TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The excitment builds

timmyer

How much more can I take..........John told me Monday that my SGT had cleared inspection and was appointed a truck number for shipping. Just waiting on the truck to come back for its next load. I know its only been 2 days and Vegas is a long drive from Alabama. On my way to work this morning I pulled into Hardee's to get breakfast and sitting in the "truck" parking was a rig that said " Integrity Trucking"...."Specialized Auto Haulers". This was at the exit from I-59 that would head to my dealer. I have know idea of who will be hauling these cars but it was all I could do not to go inside and ask who's driving that truck and what kind of cars are you hauling. Needless to say, everytime the phone rings at my desk this morning I look to see if the caller ID says Alexander Ford..............

North Shelby, If yours is ready than that would be 3 to this area. My car was waiting on mods and my dealer was expecting a blk sgt also. He thinks they were holding it until mine was ready to be shipped at same time..........

I also received the sam information from John on Monday (4-30-07). He said mine was through final QC checks had been assigned a shipping number and was awaiting to be loaded. I am located in Missouri.

Well its been around 7 hours since I seen that truck. Guess I can quit watching the caller ID so close...........guess someone else was getting some cool car............

I also received the sam information from John on Monday (4-30-07). He said mine was through final QC checks had been assigned a shipping number and was awaiting to be loaded. I am located in Missouri.

Don did you get mods done? Seems your car has been there a LONG time.

How much more can I take..........John told me Monday that my SGT had cleared inspection and was appointed a truck number for shipping. Just waiting on the truck to come back for its next load. I know its only been 2 days and Vegas is a long drive from Alabama. On my way to work this morning I pulled into Hardee's to get breakfast and sitting in the "truck" parking was a rig that said " Integrity Trucking"...."Specialized Auto Haulers". This was at the exit from I-59 that would head to my dealer. I have know idea of who will be hauling these cars but it was all I could do not to go inside and ask who's driving that truck and what kind of cars are you hauling. Needless to say, everytime the phone rings at my desk this morning I look to see if the caller ID says Alexander Ford..............

VERY COOL!

When did your car arrive at SAI? Did you have any mods?

Thanks!

I know this is utter torture for all of us waiting for our cars to arrive.....but isnt it wonderful how excited we all are. I mean, when was the last time you all, sorry y'all, were this excited about anything?

anything material anyway.................as much as I cant wait for my car....I feel so alive, so lucky to be one of the few to HAVE A SHELBY GT!!

(ALMOST)

John said my car was scheduled to be shipped out this week and it still shows as arrived at Shelby, I am in MD so it would probaly take a few days. I can't believe that they send the truck out and then have it come back to get more. I would think that they a few trucks to deliver cars. My dealer said that cars like these are shipped in haulers that you wouldn't believe has cars in them. The one he saw did not have a name on it either, but I am sure they use subcontractors to do the hauling. It is driving us all crazy but I guess that should all be a part of it. It only took me 42 years to be able to afford the car I want.

I turned 43 last month and all I can say is ...."ditto for me"......my car is assigned a shipping number and is supposed to leave this week....maybe our cars are together.....Maryland/Jersey?

Ok...I'm sorry if I keep asking this but I'm trying to make some sense of things here. Did you have mods done? You posted " arrived SAI 3/20, became a Shelby on 3/26!!" besides that fact that the 6 day turnaround on the SGT conversion is unheard of, I can't understand a 4 week delay in shipping if this was the case and there were no mods.

Anyway, just trying to figure out just where the heck my car might be without calling and bothering John.

Thanks!

Only the lower grill & driving lights were added.....my car was ready to go at Flat Rock on 2/6, but didnt get to Vegas until 3/20 because of the NASCAR race......shipments of cars were stopped to leave room for all the spectator cars at the Speedway. Once the car arrived at SAI, it got done so fast because their backlog was eliminated while shipments of new cars were halted. Then it sat until the whole mod shop thing got sorted out. Passed inpection Friday....waiting for a truck now...this timeline is a result of numerous conversations with big John W.....hope that helps you Matt.

THANKS! This really helps put it al in perspective! MUCH appreciated!

Have fun and get a ticket for me!

