TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello everyone

STLShelby

Didn't see an intro forum so thought i would post here. I sold my 03 Mach 1 and ordered a new Shelby GT last week, black 5 speed with iup. Didn't know there were so many options available from SAI. Quite a learning experience since this will be my first Shelby.

Didn't see an intro forum so thought i would post here. I sold my 03 Mach 1 and ordered a new Shelby GT last week, black 5 speed with iup. Didn't know there were so many options available from SAI. Quite a learning experience since this will be my first Shelby.

Welcome to the boards, and to the wonderful world of Shelby ownership!

Thanks for the welcome guys. The car isn't scheduled to be built till the week of Jun 11 at Ford, then has to go to SAI so it's going to be a while.

Week of June 11th Hummm....I need to look that up. I thought the last build week was the 6th but in either case you may have one of the last ones built. You may no have as long to wait as some of us as things will be wrapping up and the mod shop caught up (knock on wood) etc. I'd still suspect August. Did you order something special? I only ask as there seem to be plenty of cars for sale you could get now and Mike Morris has some on their way to SAI or there that you could still mod and he's selling at or slightly below MSRP. Just an option!

Week of June 11th Hummm....I need to look that up. I thought the last build week was the 6th but in either case you may have one of the last ones built. You may no have as long to wait as some of us as things will be wrapping up and the mod shop caught up (knock on wood) etc. I'd still suspect August. Did you order something special? I only ask as there seem to be plenty of cars for sale you could get now and Mike Morris has some on their way to SAI or there that you could still mod and he's selling at or slightly below MSRP. Just an option!

Nothing special, just interior upgrade. The one i drove at my local dealership had the Shaker1000 stereo and sirus radio, 2 things i didn't want and no iup which i did want. Since i got on this website and discovered additional opt. can be ordered from Shelby, i want the lower grill insert with driving light's. Also want the blower but the wife isn't going for that.

I've been doing business with my dealer for over 20 yrs and will just wait for the car, but i do appreciate the info. Might bide me more time to work on the wife for the blower. This is the first new Ford i have never bought on A-Plan, but they made me a decent deal under MSRP.

I've been doing business with my dealer for over 20 yrs and will just wait for the car, but i do appreciate the info. Might bide me more time to work on the wife for the blower. This is the first new Ford i have never bought on A-Plan, but they made me a decent deal under MSRP.

Understand. Good Luck! :)

thanks for the plug Matt, i do still have 5 more SGTs coming. i sure hope Matt gets his soon.

welcome to the board, let me know if i can help in anyway

michael

Thanks for the welcome Michael!

WOW! You found a dealership that let you test drive the SGT??!!?!?? That is unheard of in this area afaik.

Anyway, Howdy!

Yep! I was the first one that drove it. Been doing business with them for over 20 yrs. and have a brother-in-law that was a mechanic there for 23 yrs. Told them i wasn't putting a deposit on anything without seeing if i liked it first. With the money i've spent there over the years on Mustangs and pickups i could of bought a couple more houses. They treat me pretty good. ;)

Funny, my dad just looked at a black SGT at the Ford dealership in Auburn WA . The car had 30 miles on it and they wanted him to go drive it. For some insane reason, he didn't . . . . :o

Wow test drives are free, unless you succumb to temptation and act on impulse. Always seems happen to me, according to my wife. :D

Thanks for the welcome Michael!

Yep! I was the first one that drove it. Been doing business with them for over 20 yrs. and have a brother-in-law that was a mechanic there for 23 yrs. Told them i wasn't putting a deposit on anything without seeing if i liked it first. With the money i've spent there over the years on Mustangs and pickups i could of bought a couple more houses. They treat me pretty good. ;)

see guys there are other dealer like me that are good guys! not many, but a few

michael

Welcome STL...

You'll certainly your SGT when it arrives. Many of us have PSDS or have had it. I drive mine everyday and just gets better and better...

You'll find that the Shelby folks are the best to deal with and all these folks on the forum are great, too. Many of us have made some good friends on here...

Gary

Welcome to the asylum........uh...err........forums! Don't be shy. These guys in here know their stuff!-John

John i tried getting a hold of you today, but you were busy. Didn't leave a message although the second time i called she put me thru to Buds voicemail and i left a message for him.

I'm interested in the lower grill insert with driving lights and need to know what you need from my dealer to do it when the car gets there. I gave them a deposit to order the car, filled out the credit app. which is approved and signed the buyers agreement.

I also want the blower but the little woman isn't having none of that. :lol:

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks Noel

Archived