TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY,JOHN,BUD ANY WORD ON C/S EMBLEM ON THE GAS CAP

dmagner1

ANY WORD ON THE GAS CAP EMBLEM WITH C/S ON IN IT , I WOULD LOVE TO GET THE GT OFF THE BACK

AND A FINAL NOTE, THE EHAUST SOUND IS UNBELIEVABLE I DON'T KNOW WHAT EXHUST IS ON IT BUT I HAVE A HARD TIME FROM KEEPING MY FOOT DOWN ON THE GAS AND OFF THE FLOOR BOARD

THANKS AGAIN FOR PUTTING A LITTLE HISTORY BACK TO US

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+3 here

Do we get to vote? Great, count my vote in...+4 I love the SGT near perfect looks but this was the one visual clue I thought was really missing from a very special car. Every other special edition seems to have an unique rear emblem...even the GT/CS that the SGT takes some of it's visual clues from. As much as I would like it, I'm guessing it is very unlikely. If SAI were to do it...all the cars should have them. With so many cars floating around now it would be difficult make sure all the cars would be updated. But if we going to dream could we get a matching emblem on the steering wheel as well?

+1 on the matching steering wheel emblem also! Although, it does match the emblem on the front billet grille...

GUYS THE CARS ARE IN THE REGISTRY,SAI COULD SEND THEM OUT THAT WAY, AND EVEN THEN,I WOULD PAY FOR IT JUST TO GET IT ...THE STEERING WHEEL IS A GOOD COMMENT THAT WOULD LOOK NICE TOO

SAI ANY COMMENTS ??????????????????????????

GUYS THE CARS ARE IN THE REGISTRY,SAI COULD SEND THEM OUT THAT WAY, AND EVEN THEN,I WOULD PAY FOR IT JUST TO GET IT ...THE STEERING WHEEL IS A GOOD COMMENT THAT WOULD LOOK NICE TOO

SAI ANY COMMENTS ??????????????????????????

Sign me up for one, too...

I don't need it to be free, that's unreasonable, IMHO.

But I DO want one!

Jer

.....but the pony is on the V6 isn't it. The point is that the Shelby GT is the only special edition Mustang that doesn't have an unique cap. I would pay a reasonable price but I don't really care anymore that I have my car. I think the S H E L B Y on the trunk says a bunch more.

.....but the pony is on the V6 isn't it. The point is that the Shelby GT is the only special edition Mustang that doesn't have an unique cap. I would pay a reasonable price but I don't really care anymore that I have my car. I think the S H E L B Y on the trunk says a bunch more.

Awwwww....I see what you're saying...a 'special' cap. Ok...I can see that...though honestly not sure what ti would be. hey! How about the Pony emblem with a silver area at the bottom of the ribbon with SGT or something? It's historical yet a nod to the car.

How about this!

....this is becoming another one of those topics that just keeps going around and around. I think all we need is "SAI-somebody" to say it is happening or not.

An additional thought. Did you know the CS6/8 package comes with a replacement cap. No, I don't think it can be purchased separately.

....this is becoming another one of those topics that just keeps going around and around. I think all we need is "SAI-somebody" to say it is happening or not.

An additional thought. Did you know the CS6/8 package comes with a replacement cap. No, I don't think it can be purchased separately.

Most of the leading after-market vendors sell or provide a replacement cap, like Stage 3, etc., maybe one day! I think SAI has their hands full right now getting these cars out and with the GT500 40th stuff, and KR coming.

But there really should be someone focused on the ecosystem around the cars and building that side of the business as well.

While I agree with you that the topic goes round and round I hope that someone in a position to do something reads these posts. It's great market research and I think VERY valuable.

Here is what I am thinking.

Steering wheel and rear "faux" gas cap. Just as on the 65-66. Which started this revitalization. And there is the running pony on the front grille. Just as 65-66.

I think this would be an subtle but powerful addition.

TMP_9_25_05_153.jpg

Here is what I am thinking.

Steering wheel and rear "faux" gas cap. Just as on the 65-66. Which started this revitalization. And there is the running pony on the front grille. Just as 65-66.

I think this would be an subtle but powerful addition.

post-1973-1142140272_thumb.jpg

But it already says 'Shelby' in the back. The CS logo means nothing to anyone but us...sad but true...and it reminds me too much of the CS California Special edition.

IMHO!!!!

The pony and the cs shelby are good. We definitely need to get the GT off the Car. Has anyone looked into how to take the housing off to replace the cap.

I think it's just the 3M auto adhesive tape backing.

I think it's just the 3M auto adhesive tape backing.

Worst case scenario-if the GT stays and is paired with the SHELBY deck lettering in a sense, it says SHELBY GT.

I like the idea of a Shelby logo cap, though.

The only bad thing I see is that you can buy the deck letters on their site so anyone could obtain them, but if you had a one-off emblem that would not be resold at retail, it would differentiate the owners from the cloners.

That too is a true statement...just not sure it needs to say Shelby again. The rear emblem is a play off the old GT gas cap where the letters ran vertically rather than horizontally...maybe that's an option? Completes the nostalgia quotient? While not my first choice it would be different and unique.

hey Jer welcome to the boards. I just saw on the TMS forums you found and bought a SGT. Im very happy for you :)

Thank you... it would have been a lot harder without the forums - I had a lot of homework to do (and STILL do!). My previous car was an RX8, and the RX8 Club was the same way. Very supportive, and full of info.

Now I'm shopping for the other stuff - receiving piles of boxes every day, with all the accessories I needed to RE-buy! Cell phone clip, license plate frames, 3/4 window louvers, TripTunes Advanced, (and hopefully I'll soon receive my silver-striped Shelby mats... can't wait to see them in the car).

Funny, I was shopping two weeks ago, and since then, it seems to me at least, the market for these cars has changed dramatically. Now I see plenty of MSRP-and-below deals to be had. I ended up around $1100 off sticker, thank God (thank YOU, actually!) that I didn't just snap up the first one I saw... because I sure WANTED to!

BTW, still no calls from the other three dealers that have my number.

I just want to get a chance to blow THEM off!

Jer

Archived