TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best matching window scoop for the SGT

SWEDESHELBY1

I am not sure if this has been asked before but I am thinking of installing side window scoops that would enhance the look of the SGT. The problem is there are many to choose from and i do not want one that consumes the entire top panel. I also want one that will look like the SGT side scoop. Anyone have any thoughts as to what would be most appealing to put on their car - 3D Carbon looks about the best as it does not consume the entire top part of the car it also appears to match the SGT side scoop. But I still would like some opinions. Thanks- :)

I am not sure if this has been asked before but I am thinking of installing side window scoops that would enhance the look of the SGT. The problem is there are many to choose from and i do not want one that consumes the entire top panel. I also want one that will look like the SGT side scoop. Anyone have any thoughts as to what would be most appealing to put on their car - 3D Carbon looks about the best as it does not consume the entire top part of the car it also appears to match the SGT side scoop. But I still would like some opinions. Thanks- :)

Swede, check to see if SAI are going to make/sell them first - you never know.

I've been interested in them for a while and keep finding different ones every week. I am not understanding what you mean by "consumes the top panel?"

Anyway, also consider finding someone that can put them on with an alternative method other than just the double-sided 3-M tape as I heard that they can fall off at higher speeds. I learned that my dealer can put some on using some heating method but I don't know the details. Let me know if you need them and I'll look into it.

Here is a list that I've kept but there are many more in the magazines. Good luck and post pics when you get them. Love to see it.

1) http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-11136-25-0.html

2) https://www.dgcustomauto.com/displayProduct...0&categoryId=81

3) http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product...9aab837478d5adb

4) http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product...9aab837478d5adb

5) http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product...oducts_id=10025

6) https://www.shop.hms-store.com/displayProdu...7&categoryId=28

Aodwyer- First what I was talking about is the Street Scenes and Cervini scoops appear that it is too large for the body, they just dominate the upper window area and look way to large for the car. That is what I mean. I like the 3D Carbon and the SSE 3rd generation scoop from Cal Mustang. Both of those seem to compliment the Shelby scoop. I think it will be between those 2 but I will also ask Bud if SAI is coming out with some thing of their own first. I thank you for being so complete in your response it was a great post.

Swede

I've posted these before...

The new Flush-Mount vent louvers from SilverHorse Racing fit your pony perfectly, and are the ONLY ones available that are designed for an OEM flush-mount fit. We laser-scanned factory glass for a perfect seal and fit, and modeled the piece with over 500,000 data points in our design software!!

Made from dark-tinted polycarbonate (transparent plastic) to the same thickness as the OE glass, these pieces have UV inhibitors in the material for a long, trouble free life. Use of tinted polycarbonate allows for our pieces to have the most visibility from the driver's seat of any louver on the market, a prime design element. Painting after normal surface preparation is required. Removal of factory window glass is required. Installation instructions are available on our website under our "How-To" section.

pi_16141.jpeg

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/...category_id=255

I've posted these before...

The new Flush-Mount vent louvers from SilverHorse Racing fit your pony perfectly, and are the ONLY ones available that are designed for an OEM flush-mount fit. We laser-scanned factory glass for a perfect seal and fit, and modeled the piece with over 500,000 data points in our design software!!

Made from dark-tinted polycarbonate (transparent plastic) to the same thickness as the OE glass, these pieces have UV inhibitors in the material for a long, trouble free life. Use of tinted polycarbonate allows for our pieces to have the most visibility from the driver's seat of any louver on the market, a prime design element. Painting after normal surface preparation is required. Removal of factory window glass is required. Installation instructions are available on our website under our "How-To" section.

pi_16141.jpeg

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/...category_id=255

Agentfortyseven is coming out with a set of window deletes that can be painted to match and install in place of the window. www.agentfortyseven.com

you sheould check with Bud, i believe that Vince is working on a Shelby vent for the windows as well.

Amy

Amy, it's great to hear from you again. We've all missed you very very much.

Thanks for chiming in on this window scoop item. I heard over a month ago that you guys were looking into this and have been waiting very patiently to hear more publicly without mentioning it. In fact, I originally was going to have Tasca put some on for me but cancelled that to get yours.

Hopefully when I'm there this Friday, I'll get to learn more. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

Adam

Amy, Thank you! I want more dressing for my SGT and the window scoop seems to be the ticket. However I do not want to wait for 1 year to get it though, any time frame in mind? I hope very soon.

Thanks again. B)

I have all the information I need and this thread can be locked now if you wish. I also posted a New Topic for Bud @ SAI for the scoops. I hope we all are on the same page here. Thanks everybody for your input but the Shelby scoops is the ticket for us all now.

