TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are the actual numbers going to be?

DreamRide

6000 2007 Shelby GTs.

We are working on a package to package deal with Ford. We have the KR next. I have not heard of an 08 model so far. We will pass this on as we get the info. -John

John,

I think all of us on the forum realize Shelby has contracted with Ford to make 6,000 cars, but do you know if Ford actually has orders for that many cars since they're getting down to the end of the 2007 production year? The highest CSM number I've seen out there is 2,100 and something. Can you tell us where Shelby is at in number of total cars actually processed through SAI? I guess I'm hoping SAI only makes about 3,500 cars so it's a little more exclusive. My selfish wish. :lol: I too would like to know the ratio of white to black cars and manual vs auto. Thanks,

Dave

John- Due to the model year ending soon and the dealer SGT allocation will not be totaling 6000 cars will Shelby be disappointed if they can not hit the 6000 mark? Also, what happens if Ford closes the order desk and you do not hit the 6000 mark, will Shelby lose money? Lastly what is the current number of SGT's Shelby has produced to date?

Thanks.

John- Due to the model year ending soon and the dealer SGT allocation will not be totaling 6000 cars will Shelby be disappointed if they can not hit the 6000 mark? Also, what happens if Ford closes the order desk and you do not hit the 6000 mark, will Shelby lose money? Lastly what is the current number of SGT's Shelby has produced to date?

Thanks.

I honestly do not think that we will miss our quota. We are contracted to do 6,000 cars and 6,000 cars we will do!!!!! :D Not sure of the exact number we are at, but I would say at least or close to 3,000 done. We have a sea of SGT's out here. Its a beautiful site!!!!!!!! Also, I am not sure of the black/white ratio. And from what I have heard, the manuals are around 20% of the 6,000 total cars.

Bud

I honestly do not think that we will miss our quota. We are contracted to do 6,000 cars and 6,000 cars we will do!!!!! :D Not sure of the exact number we are at, but I would say at least or close to 3,000 done. We have a sea of SGT's out here. Its a beautiful site!!!!!!!! Also, I am not sure of the black/white ratio. And from what I have heard, the manuals are around 20% of the 6,000 total cars.

Bud

Bud are you sure you didn't mean automatics are 20%?

Yeah I was thinking you must be close to 3,000 now. I saw 2,200 somethin on ebay so given shipping time etc., I figured you were up to about 3,000. Now if you could just find my car in that sea and move it up a bit...

:rolleyes:

Bud are you sure you didn't mean automatics are 20%?

Yeah I was thinking you must be close to 3,000 now. I saw 2,200 somethin on ebay so given shipping time etc., I figured you were up to about 3,000. Now if you could just find my car in that sea and move it up a bit...

:rolleyes:

Yup, thats what I meant 20% automatics-----must be the lack of coffee LOL

Bud

Bud

Bud,

Any possibility that the actual 6,000 contract will spill over into the 08 model and some upgrades like the new Shelby Center Cap Logo would be added?

Remember your among friends and you can tell us...

GG

If there are to be 6000 cars then the SGT will be a so-called rare Mustang Shelby, very good. I do think though that the SGT production will fall over into the 08 model year as I don't think the consumer world will take the 6000 cars without huge concessions from Ford which we all would hate! The SGT is an awesome car and I think 4000 will be the maximum output before the lights go out this model year. Contracts, like rules, are made to be broken especially when you are dealing with a huge conglomerate as FOMOCO. And if Ford say its done, with the Super Snake and the GT500KR on the line, its done. Of course it would be great for us. B)

Thanks again.

If there are to be 6000 cars then the SGT will be a so-called rare Mustang Shelby, very good. I do think though that the SGT production will fall over into the 08 model year as I don't think the consumer world will take the 6000 cars without huge concessions from Ford which we all would hate! The SGT is an awesome car and I think 4000 will be the maximum output before the lights go out this model year. Contracts, like rules, are made to be broken especially when you are dealing with a huge conglomerate as FOMOCO. And if Ford say its done, with the Super Snake and the GT500KR on the line, its done. Of course it would be great for us. B)

Thanks again.

Yeah...the factory will end production of the 07 in a few weeks. I think the first week of June. That will be it! If there are any open orders (aka Unscheduled/Clean) they will be canceled. The first 08's won't be off the the line until mid/late June. I think SAI is going to be knee deep in KR and SS the rest of the year. Remember both of these cars will be making heavy use of the mod shop etc., and unless there's been some big ramp up in staff and capacity I can't see an 08 SGT until later in the model year (Dec/Jan) if ever. This all assumes of course a 400HP GT350 isn't in the works for mid year as well. For Ford these cars are great for driving demand once the beginning of year rush begins to dip and winter approaches. An announcement of a GT350 in Oct/Nov gives you Christmas and some incremental sales taking you into the spring. If Ford can show that the SGT brought "NEW" business then it will go again. The key for Ford is to be able to say a very high percentage of the 6000 SGT units were sold to people, like me, that wouldn't have bought a GT this year. That's a good thing! That's what programs like this are for. On the other hand if it's shown that this just cannibalized existing GT sales then that's not good and a wasted effort. I think Ford will fine it's the former and not the later.

