TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

THESE WERE AWESOME IN REAL LIFE...keep in mind my hands won't be in the chrome like you see in these pics hahaha.

For our supercharged friends :

2407335670092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2672238470092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

For us less fortunate non supercharged people :)

2423082360092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2506341650092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

More shots :

2202542040092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2497978760092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2219995500092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

2094646930092274605S500x500Q85.jpg

These were nicely made...by an authorized Shelby dealer. I have one coming next week.

Awesome, great job...put me on the list for one.

Joe

Will post more pics of the show later.

Sue

And I have to tell you...I about died when I saw this. The Shelby dealer that was there must have thought I lost my mind. Ask RJ....I could hardly contain myself.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it may not make some happy, but I like this design, it is unique, think it blends well into the theme, know it is NOT SGT specific and I will be ordering one and installing when I receive my car. I think it should have been a unversial logo and used on anything currently out of SAI in the SGT/C8/C6 line. Only thing missing, a horn button to match.

I know it may not make some happy, but I like this design, it is unique, think it blends well into the theme, know it is NOT SGT specific and I will be ordering one and installing when I receive my car. I think it should have been a unversial logo and used on anything currently out of SAI in the SGT/C8/C6 line. Only thing missing, a horn button to match.

+1

Ditto.

Hey, now.

What he said.

Jer

• 3 months later...

But it already says 'Shelby' in the back. The CS logo means nothing to anyone but us...sad but true...and it reminds me too much of the CS California Special edition.

IMHO!!!!

how about a "SGT" cap ??

or for Bob's car a "BSGT"

or best yet "SGTBS"....SGT with BAD STRIPES

Someone...anyone....PLEASE give these guys a new gas cap!!!!

I talked with John last week and he said it was something that they were working on. I forget his exact words but it led me to believe it would be sooner rather than later. Of course, "soon" has a slightly different meaning at SAI that elsewhere but that is because they are putting their energy into building cars first. I can live with that for the next few months. :D Jim

I talked with John last week and he said it was something that they were working on. I forget his exact words but it led me to believe it would be sooner rather than later. Of course, "soon" has a slightly different meaning at SAI that elsewhere but that is because they are putting their energy into building cars first. I can live with that for the next few months. :D Jim

Concur with the option to buy something to set our cars apart from "Just a Mustang". Those that do not want it, very simply, don't buy it. For the rest of us I like the CS emblem but might suggest even something different. How about SAI . I believe the Shelby GT was the first vehicle to be produced by SAI. Is that correct? It would be unique to the SGT as the GT 500 is not produced by Shelby. For those that wish to comment on the CS or Shelby emblem or SAI please do so and lets forward to John and Amy. For those that do not wish to purchase please keep your opinions to yourself as they do not matter if you will not purchase. Lets keep this thread for those that will purchase only!

I'm in B)

Now that we have positive comments lets look at some of the suggestions. I have reviewed all 15 patges of the thread. We have suggestions of

the CS Emblem from dmag57

the pony emblem from Matt Chicago

the SGT from rossgt

the SAI from 07SGT

whom suggested these is not important. The important thing is that we get the information to John, Amy, etc that a niche is out there and can be fulfilled (read sold) by SAI. So the rest of this thread is for those willing to vote on one of the above or another suggestion AND WOULD BE WILLING TO PURCHASE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. So if you are not going to purchase please do not prevent those that are trying to do something constructive. So let the voting and comments begin. Thank you.

Now that we have positive comments lets look at some of the suggestions. I have reviewed all 15 patges of the thread. We have suggestions of

the SGT from rossgt

the SAI from 07SGT

whom suggested these is not important. The important thing is that we get the information to John, Amy, etc that a niche is out there and can be fulfilled (read sold) by SAI. So the rest of this thread is for those willing to vote on one of the above or another suggestion AND WOULD BE WILLING TO PURCHASE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. So if you are not going to purchase please do not prevent those that are trying to do something constructive. So let the voting and comments begin. Thank you.

I like the SGT Idea , the pony emblem to me is more of a Ford thing .

the SGT from rossgt

the SAI from 07SGT

Don't forget! I also voted for a copy of the floor matt logo (ribbon/signature)!

I have always offered this logo for the cap but replace the "SHELBY" with "GT." The the rear of the car would read Shelby GT the same as it does now but would also have a trademarked Shelby emblem in it. Before the anti-cobra guys go militant on me, this is one of the current Shelby logos as opposed to the Tiffany Cobra. I would also like to see Shelby and American Racing do these caps for the GT40 and Razor wheels.

cap.jpg

Personally, I don't like "SGT." I read sergeant every time I see. I would even be happt if they did a vertical "GT" much like the "GT" caps of the 60's. As I have said many times, The Shelby GT is the ONLY special edition Mustang that doesn't do something different with the cap. I was surprised SAI didn't do something on the '08s.

I have always offered this logo for the cap but replace the "SHELBY" with "GT." The the rear of the car would read Shelby GT the same as it does now but would also have a trademarked Shelby emblem in it. Before the anti-cobra guys go militant on me, this is one of the current Shelby logos as opposed to the Tiffany Cobra. I would also like to see Shelby and American Racing do these caps for the GT40 and Razor wheels.

cap.jpg

Personally, I don't like "SGT." I read sergeant every time I see. I would even be happt if they did a vertical "GT" much like the "GT" caps of the 60's. As I have said many times, The Shelby GT is the ONLY special edition Mustang that doesn't do something different with the cap. I was surprised SAI didn't do something on the '08s.

If I missed the floor mat signature out of the 15 pages, Mea Culpa. As far as teh Cobra emblem it is different but we do not own Cobras. Just like the GT 350 was not a Cobra. However, if SAI wants to make it fine. John, Amy, are you listening? We finally have a positive thread and are not fighting. We just want to distinguish our vehicles from the regular Mustang and we want to identify with Shelby Automobiles Inc. We have several requests for the faux gas cap, please see a few replies above this one.

Thank you 07SGT

If I missed the floor mat signature out of the 15 pages, Mea Culpa. As far as teh Cobra emblem it is different but we do not own Cobras. Just like the GT 350 was not a Cobra. However, if SAI wants to make it fine. John, Amy, are you listening? We finally have a positive thread and are not fighting. We just want to distinguish our vehicles from the regular Mustang and we want to identify with Shelby Automobiles Inc. We have several requests for the faux gas cap, please see a few replies above this one.

Thank you 07SGT

If no one has any objections I am going to try and start a new thread on this issue with Amy and John. It will be titled the C/S emblem on the gas cap. I think once a thread gets to 15 pages even SAI loses interest.

Thank you 07SGT

Didn't read all of the pages,But if they make one that says Shelby GT,Like the custom centercaps that Shelby Performance Parts offers,I'm in at a reasonable price no doubt!If you have not seen the center cap,Go to their site and check it out,It would be perfect IMO.

... Just like the GT 350 was not a Cobra...Thank you 07SGT

The 1966-1970 GT-350s did have Cobras on them. The Cobra is a Shelby symbol. Look at the Shelby version of the Razor Wheels. Wheel caps have Tiffany Cobra.

Doesn't really matter, as AmyB already said the SGT won't have Cobras on it.

...I agree Amy has said that. However, why does Shelbyperformanceparts.com sell two versions of theses hubcaps specifically for the Shelby GT and GT-H.

hubcap.jpg

That's the cool one!

That's the cool one!I agree that to make it exactly like that with Shelby,Instead of GT,Would be redundant,But it would match up with the centercaps if it had to be that way.

Guys, this is a snake logo we designed, no tiffany snake (gt500) no vintage cobra snake.

amy

Archived