TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT spoiler installed....

stump_breaker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed the spoiler myself after I had it painted black. It was easy... but not easy to cut holes in the trunk of my new baby. FORD supplies a template and it was a snap. The holes are the same as used for the regular GT spoiler.

I had a professional install the stripes. That wasn't something I had any experience doing. I watched him and it didn't look easy.

Looks great! Did you install the spoiler and stripes yourself?

Spoiler looks great. Congrats.

I will wait (till the end of time apparently) to have the car & decide which way to go.

I have been anticipating the clean look of no spoiler....BUT YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT!!

Thanks. My car is now non original, but I really like the look. IMHO. :D

You lovers can love and you haters can hate but I think this really added to the car. These are not the best pics. It's cloudy and raining off and on here. It only takes 4 bolts and six holes to mount it. :D

l_0dd8c84bd60759171d6f91fe0313c0c5.jpg

l_5c06984f2dfeff76faf163de98e67c30.jpg

l_ff25ce0ec8ec0530b4ed3ab20a2a2c0d.jpg

Yo Stump! I love the GT spoiler but add stripes on it and I believe it will look awesome!! Anybody have stripes on a SGT GT spoiler ,please post.!!

This spoiler should of been on this car from the beginning. The only reason some folks say they do not like it is because it's not Original. Heck with that, your car look AWESOME! And the Shelby GT should of came with this spoiler. Great Job!

Mike

Well said! Should have been an option at the very least. This spoiler is absolutly perfect for the SGT. Mine will have it, also!

Mike

Well said! Should have been an option at the very least. This spoiler is absolutly perfect for the SGT. Mine will have it, also!

I third that motion. I think the SGT was put together very quickly, as FOMOCO wanted it to be. So therfore many should have beens will be considered options through Shelby. I love the look it is perfect on the SGT. B)

Not that my opinion matters, but personally, I prefer the GT500 spoiler over the standard GT wing. I never considered it before, but now???? It looks really sharp as a whole with the hood scoop. What’s hard for me to accept is that I have never been much of a spoiler kind of guy. Anyway, thanks for all the pics, it’s definitely something to consider.

Yo Stump! I love the GT spoiler but add stripes on it and I believe it will look awesome!! Anybody have stripes on a SGT GT spoiler ,please post.!!

This spoiler has never, well from Ford or SAI, had stripes. I guess you could add them but then you would have double stripes right? The Shelby GTH (Coupe and Vert) have this spoiler and no stripes.

Not saying you can't get them but I don't think it would look good, IMHO!

BTW:

Best price, I've found, for the factory painted GT spoiler...

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAc...ROD&ProdID=7808

$99!

Archived