TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY, I can't wait for You know what and You know when!!!

ShelbyGT/SC

.....my opinion is the 500KR and the Super Snake are for bragging rights only. If you take your Shelby GT, add whatever supercharger you choose, headers and a good tune you are going to have more than enough power to use. Go really crazy and have the engine rebuilt with forged internals and you will easily keep up with the 500KR and probably run pretty close to the super snake anywhere but a test track or Bonneville. With the brake package the Shelby GT is still pretty good competition for either of those cars on a good twisty track and a 1/4 mile. SAI and owners can do whatever they want to the GT500 but it still has that 300+ extra pounds over the nose. The mongoose kills the big headed snake with quickness and agility. Not by having its rearend stuck in one place.

Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous of the 500KR or the super snake. No I couldn't afford what either will cost. I would love to have either if I could. They are awesome cars but I think for reality all that performance and badging is for bragging rights only. Mine is bigger than yours........

I agree with you here, socal...the KR and SS will be extremely awesome cars, but for the most part I also think that the owners will just have them to say they have more power. They will be somewhat more exclusive, but like you said with a little work on your SGT, it will be able to hold it's own or close to it on either of the bigger cars. I also think that my black SGT is a much better looking car, especially with all the lower grille work. I already think that my SGT is super fast and i have scared myself driving it the day i picked it up, and i still plan on adding the SC later this year. I know that for what i'm using the car for, after i add some headers and the SC, it will be PLENTY of nuts under the hood for me. B)

Archived