TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mod Shop??????

greengiant

.....I don't think it is "officially" open. However, a couple of this boards members cars have been completed with driving lights and sequentials. One member's supercharged car has been completed. My car and another member's cars our in the shop now for superchargers.

• 1 month later...

Nothing "official" yet. We are not up to full capacity or speed. Jafo has it right, a few have been squeaking out. -John

How does one contact the Mod shop. I have called and either gotten a fast busy signal or a generic voice mail. Three messages, no replys. Not good.

thanks

Rus

It's going to be tough to contact directly. I got lucky last week....................VERY luck and John picked up on the second ring. But with the remaining production and a deadline looming, they are not very prompt at answering e-mails either.

Keep trying.

Ross...exactly my point...you got lucky....is not the way it is suppose to be....arent we the customers? and we are lucky when we contact someone???...my god....green...I would not schedule anything for mod unless you are willing to wait extra months....that is based on my current experience. I just canceled all mine. Steve

IMO they need more help out there. I have been trying to get a grill issue resolved for a week now. We have played phone tag and I am now just going to bend the crap out of it and wedge it in. Its irritating but what can you do?

Ross...exactly my point...you got lucky....is not the way it is suppose to be....arent we the customers? and we are lucky when we contact someone???...my god....green...I would not schedule anything for mod unless you are willing to wait extra months....that is based on my current experience. I just canceled all mine. Steve

Steve,

I know how you feel, I've been in that situation on numerous occasions. I, fortunately am willing to wait. I have a pretty cool ride right now.

In 1965 I was walking the car lots with my grandfather every Sunday morning. Little did I know that the line of white cars with blue stripes would amount to anything. That's when the bug bit me. Now with 2 grown son's (almost :P out of the house) I can just be patient and wait for the EXACT mods done that I want.

After reading many messages on this and other boards, they really have their hands full. It appears that they may have not taken some things into consideration. And, again, maybe they did.

Deadline, new product roll out, KR, SS modifications, mods by owners to the SGT, vacations within the plant, supplier issues, product outages, subcontractor issues, turnover within the facility, productivity of the teams, well......you get what I mean. That doesn't make it right and I am not sticking up for anyone. I think this has been a little overwhelming and more long term planing for the variables has hurt creditability.

I hope you get your car soon so you can enjoy!

Roger

IMO they need more help out there. I have been trying to get a grill issue resolved for a week now. We have played phone tag and I am now just going to bend the crap out of it and wedge it in. Its irritating but what can you do?

Webba,

Your right on the help part of it. Follow up from SAI would be great. Good PR during and after the sale. If your near me in RI give me a shout, maybe I can assist in the install.

PM me if you would like to chat.

Roger

Steve,

I know how you feel, I've been in that situation on numerous occasions. I, fortunately am willing to wait. I have a pretty cool ride right now.

In 1965 I was walking the car lots with my grandfather every Sunday morning. Little did I know that the line of white cars with blue stripes would amount to anything. That's when the bug bit me. Now with 2 grown son's (almost :P out of the house) I can just be patient and wait for the EXACT mods done that I want.

After reading many messages on this and other boards, they really have their hands full. It appears that they may have not taken some things into consideration.

Deadline, new product roll out, KR, SS modifications, mods by owners to the SGT, vacations within the plant, turnover within the facility, productivity of the teams, well......you get what I mean. That doesn't make it right and I am not sticking up for anyone. I think this has been a little overwhelming and more long term planing for the variables has hurt creditability.

I hope you get your car soon so you can enjoy!

Roger

Webba,

Your right on the help part of it. Follow up from SAI would be great. Good PR during and after the sale. If your near me in RI give me a shout, maybe I can assist in the install.

PM me if you would like to chat.

Roger

RossGT: Good post. Some times, like a few minutes ago, I read these posts and get caught up in the hoopla, but the real deal is I love my car and if I have to do it again I would do it exactly like you are doing it, wait until I got what I wanted then you have a car that really no one else has. B)

Yup,

This is now way beyond painful.

John is great on the phone, when you get a hold of him. I'm trying to believe they are WAY understaffed. I'm trying to be super patient on this thing. Mine has been in for a SC and lower grill for quite a while now (car purchased DEC 23rd) Got to Shelby in February.

I mean, John is a super nice guy on the phone, but it usually takes 10-15 calls minimum to get a hold of him. Mine is supposed to be off the rack now and ready to go. Being an early car, I'm being patient as I want it to get an extra dose of Quality Control (scoop, stripes, muffler brackets etc).

My sincere hope is that when it shows up, all the Shelby mods are perfect because if not at that point I'll be PO'd. The wait is one thing, the difficulty contacting them is also one thing. With both, I believe it's a staffing issue.

However, after this wait it really ought to show up with all the Shelby mods having been done right.

It does help that John is always great when you get a hold of him.

My hope is that when it shows up, all of this will be forgotten with the grin on my face.

Ross,

Thank you for your comments....and if I did not think it was worth it...I would have canceled long ago. I am hanging in there but it pains me to watch complaints, emails , voice mails, cell messages etc go unanswered for weeks and weeks....it just isnt right and reflects badly on the company and unfortunately our experiences. Maybe all will be forgiven if I ever see the car. Thanx for your words. It helps. Steve

I know in my heart, that when I get this car it will be well worth the wait. Until then, I'll watch racing on SPEED and ESPN2, go to some local crusie nights to see what's out there, try to catch a SAAC meet to talk to owners and read this PUBLIC forum. That will keep me busy. And then there is the modifications I'll be doing, the big brakes, ducts front and rear, quarter window panels, armrest cover, shift light and of course wheels.

Decided on going with the Shelby branded CS69's in black 9's and 10's. By the way, if you are ever contemplating the Shelby wheels, contact Michael Morris on this board, he gave me some very good pricing.

Boy............I need a drink :P

My understanding is that they are only working 4, 10 hour days per week. How about additional employees working 7 days per week and run 2 shifts per day. Keep customers happy and you won"t have any trouble paying for the additional help!!!!!!!!!

I would have thought you would have joined me!! :lol:

Yo fellas1 I spoke to JW about two weeks ago, to ask when will my SGT 2749 would be complete, he said it's ready to be loaded on the next truck. I ask about a lower grill with lights and brake duct and Super Charger, JW said it would take about 6 weeks to complete I decided to skip it. Next day I call and left a message to keep the SGT and do the mods, by the time he received my email it was to late the car was on tit's way. He suggested to purchase the SC and others mods from SAI and have them installed by others. JW also said when the install was completed he would send me the Shelby GT/SC along with a photo of the the install SC/CSM plate. Hope this helps Louie428

the car was on tit's way.

Louie, she must be a pretty car. :D

If you trust your dealer's work, consider having them keep your tit car upon arrival and have them install your mods. This all be consdered "dealer installed" and will be just as if Ford (or Shelby possibly) did the work. The key is that they do the work before you take delivery.

I could be wrong with the "Shelby Mod parts" but I think dealer installed parts are dealer installed parts.

Good luck and congrats.

Yo fellas1 I spoke to JW about two weeks ago, to ask when will my SGT 2749 would be complete, he said it's ready to be loaded on the next truck. I ask about a lower grill with lights and brake duct and Super Charger, JW said it would take about 6 weeks to complete I decided to skip it. Next day I call and left a message to keep the SGT and do the mods, by the time he received my email it was to late the car was on tit's way. He suggested to purchase the SC and others mods from SAI and have them installed by others. JW also said when the install was completed he would send me the Shelby GT/SC along with a photo of the the install SC/CSM plate. Hope this helps Louie428

What is a sc/csm plate you speak of?? jonathan

Archived