TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White sgt with razors

timmyer

here is a link to my sgt s/c with razors. brakes to follow tommorrow

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYsW7lm0ZNWLF

Just cut and paste

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...=8AYsW7lm0ZNWLF

There's you a hyper link. I like them wheels......

Did you have the 18's originally or just went straight to the twenties? I'm wondering if there is much ride difference between the two sizes.

I know this will NOT be a popular response, I do not think they look as good as the stock wheels. The stock wheels just look so clean. Now I will also say this that these cars must be seen in person to really appreciate them. But my vote is for the 18" rolling stock they come with.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...=8AYsW7lm0ZNWLF

There's you a hyper link. I like them wheels......

Did you have the 18's originally or just went straight to the twenties? I'm wondering if there is much ride difference between the two sizes.

I had the 18s. They ride just slightly harder. The price to pay for more traction I suppose. They are not what I would consider too much though. Jonathan

Jonathan, looks great. Love the window plates too.

Thanks

I know this will NOT be a popular response, I do not think they look as good as the stock wheels. The stock wheels just look so clean. Now I will also say this that these cars must be seen in person to really appreciate them. But my vote is for the 18" rolling stock they come with.

No problem,

I too like the looks of the stock wheels too. Actually more than these but I needed the brakes so ..one things leads to another.

....The problem with the stock wheels is they don't fit over any of the after market brake packages.

EXACTY

Guys,

I'm getting my SGT w/ supercharger from a Steeda dealer in New York. His Steeda rep says we can use the existing calipers with larger disks and better pads and increase braking ability of the car considerably while still using my stock rims and tires. Should cost a lot less when compared to new brakes, rims and tires. Something to look into. It's a toss up stock rims vs razors in my opinion and ride quality will be a little firmer. Rick

I also plan to keep the original wheels on the car (except during the winter). I'm sure some brake upgrades will come, but even now one can upgrade the pads and add cooling ducts, such as those from Agent 47, and improve the braking performance considerably.

Now this is a hard decision. Now that I have received my car I like the look of the factory wheels better than I thought I would. But the razors look good too. Gonna have to think now.........

Tim

Now this is a hard decision. Now that I have received my car I like the look of the factory wheels better than I thought I would. But the razors look good too. Gonna have to think now.........

Tim

there are some pics in the thread las vegas bound. you can do a search easy for that thread. It is an stick. jonathan

Wow, i saw the pics. Everyone keeps calling it a S/C (supercharger), but I see that it is a turbocharger. What is the HP rating w/ the turbocharger, and what fuel mileage rating did they give the car with that? (apologies in advance to the "off-topic police")....

......It is a supercharger.

To be very simplistic a turbocharger is powered by the exhaust of the engine. A supercharger is powered by the engine itself. I am sure you can search the web for more detail if you choose.

I have never heard of anyone who has been on this board for a while who has thought the SC was a turbo charger. Where have you been, an all nighter, three 24 hour work shifts in a row, girl friend took you to new highs and you forgot everything you have read here? B)

......It is a supercharger.

To be very simplistic a turbocharger is powered by the exhaust of the engine. A supercharger is powered by the engine itself. I am sure you can search the web for more detail if you choose.

I have never seen a supercharger that looked like that, but if it is belt driven or otherwise driven by the engine then you are correct. I'm just accustomed to seeing superchargers on top of the engines and also seeing the belt-driven pulley in the front. Obviously I must be behind the times and have some learning to do! <_<

I have never seen a supercharger that looked like that, but if it is belt driven or otherwise driven by the engine then you are correct. I'm just accustomed to seeing superchargers on top of the engines and also seeing the belt-driven pulley in the front. Obviously I must be behind the times and have some learning to do! <_<

Your not behind the times, paxtons have always been this way. The paxton is a centrifical vs a roots style seen on the gt500. Google 1966 gt 350.

Archived