TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Polished wheels on a black car

I asked my dealer if I could buy the polished wheels (standard on the white SGT) and have them installed on my black SGT. He said no problem. They will even roll the price into the total cost so I wouldn't have to pay any out of pocket money. They're $350 a wheel.

I asked my dealer if I could buy the polished wheels (standard on the white SGT) and have them installed on my black SGT. He said no problem. They will even roll the price into the total cost so I wouldn't have to pay any out of pocket money. They're $350 a wheel.

This may be a dealer option that you purchase seperately, however, as I understand it, this should not make it to SAI with the polished wheels installed. Check with John Walker at SAI.

When I ordered my car back in Feb, I ordered the same wheels (and wheel sensors). My total was about another $925 (without tires). I had them write it on the order but made sure that they were supplied by the dealer around the time that car arrived from SAI.

In the end, I was sold on the black Razors so I ended up canceling the dealer wheels anyway. First, after about a month, the original black wheels on the black SGT grew on me - then finally, the black Razors (with the red Shelby brakes of course).

Check on that price, I ordered the polished alums. from Ford for $260/wheel, plus $57 sensor/wheel.

The funny thing about the black only wheels on the GT is that I got a flyer in the mail this week from Ford. On it was a black Shelby GT with the chrome wheels from the white Shelby GT. I was surprised since you cant buy it that way that they would show a pic of it.

The funny thing about the black only wheels on the GT is that I got a flyer in the mail this week from Ford. On it was a black Shelby GT with the chrome wheels from the white Shelby GT. I was surprised since you cant buy it that way that they would show a pic of it.

It was probably a picture of the prototype which did have the chrome wheels on the black car.

• 2 months later...

What would the white SGT look like with black wheels?

Worse than the black!

Some people love them...and that's cool. But it was the swtich to black wheels that moved me from the back to white cars. I think the wheels took a lot of people by surprise in the beginning as the cars were always shown with chrome at the start.

Worse than the black!

Some people love them...and that's cool. But it was the swtich to back wheels that moved me from the back to white cars. I think the wheels took a lot of people by surprise in the beginning as the cars were always shown with chrome at the start.

You're just mad because you couldn't get whitewall tires! :lol:

Archived