:)

Matt, My car arrived around mid Feb. It was turned into a SGT around March 15-20 (best I remember). I had it flagged for lower grill and lights. Went through inspection and had an "issue" with the hood scoop. Cleared inspection last week and given a ship number and waiting on truck Monday.

Tim

45 years old here.........sounds like we're all going throught our 2nd childhood...........

Matt, My car arrived around mid Feb. It was turned into a SGT around March 15-20 (best I remember). I had it flagged for lower grill and lights. Went through inspection and had an "issue" with the hood scoop. Cleared inspection last week and given a ship number and waiting on truck Monday.

Tim

45 years old here.........sounds like we're all going throught our 2nd childhood...........

Thanks Tim!

....becareful trying to chase transporters. Last Week on the way home I saw a Reliable transporter. I got excited because that is what I saw in the pictures from SAI (check the gallery). Well, then I saw another a few miles later. Figured my car isn't on it anyways so I am not going to waste time following them. Then I get home check the boards and I see pictures of Shelby GTs being unloaded from a FedEx truck. So good luck guessing who is carrying your car.

....becareful trying to chase transporters. Last Week on the way home I saw a Reliable transporter. I got excited because that is what I saw in the pictures from SAI (check the gallery). Well, then I saw another a few miles later. Figured my car isn't on it anyways so I am not going to waste time following them. Then I get home check the boards and I see pictures of Shelby GTs being unloaded from a FedEx truck. So good luck guessing who is carrying your car.

On my way to LA for a business trip...let's go get drunk!

B)

Oh my gosh, I'll be chasing u-hauls before you know it.............

I turned 43 last month and all I can say is ...."ditto for me"......my car is assigned a shipping number and is supposed to leave this week....maybe our cars are together.....Maryland/Jersey?

My car was built on the 26th so that is a strong possibility that they could travel together. Eastern Shore of MD.

Tim

I am betting that 90 percent of us are in our 40's on here.

Don did you get mods done? Seems your car has been there a LONG time.

VERY COOL!

When did your car arrive at SAI? Did you have any mods?

Thanks!

Yes, I got the front fascia with lights and rear sequentials. John told me that the white car pictured on the post "burdicks ride" about the front fascia was my car, that was about 2 weeks ago.

And yes it seems as though this is taking an extremely long time, after all according to "VIN tracker" my car arrived at SAI on 2-19-07 and I still don't have my car. I am just about yo make my second car and insurance payment and haven't even sat in my car. I will email John tomorrow for a status update. Just seems like 10+ weeks at SAI is a little much, expecially for such minor mods.

My car was built on the 26th so that is a strong possibility that they could travel together. Eastern Shore of MD.

You guys are a bunch of pups! I am 64 going on my second or third midlife crisis – all involving cars. I am wondering if I will ever see my SGT before the snow flies around here (eastern SD).

You guys are a bunch of pups! I am 64 going on my second or third midlife crisis – all involving cars. I am wondering if I will ever see my SGT before the snow flies around here (eastern SD).

hi iam right behind you iam 63 and this is my third owned shelby had a 67GT500 ,69gt350 conv (that was cs org car ) and a 1969Gt350 and now have black SGT #258 in my garage iam in wa st it now has 300 mi on it i use blackfire wax sweet car

We'll I'm pushing the envelope! 49 going to be the big 5 - 0 in October. My wife says my SGT is my crazy mid-life crisis. Now if it would just get here! Oh well at least it is in Vegas now. Hopefully I'll get it before June depending on the Mod Shop. Dave

Shelb-Don, Wondering why your car has not been delievered yet. Sean Burdicks already got deleiver of the black car in the same post. I think his is on the east coast...........I could be wrong.

I was wondering the same thing ! I think Mr Burdick git his car last week. This whole wait and see game is rather frustrating.

Agreed, To me its worse now that I am at the "waiting on the truck" stage. Not knowing if it has left SAI or not leaving until next week or whenever is not good at all. Having already signed the papers and owing for this car and not knowing when to expect it is driving me crazy. John, Bud and everyone at SAI have been great through this whole experience. It does seem there would be a way of letting us know the day the car leaves Vegas...........

Archived