Yeah...the factory will end production of the 07 in a few weeks. I think the first week of June. That will be it! If there are any open orders (aka Unscheduled/Clean) they will be canceled. The first 08's won't be off the the line until mid/late June. I think SAI is going to be knee deep in KR and SS the rest of the year. Remember both of these cars will be making heavy use of the mod shop etc., and unless there's been some big ramp up in staff and capacity I can't see an 08 SGT until later in the model year (Dec/Jan) if ever. This all assumes of course a 400HP GT350 isn't in the works for mid year as well. For Ford these cars are great for driving demand once the beginning of year rush begins to dip and winter approaches. An announcement of a GT350 in Oct/Nov gives you Christmas and some incremental sales taking you into the spring. If Ford can show that the SGT brought "NEW" business then it will go again. The key for Ford is to be able to say a very high percentage of the 6000 SGT units were sold to people, like me, that wouldn't have bought a GT this year. That's a good thing! That's what programs like this are for. On the other hand if it's shown that this just cannibalized existing GT sales then that's not good and a wasted effort. I think Ford will fine it's the former and not the later.

Matt,

Very well said. I for one would never have ordered a regular GT from Ford. I would have opted to wait for the new Camaro. In fact I have never owned a Mustang period. But when I got my first glimps of the Shelby GT I just had to have it. I guess if Ron Pratte can pay $600K for one then I can shell out 39K. Can't wait to get it. It's a white with Auto.

Just as Redline said..........I was not looking for a car of any kind. Just seen a SGT and had to have one.

Tim

[/q Ditto exactly, but if I don't get it real soon, have other things to occupy my time in the short summer we have.

we have only recieved one so far, i havent had anyone come in looking for the SGT. mostly just talking to guys on here. i think when the other 5 cars i have coming show up the folks will come in looking for them and have some of those guys who see it and must own it.

michael

....I wouldn't have bought a Mustang GT. I am only buing this car now because it is a Shelby Mustang. I may have waited late into 2008 for a GT500 if the ADMs went away or later for a low mile GT500 but I wasn't in the market for anything other than a Shelby. When the Shelby GT was announced last August it became my obsession.

Hey guys,

I'm new the this place, but not to Shelby., I say my first one on Sat. WOW and today I'm taking my lovely bride down to the dealership to check it out! Hopefully come home with one leaving my z3 behind. From my reading, it looks like people are paying 37k to 49k? Is that before taxes?

Is there any thing I need to know before talking to sales guy about pricing?

Any helpe would be great full.

Hey guys,

I'm new the this place, but not to Shelby., I say my first one on Sat. WOW and today I'm taking my lovely bride down to the dealership to check it out! Hopefully come home with one leaving my z3 behind. From my reading, it looks like people are paying 37k to 49k? Is that before taxes?

Is there any thing I need to know before talking to sales guy about pricing?

Any helpe would be great full.

[/qAll prices talked about are prior any taxes, which vary State to State, talk to Jason/Tower Ford, Michael(don't know name of his dealership) they have been very helpful and upfront, and both have cars in stock now, depending on where you are located. These cars are not moving that quickly, and certainly NOTHING OVER MSRP, you should be able to get a good deal at under MSRP. Good Luck!!

I'm located in Fresno CA, Thanks.

hi

im michael morris from Wayne Morris Ford, im in Perry GA. if you wanting a car today i dont think i can help, if your willing to wait until one of my 5 cars gets to SAI you could just pick the car up there and not have to come to the other side of the country.

i posted on another thread that i will sale any of the cars i have coming for 500 over invoice. if you PM me i can send you want i have coming and the price for the car.

let me know if i can help in anyway.

thanks

michael

Ditto for me......I fell in love with the GT-H / and love the SGT even more......if it were not for this program, I never would have bought a Mustang........I would probably be waiting for a new Camaro.....or just happy to skip the whole new car experience for some used car I could not have afforded new.......(as usual)!

I was originally looking for GT 500 and got turned off by the Dealer ad on charges. I gave up and was considering a used GT until I ran across the SGT. I'm so glad I never bought the GT 500 because I think the SGT is a much better looking car. I don't think I will ever use all 319 ponies so the additional 181 horses would have been wasted on me. For selfish reasons I hope the numbers stay below 4000.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their SGT's as much as I am mine.

I wonder about the 6000 number because - haven't these cars been in production since 12/06? After 4 or 5 months of production I haven't seen #2000+ mentioned yet. If that's true, its unlikely that 4000 cars will be pumped out in 3 more months.

I wonder about the 6000 number because - haven't these cars been in production since 12/06? After 4 or 5 months of production I haven't seen #2000+ mentioned yet. If that's true, its unlikely that 4000 cars will be pumped out in 3 more months.

My car arrived on April 19 and is number 2035. Even at that 6000 seems like a stretch. Delivery time to Iowa was about 9 days.

There will be 6000 completed at SAI, for the 07 MY. (If Amy says so)

I have 5 SGT's AT or IN Route too Vegas. I have 07SGT0169 Still at SAI waiting on Polished SC + much more, and cars in the 2400 range are at Dealers already. White Auto also in line for Polished SC.

I have 1 with Vin# ending in 75364418 (and Jason at Tower Ford has 07SGT0022 with Vin# 75286760) thats 77,658 Vin#'s apart..............in 5 months or so.............

randy

Archived