TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm noticing things are getting a little slow.....

I'm about to go pick up my new 26hp 54" cut Craftsman yard tractor and then tomorrow off to our AL plant for 4 days (yeah :( ).

Anyone else's life as exciting as mine? *sigh*

Oh, the grandson had the squirts all night......

Fortunately for me that's the wife's territory. ;)

I'm about to go pick up my new 26hp 54" cut Craftsman yard tractor and then tomorrow off to our AL plant for 4 days (yeah :( ).

Anyone else's life as exciting as mine? *sigh*

Oh, the grandson had the squirts all night......

Fortunately for me that's the wife's territory. ;)

LOL

Yep , its been a slow weekend but then again , maybe out enjoying the cars? Im leaving in about 30 mins. for a nice country run myself. Check back this afternoon.............. :)

Men we gota get a life besides these cars. Mines being detailed after my wife drove it to Dallas, Tx coming in late last night. My GT left T-Town Saturday morning clean, ;) came back with no gas, bugs all over everywhere, and she got popped by DPS in McKinney Texas for speeding.

I am struggling with taking a break from the forum as it tends to be addictive......

GG

Men we gota get a life besides these cars. Mines being detailed after my wife drove it to Dallas, Tx coming in late last night. My GT left T-Town Saturday morning clean, ;) came back with no gas, bugs all over everywhere, and she got popped by DPS in McKinney Texas for speeding.

I am struggling with taking a break from the forum as it tends to be addictive......

GG

+1 On the addictive part. I think i look here to much and think nothings happening....

I guess one of the plus's for me is,

The wife doesn't drive a stick and it does not have an ash tray for her so its a me only car as far as driving it goes. Hope that ticket is not to much...............

Bud,you are such a tease. We want new pictures in the gallery and shopping section of of the SAI website. We still have items either coming soon or available w/ no pictures. Help a brother out ! Rick

I'm at home working on some 1/18 scale mustangs. Trying to cast some new parts for it. So far so good. Sorry I can't give you more detail at this time :o But it's coool!!!!!

Bud

Bud,

You and Amy really need to let us know what's going on. When are you going to build the convertable in 2008? Man I gotta get a life...........

By the way, the ticket was a warning as I found out. Guess who did the clean-up and put gas in it this morning..... :D :D :D

GG104

came back with no gas, bugs all over everywhere,

Sounds like my Jeep. I stopped the other night in town to wash off the mud and bugs and by the time I drove the 7 miles home, I could not even see through the window. I forgot I had run out of washer fluid and turned on the wipers to "wash" off the bug guts. Ugggghh!

The bottoms around here are horrible.

On the plus side, the new mower is great on this 4.46 acre yard! I will NEVER buy another rider that does not have cruise control. NEVER! B)

Bud,

You and Amy really need to let us know what's going on. When are you going to build the convertable in 2008? Man I gotta get a life...........

By the way, the ticket was a warning as I found out. Guess who did the clean-up and put gas in it this morning..... :D :D :D

GG104

How fast?

I've only had my car 2 days and today I entered it into a local car show. I did get a lot of stares, ooo's, ahhh's and wows! What was interesting is how many high school aged kids were looking it over. A great design / appearance is timeless, I guess.

I've only had my car 2 days and today I entered it into a local car show. I did get a lot of stares, ooo's, ahhh's and wows! What was interesting is how many high school aged kids were looking it over. A great design / appearance is timeless, I guess.

I'm assuming since you did not make mention that the car did not place?

I really don't know, and I doubt it because I had to leave early and there were beautifully restored classics there which I can' imagine I could ever compete with, as good as the Shelby GT looks.

I really don't know, and I doubt it because I had to leave early and there were beautifully restored classics there which I can' imagine I could ever compete with, as good as the Shelby GT looks.

Did they have a class for "Special Interest Cars" which the Shelby might fall into?

