TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC Convention

ShelbyPilot

My wife and son will be out of the country during the convention (July 6-9) so I am thinking about going and taking my Shelby. The only question is the 718 mile one way trip. Is anbody else planning on attending? Are there any SAAC members who can offer some advice for a first time attendee?

In a few other SAAC related threads, I mentioned some great things about SAAC and the annual events. They are awesome events with lots of fun things to do. You even get to race your own car on the track. I believe that Mr. Shelby attends all (or almost all) of these events so you can meet him and have him sign things like car parts.

I will likely fly out there this year but am definitely looking forward to racing my Shelby next year when it's closer to New England.

My first year attending, I rented a mobile home and took my wife, kids, inlaws and my parents. We all had a blast.

Bring your wallet because there are lots of things to buy.

My wife and son will be out of the country during the convention (July 6-9) so I am thinking about going and taking my Shelby. The only question is the 718 mile one way trip. Is anbody else planning on attending? Are there any SAAC members who can offer some advice for a first time attendee?

I will be attending this year w/ a few friends and our wives. It is too far from New York to drive so we are flying in. We have had hotel reservations for six months. Reserve your hotel now. We also have Hertz GT's reserved as well. Last year we brought our "classics" and ran them hard on the track. If my 07 doesn't finish until June we might fly into Las Vegas and drive to Salt Lake for the convention. Reserve track time now. Rick

I just happen to have my January 2007 SnakeBite Bulletin on my desk at work so I scanned it in and tried to attach here. I keep getting errors. If interested in reading about the event and how to register your car, either go the the SAAC site or email me and I'll send you my scanned material. adams.shelbygt@gmail.com.

Thanks, I just thought about doing this last night. It really wasn't an option until my wife's plans changed. I have been looking at SAAC ever since I ordered the car. Being a member of SAAC is actually a plus to me about owning the car. I can't register yet because I don't have my CSM number. Maybe I'll bug John about it if my car is going to be too much longer. I'll take the advice on the hotel today.

I will likely fly out there this year but am definitely looking forward to racing my Shelby next year when it's closer to New England.

aodwyer,

Where is next year's convention? I couldnt find it on the SAAC website.

They usually switch each year west/east coasts.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my SAAC membership package today. I haven't had a chance to read everything but I did come across the Registry Forms. There is one in the package for the 07 Shelby GTs as well as the GT-H and GT500s. However, they seemed to be missing some of the options in the check box area. For instance it only shows two interior color Dark Charcoal with Dark Charcoal insets and Dark Charcoal with Crimison Red Insets. Is that even available. I haven't heard of anybody with that combination. No box for Graphite or Palamino (edit below). In the options section it has boxes for the Shaker 1000, Interior Upgrade and Sirius but not for the Nav, heated seats, etc. It does ask for a continuation sheet listing additional options and mods as well as a brief History. I am looking forward to writing that.

EDIT: I had a feeling when I posted it but was to lazy to verify. I know the tan interior is parchment. I don't know what came over me. Sorry.

I received my SAAC membership package today. I haven't had a chance to read everything but I did come across the Registry Forms. There is one in the package for the 07 Shelby GTs as well as the GT-H and GT500s. However, they seemed to be missing some of the options in the check box area. For instance it only shows two interior color Dark Charcoal with Dark Charcoal insets and Dark Charcoal with Crimison Red Insets. Is that even available. I haven't heard of anybody with that combination. No box for Graphite or Palamino. In the options section it has boxes for the Shaker 1000, Interior Upgrade and Sirius but not for the Nav, heated seats, etc. It does ask for a continuation sheet listing additional options and mods as well as a brief History. I am looking forward to writing that.

DANG socal get your car already ! :), i got 600 miles on mine already, i'm gonna cruze your street late at night and rev the motor up and down the street, you'll think your dreamin and at the wheel

Archived