TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AMY, I can't wait for You know what and You know when!!!

ShelbyGT/SC

????????????????????????????????????????????

;);)

I didn't want to frustrate anyone so I waited until tonight to post this original thread. The original thread on SU upset some folks. I honestly don't know what the story is (but I have some assumptions), but it will be big from some of the people I have spoken with. So, look for the headlines tomorrow (Thursday) everyone. Here is another post that I just found:

-----------------------------------

I am shooting for tomorrow....

Amy

post # 30:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...opic=7796&st=20

Amy,

It's almost noon in New York. What's up ?

Oh Boy, I didn't want to start any havoc. I waited until late last night to post this original thread. I thought for sure that it would be announced bright and early this morning; especially after AMY's quote on SU yesterday.

I keep refreshing the SU site and the main shelbyautos.com site to no avail.

Oh well, I guess that we have until midnight tonight (Vegas time).

:( <_< :blink: :huh: :o :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

....she's only posted on stnagsunleashed in the last couple of days. She wasn't over there much before in the last few weeks. I think because of the Barret Jackson Auction and NYAS. Then as you can imagine, I think she need some time off.

The secret squirell stuff is expected to be about the GT500KR, the GT500 Supersnake package outlined in this months Motortrend, and some other stuff for the GT500. Maybe there will be some stuff for the Shelby GT but I haven't seen any indication of that.

Good form Adam for not really saying anything. There was a bit of drama on stangsunleashed between people who had some information but weren't saying and those who wanted the info.

The secret squirell stuff is expected to be about the GT500KR, the GT500 Supersnake package outlined in this months Motortrend, and some other stuff for the GT500. Maybe there will be some stuff for the Shelby GT but I haven't seen any indication of that.

I will say that it will be interesting to see what happens with the whole production and mod shop issues/situation with all these KR's and 40th packages. Maybe they'll work to get our little SGT's out of the way quickly. It's amazing to cruise the dealer inventory stuff on the Ford web site and see how many STG's are STILL to be shipped to SAI let alone those of us waiting. There are still thousands left to do I think....some of these won't see the light of day until July at this rate just in time for the 08' model Year!

:(

I am thinking the GT500, GT500KR is what the annoucement is all about. FYI- The dealer who sold me my car said he would take my order for a GT500KR right now @$15K over MSRP, is that a deal? If it is I am going to buy it.

AODWYER what do you think of that deal?

I am thinking the GT500, GT500KR is what the annoucement is all about. FYI- The dealer who sold me my car said he would take my order for a GT500KR right now @$15K over MSRP, is that a deal? If it is I am going to buy it.

i dont know if your being serious or not, but if you are being serious. theres a dealer on the dealer forum that is offeing 25k over for any and all GT500KRs.

just to let you know

michael

Swedes, it sounds like a great deal, but I really haven't been watching the GT500 or KR pricing. Based on MM's comment above, you should probably go for it. I think there were some threads on stangsunleashed about it but I don't remember specifically. I've read so many things lately I am getting a brain overload.

1) As for this "announcement," SAI has very recently redesigned their "News" page and just today added the vert GT-H announcement dated for April 1. http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp

2) And, as Socal mentioned, stangsunleashed posted discussion about a potential Super Snake option for the GT500 announced in Motor Trend.

So maybe these two things are the "big announcements." Personally, I think there is more, but again, I haven't been told specifics.

Socal, thanks for the compliment. I had read that drama which was exactly why I waited. I have learned little things over the last few months and kept quiet (only told a friend). After reading that drama, I was glad I have kept quiet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I just read the SU Forum and Grabber posted the following at 8 pm tonight. Looks like my gut feeling was right (more to come).

I spoke with Amy 5 minutes ago and this is the update:

amyb is working really hard and asked me to post this for her. I kept our phone call very short because I know how busy she is. She really tried to get all the details put together and does not think it is going to happen tonight. One of the final steps is getting Ford to sign off on it, and that process is being worked on now. She said it is now looking like the announcement will be in the morning. She is sorry, but her hands are tied on some of the aspects that are beyond her control.

Again.... she said "It looks like it will happen in the morning".

Swedes, on the SU forum, some mentioned that the MSRP of the KR is $53k and another guy got $12k over that. Posts 359 and 360.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...85entry139085

.....The way I understand the Supersnake is the GT500 owner sends their car to SAI for the modification or a future east coast authorized installer. The GT500KR is a GT500 that is sent to SAI before the sale, like the Shelby GT.

I am waiting to hear about the Shelby GT. There seems to ba an awful lot about the GT500 and the Shelby GT seems to be fading into the background.

