge would be centered? Interesting idea.

Boy I wish I had some photoshop skills. I like to see what that would look like. Anyone out there want to tackle this?

Hi all!!!

Just a thought guys.

Bud

Sorry, Bud I don't like that idea....I would pass.

Sign me up for one Ross!

Thanks for the info bud !!!

I can't wait for this new "catalog" . My bday is coming soon...and that will be an easy out for my hubby ;)

Sdear,

Did you see the one with the white background and the Red CS logo? That would look real good on either the black or white car. The red would just pop out. But that and .02 can't buy a darn thing. :P

Hi all!!!

Just a thought guys.

Bud

Bud, I love the idea. I would absolutely buy one. Sign me up for the first one. Or if you make a prototype and no one else likes it, then I'll take it for my car.

While you were posting your post, I was busy making this prototype. After I did it I realized I should have done it in silver stripes. Plus, although it looks offset, it is really lines up so I guess an expert would need to make a better one.

Ok, I copied this from my other post.

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Its cool. No offense taken on anything. Thats why I said it was just an idea. As for the cobra, that was used for the CS6/CS8's.

Maybe something like the running pony with Mr. Shelby's signature going through the middle of it? Hey anything is possible.

Maybe if I get permission, I can turn this into some sort of contest. Prixe could be something like--you get the first cap cover and an autographed diecast or something?

Whatcha think?

Bud

Archived