Ummmm don't know how to approach this without being confrontational and a jerk-which I really do not want to be..I'm currently in negotiation with a Calif dealer on a black Shelby GT (issue of ADM) I'm enjoying most of the posts here but several scare the heck out of me...I wish I had the computer skills to cut and paste photos..but maybe some of you have books at home or can use yahoo search.... The 07/08 GT 500 is 'designed' to represent a modern version of the 1967 & 1968 Shelby GT500..look at the front facia opening...the use of the ducktail type spoiler...yes--the hood left off the nostril scoop openings (that flaw being fixed on the 08 GT500KR) and the side scoops (SVT issue with 'clean body lines")...but the heritage ties to 67 & 68 are there.

The 07 Shelby GT has NO SUCH ties...this car is being tied to the 1966 GT350H (with the "350" left off)...yes the stripes have changed to silver as gold only goes to Hertz (and yes 1966 Hertz cars came in white with gold strips..blue and red with gold stripes also but in very limited numbers as approx 800 of the 1000 were the black and gold). Please look at a photograph of the front facia of a 1966 GT350 and then look at the front facia of the 07 Shelby GT..see the resemblence...now look at the 66 hood and the 07 hood...yeah I would have liked a hoodscoop molded into the hood on the 07 instead of the "Cobra" rivited look but costs and time issues....NOW look at the tail--notice NO WING on the '66...thus no wing on the 07...and the lower body side scoop on the 66 and the 07...getting the picture....and then the most critical factor of ALL..USED ONLY IN 1966 GT350 and COPIED by thousands of Mustang folks ever since...the FAMOUS 3/4 window instead to louvers or scoops....THAT window is critical to the look of the car and was directly copied in the 05+ Mustang design from the 1966 GT350...THAT WINDOW is the signature item of a 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang..AND YOU GUYS WANT TO GET RID OF IT...What are you thinking????

Again, the 2007 Shelby GT takes it's "retro" styling cues from the 1966 Shelby GT350... If you want the 1967/68 look and want extra scoops/wings etc that DO NOT BELONG on this car..you probably should have purchased a GT500 or a standard Mustang GT and converted it to your own version--which many do and is very cool.....Sorry, being a jerk here I suppose but I do not understand taking a very limited and potentially historic car with VERY SPECIFIC design cues as to the way it looks and then changing it...why spend the extra $8-9,000 for a SHELBY only to throw that look and intent away??? I just don't get it--YES to each his own and Mustang history is filled with 43 years of 'build your own' attitude...but not with a Shelby, my god........Hopefully everyone here will keep their vehicles for a lifetime...but if you make perm mods and/or throw away original parts you are going to be shell shocked if ever you sell and you see the economic damage done by your mods........

Ummmm don't know how to approach this without being confrontational and a jerk-which I really do not want to be..I'm currently in negotiation with a Calif dealer on a black Shelby GT (issue of ADM) I'm enjoying most of the posts here but several scare the heck out of me...I wish I had the computer skills to cut and paste photos..but maybe some of you have books at home or can use yahoo search.... The 07/08 GT 500 is 'designed' to represent a modern version of the 1967 & 1968 Shelby GT500..look at the front facia opening...the use of the ducktail type spoiler...yes--the hood left off the nostril scoop openings (that flaw being fixed on the 08 GT500KR) and the side scoops (SVT issue with 'clean body lines")...but the heritage ties to 67 & 68 are there.

The 07 Shelby GT has NO SUCH ties...this car is being tied to the 1966 GT350H (with the "350" left off)...yes the stripes have changed to silver as gold only goes to Hertz (and yes 1966 Hertz cars came in white with gold strips..blue and red with gold stripes also but in very limited numbers as approx 800 of the 1000 were the black and gold). Please look at a photograph of the front facia of a 1966 GT350 and then look at the front facia of the 07 Shelby GT..see the resemblence...now look at the 66 hood and the 07 hood...yeah I would have liked a hoodscoop molded into the hood on the 07 instead of the "Cobra" rivited look but costs and time issues....NOW look at the tail--notice NO WING on the '66...thus no wing on the 07...and the lower body side scoop on the 66 and the 07...getting the picture....and then the most critical factor of ALL..USED ONLY IN 1966 GT350 and COPIED by thousands of Mustang folks ever since...the FAMOUS 3/4 window instead to louvers or scoops....THAT window is critical to the look of the car and was directly copied in the 05+ Mustang design from the 1966 GT350...THAT WINDOW is the signature item of a 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang..AND YOU GUYS WANT TO GET RID OF IT...What are you thinking????