.....The way I understand the Supersnake is the GT500 owner sends their car to SAI for the modification or a future east coast authorized installer. The GT500KR is a GT500 that is sent to SAI before the sale, like the Shelby GT.

I am waiting to hear about the Shelby GT. There seems to ba an awful lot about the GT500 and the Shelby GT seems to be fading into the background.

im thinking about trying to buy a GT500 from another dealer ( dont have but one more coming this year, red stripe package) and sending it out there to have the package put on.

Hey bud or amy,

when can i send a car to you. im waiting on yall...

thanks for the help

michael

im thinking about trying to buy a GT500 from another dealer ( dont have but one more coming this year, red stripe package) and sending it out there to have the package put on.

Hey bud or amy,

when can i send a car to you. im waiting on yall...

thanks for the help

michael

Michael,

According to the new Motor Trend, the conersion to Super Snake will cost about $10K, and these will be even less common than the KR (which is said to be no more than 1,000 units, though Mr. Shelby has indicated that there may be more), so it will be interesting to see how SAI decides which GT500 owners to bless. Assuming dealers are not involved (sorry, Michael...) in the process, there should be no ADM, and this will be a DEAL. Good luck.

Stan

......I would say that $10K is way low. Consider what some of us are paying for add ons to the Shelby GT. I am having the supercharger, instrument cluster, hood, brake package, driving lights, brake ducts and dress up kit. My total was $12K+. Now that doesn't include installation of the brakes, the special edition 20" wheels, restriping the car, special badging and the interior pieces that are described. I would expect something closer to at least $20K (I expect more). I expect less than 1000 takers at that price.

MM,

I think if you could get a hold of one and do it up you could make a very nice profit. On Stangsunleashed they sai you call SAI begining today and get your name on the list.

....I think you will be able to get one. Even though it says limited I think that will be more because of the demand not the supply. If you figure most people paid between $55-70K for their GT500 and now the super snake package is going to be who knows how much. There will be some people who have that much disposable income but in reality I don't think there will be that many willing to shell out that much money.

I agree 100%. The Shelby, for most of us who remember, were for the piston freaks, the blue collar racer that loved his car liked he loved his family. Now it is the rich and famous who only can afford the new ones i.e.: Super Snake and the for that matter the New GT500KR! My dealer said he would sell me one but do I really trust him, I hate to say this but no. This world is no longer made of handshakes and integrity any more, it is simply made of money and if you don't have any close your eyes and dream your driving a Super Snake or a GT500KR 'cause that is as close as most every one here will ever get.

It is crying shame that most of the people who love these cars for what they are can not buy one.

Swedes car: 2007 SGT 5 speed with Nav

.....my opinion is the 500KR and the Super Snake are for bragging rights only. If you take your Shelby GT, add whatever supercharger you choose, headers and a good tune you are going to have more than enough power to use. Go really crazy and have the engine rebuilt with forged internals and you will easily keep up with the 500KR and probably run pretty close to the super snake anywhere but a test track or Bonneville. With the brake package the Shelby GT is still pretty good competition for either of those cars on a good twisty track and a 1/4 mile. SAI and owners can do whatever they want to the GT500 but it still has that 300+ extra pounds over the nose. The mongoose kills the big headed snake with quickness and agility. Not by having its rearend stuck in one place.

Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous of the 500KR or the super snake. No I couldn't afford what either will cost. I would love to have either if I could. They are awesome cars but I think for reality all that performance and badging is for bragging rights only. Mine is bigger than yours........

.....the big announcement was the super snake. Expect the MSRP on the GT500KR to be higher. Whatever they are estimating it says it will be higher right in the news link on this home page.

socaljafo - MT stated GT500KR 540 hp, MSRP maybe around $53K with the dealer markup this car could be $80K-90K, Spring 2008 is still a year away. Also in MT they talked about the C06 Vet changing to 704 Hp and renamed the C07. Looks like the start of hp wars! :D gor256

socaljafo - MT stated GT500KR 540 hp, MSRP maybe around $53K with the dealer markup this car could be $80K-90K, Spring 2008 is still a year away. Also in MT they talked about the C06 Vet changing to 704 Hp and renamed the C07. Looks like the start of hp wars!

Oh wow look! Another high performance car priced even higher out of the little man's reach.....geez.

Kia needs a 700 HP Rio........ <_<

Yeah, I saw what they are estimating but I am considering the Shelby GT program. There is a $10K premium for the Shelby GT package over a standard GT. So expect atleast that for the GT500KR. Plus the GT500KR comes with a lot more than the Shelby GT in comparison. A complete different hood (carbon fiber), premium wheels, and only 1,000 being produced. Also don't forget they estimate prices on the GT500 and the Shelby GT were both lower than what they ended up being.

Archived