It's been a little lazy in N. Texas also, comment on the carshow.. I've entered 3 shows since I (we) got the car placed in 2 out of 3. I've never entered a car show before, so since it's a little slow let me give you my take, they are great for talking to other Mustang and car people, a couple of things i'm trying to figure out are which class to enter the car in and the best way to show the car so that people really understand what they are looking at, most people don't know about the car, all they hear about is the GT500. I parked at the last show next to a stock GT and a GT500, IMHO our car blew them away. In 2 of the shows participants voted ( 1 placed/ the other 0) and one had independent judges( won a class). This car has way too much class to compete with the tricked/pimped out Mustangs and not enough publicity to compete with the classics. The wife is designing a board to display the heritage and history of the card and kudos to SAI when she called and asked about the history of Shelby/Ford between '67 and '07. I do have to say though that when you start to explain the car and it's relationship with SAI they realize the are looking at a instant classic, kinda wish everyone would have voted at the end of the night after they had time to ask about the car. lol,, I just can't understand how a GT with no concept in it's paint graphics and 20" wheels can beat my (our) car. just a bit of ranting here, i'll get over it,,there is nothing on the road that get the looks and questions we get while out running around......

on a different note,,,

should I start anonther topic on the subject of Headers, with a annv. and bday in June the wife suggested ( I couldn't believe it) we spend a little money on our baby, I'm thinking headers....any suggestions

Did they have a class for "Special Interest Cars" which the Shelby might fall into?

No, but they were going to hand out 1st thru 5th place trophies...who knows, maybe I'll find out I won somthing. That would be too cool. B)

on a different note,,,

should I start anonther topic on the subject of Headers, with a annv. and bday in June the wife suggested ( I couldn't believe it) we spend a little money on our baby, I'm thinking headers....any suggestions

well, since this a thread about nothing I don't think you need to start another thread. I am going to have JBA shorty/cat forward headers installed either before or shortly after the SAAC convention in July. I have no experience but they have a good reputation, they are street legal, and the JBA factory story is a nice drive down to San Diego for me. They also have a dyno so if I need to it can be tuned for the headers or just to see what the car is really doing with the supercharger. The have long headers also but I want to stay smog legal.

http://www.jbaheaders.com/

http://www.jbaracing.com/

ok everyone don't kill me for this question, why are the JBA headers more twisted than the Ford Racing headers

I think because one is a standard type header and the one that is all twisted is an "Equal Length" header (All the tubes the same length).

Then again my kids say i don't know what im talkin about, darn teenagers, :)

Im pretty sure thats what it is though.

I think because one is a standard type header and the one that is all twisted is an "Equal Length" header (All the tubes the same length).

Then again my kids say i don't know what im talkin about, darn teenagers, :)

Im pretty sure thats what it is though.

Wow! This thread actually turned into something worthwhile! :)

So, are headers really worth the money? By that I mean if you drop a few hundred on the headers and then whatever it costs to have them installed, will the power gains be that noticable?

What is the difference between long and short headers?

You experts speak up now beacuse headers have always confused me.

Wow! This thread actually turned into something worthwhile! :)

So, are headers really worth the money? By that I mean if you drop a few hundred on the headers and then whatever it costs to have them installed, will the power gains be that noticable?

What is the difference between long and short headers?

You experts speak up now beacuse headers have always confused me.

The shorty's are not worth much, The stock headers flow pretty good. The biggest gain is in Long tube headers.

Stump breaker...Where is the AL plant you referred to? Considering I am in Birmingham, I was curious?

I'll be going to Goodwater, south of Birmingham I believe. We also have a plant in Eclectic I may be inspecting.

Suppose to fly up on the coporate jet tomorrow.

....The long tubes are certainly better than shorty headers but the shorty headers are smog legal and therefore don't have warranty issues. I read a post from one Mustang GT owner who put the shorty JBA headers on and he gained 8 RWHP (dyno tested). It also in his opinion provided a better sound.

Are the shorty headers fairly "simple" bolt-on or is exhaust pipe cutting / trimming required?

Are the shorty headers fairly "simple" bolt-on or is exhaust pipe cutting / trimming required?

From what I have read on the internet - take it or leave it, I do not know - on older vehicles it was a fairly simple swap. On newer cars you have to know what you're doing. I found long tubes but some were requiring a special electrical trick plug to keep the check engine light from coming on which all comes back to the smog legality stuff.

EDIT: Here is a write up on installing BBK shorties

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles...xhaust_headers/

Here is the SLP long tubes which claim 30 RWHP. For $900 they had better do something!

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/FM5010/GN/SLP+Long-...Mustang+GT.html

I would say it is not a simple "bolt on." If you look at the JBA headers link I posted, somwhere in there are instructions. I don't remember reading about cutting. For that part it sounded like it bolted in. However, you do have to detatch the motor from the mounts and raise the engine a few inches. I don't have an engine hoist and seems a little more than I want to take on so I will pay to have them installed. It has been a while since I read the instructions and everything is getting a bit hazy lately.

Archived