Again, the 2007 Shelby GT takes it's "retro" styling cues from the 1966 Shelby GT350... If you want the 1967/68 look and want extra scoops/wings etc that DO NOT BELONG on this car..you probably should have purchased a GT500 or a standard Mustang GT and converted it to your own version--which many do and is very cool.....Sorry, being a jerk here I suppose but I do not understand taking a very limited and potentially historic car with VERY SPECIFIC design cues as to the way it looks and then changing it...why spend the extra $8-9,000 for a SHELBY only to throw that look and intent away??? I just don't get it--YES to each his own and Mustang history is filled with 43 years of 'build your own' attitude...but not with a Shelby, my god........Hopefully everyone here will keep their vehicles for a lifetime...but if you make perm mods and/or throw away original parts you are going to be shell shocked if ever you sell and you see the economic damage done by your mods........

I agree that all parts should be saved for a resale standpoint, but this is 2007 NOT 1966 so make your Shelby GT as you would like to have it look, retro or not. The car can take all the scoops and spoilers one chooses to do. I personally might not put on a spoiler but I do like the scoop instead of the window, and it can always come off if we need to take it off without hurting anything. The bottom line is that I have a Sheby GT and I love it and apparently everyone else does too because I can not go down the road without someone, young or old, staring at the car or stopping me to compliment the car B) .

I don't think you are being a jerk at all. If anything you show the same passion and understanding that this car is truly special. Thank you. That being said, it's just a scoop, a scoop that can be pulled off and restored back to original condition anytime. I would agree 110% if someone took a mint original 66 GT350 and chopped it all up with mods. But this car is a new 2007 car that many of us will keep a lifetime. I didn't buy the car to be a museum piece 40 years from now. I want to enjoy it. Who knows...maybe 40 years from now they will be making a tribute to the 2007 SGT? I myself have thought about the scoops, but for me, it would have to come from SAI. And SAI just happens to be working on scoops for the SGT. Now how can we argue with Mr. Shelby that scoops are bad for the SGT.

PS to SGT owners: we all know to keep our original parts right?

As much as I want one NOW I might wait for the scoop from Shelby. But if I decide that now is the time (cause I won't be here forever) and Shelby just takes their sweet time doing things, I'll post pictures.

When I meet with John Friday, I will discuss what I already sent him in an email, which was to purchase the installed SHELBY Quarter Window Block Off Plate, Pair and have Amy, John, Bud, Gary, Victoria and anyone at SAI who works on my car, sign the driver's side plate. Then, I will do the same for the passenger's side with Tasca Ford. Then, when my new Shelby Window Scoops come in, I'll just have Tasca install them and I'll keep the plates and display them at shows.

I'm always thinking guys. ;)

Well, I'll be saving more money as I really like the looks of the glass, and as the other poster said it mirrors the historic GT350. I also very much like the rear visibility with the glass.

Of the window scoops discussed, however, I like the looks of the silverhorse racing the best, but I would wait until a Shelby version comes out and see what that looks like.

Well, I'll be saving more money as I really like the looks of the glass, and as the other poster said it mirrors the historic GT350. I also very much like the rear visibility with the glass.

Same here. I have mine dark tinted on my 05' and it looks really good. But beauty is in the eye...

• 3 weeks later...

I am really feeling guilty for wanting to put a GT500 spoiler on Ralph now ! <_<

I putting one on mine-I just think it looks better with a spoiler. I understand why they left it off and that's all good for some, but I think it looks like it's missing something. SO..... :P

In regards to this thread/topic........If I was a wagering man,the trunk lid was NEVER drilled at Ford,or anywhere else. If you all look close,under the trunklid,you will see overspray etc.....and where the 4 holes get drilled,it's semi oversprayed with black,but mostly primer gray. No evidence what-so-ever that it was leaded/filled etc.

Was discussing with the wife,as far as keeping car in original condition tonight. I suggested to her,if that's a motive,to possibly purchase a trunklid,have it painted,striped etc....and remove the original trunklid,and store it.

A real eye to these details etc in the future,will know that the lid was never drilled,and will be able to tell it was filled,even if the bodyman is the elite 1 outta 20 bodydudes.

Posting this as far as removing spoiler in future,to put back to original condition.

P.S. ... ths will get the wifey thinkin again LOL

silver horse or agent47 are the best IMO, but if shelby is making something similar id wait for theirs, because then its acctually a shelby product :)

PS: autoplay ive thought about that too, and the same basic idea swappin out the hood for a cowl or gt500kr style. keepin the original parts is the key :P

Archived