TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT spoiler installed....

stump_breaker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get your GT500 spoiler from? I feel SAI should have offered this one as an option in addition to the GT spoiler. Guys like us are going to buy it and put it on anyway, so I remain puzzled. Of course it has to be FORD OEM, so please pass along your source.

Have you given any thoughts to the stripes? Is SAI selling these or are they "protected"?

I got my gt 500 spoiler from www.atlantamustangs.com which I got off of stangsunleashed.com it looks just like the original and since they are advertising it on there website I would think it is an OEM part.

I got my gt 500 spoiler from www.atlantamustangs.com which I got off of stangsunleashed.com it looks just like the original and since they are advertising it on there website I would think it is an OEM part.

Also I would like to find out if the stripes are available for the gt 500 spoiler. Any help?

Also I would like to find out if the stripes are available for the gt 500 spoiler. Any help?

I am working on trying to get stripes for the GT500 spoiler. The set comes in 4 pieces. If not, it would not make the wrap around right. It would be way off and not match. I should know something this coming week.

Enjoy the weekend all!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

I had it tinted. 35% on the sides and 20% on the rear panels and back glass.

Stump,

I've been following your car posts. Your SGT really looks great. You need one more part to cover the GT emblem on the rear fake gas cap and I only have three of these. The jpg doesn't do it justice. In reality, it is silver on a black background. They are very sharp and crisp.

Just a simple decal. I've had one on my black 05 GT for about 2 1/2 years. I had about a 1/2 dozen made special when I ordered my car in 2004. They should have come standard on the Shelby GT.

I have followed postes where they have had the Tri Bar Pony, California Special GT, and just plain GT on the GT's going through SAI.

I'll post one and tell me what you think. This was a no brainer for the Shelby Mustang and should have gone on the car with Cobra logos IMHO. Matt Chicago will be really made when he sees it on your car.

post-1350-1140770322_thumb.jpg

I am working on trying to get stripes for the GT500 spoiler. The set comes in 4 pieces. If not, it would not make the wrap around right. It would be way off and not match. I should know something this coming week.

Enjoy the weekend all!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Thanks Bud! You da man!

Just a simple decal. I've had one on my black 05 GT for about 2 1/2 years. I had about a 1/2 dozen made special when I ordered my car in 2004. They should have come standard on the Shelby GT.

I have followed postes where they have had the Tri Bar Pony, California Special GT, and just plain GT on the GT's going through SAI.

Although it looks good, I've been tossing the whole snake thing around and I'm going to stay away from it. I want to keep the distinction between the GT and the GT500 since the general layman can't tell the difference anyway, hence all the "you didn't get the big engine?" shock when we have to stop and explain it's not the 500. In fact, I think these cars should be DEBAGED completely except for the Shelby on the rear and Shelby GT on the sides but I guess Ford would get P.O.'d at SAI over that. I would like to see the "CS" logo they use on the cap cover.

...I agree with a "CS" Carroll Shelby (not California Special) logo for the cap. I don't like the snake on the cap either. This isn't a GT500 or a Cobra. You are sort of stuck if you go with any of the Shelby wheels from American Racing. Otherwise I woun't have that style Cobra on my car. I think the newer Cobra profile on the new SAI logo is find because it is their logo. Like what comes on the engine dress up kit or arm rest cover. I could live with some version of that and "CS" on the gas cap. But I think the simple "CS" would be great by itself.

I hope you guys get these GT500 Spoilers posted soon. I really want to get a spoiler on my SGT, but want to see some pictures 1st. I like the GT spoiler but it is not going on my car. It's the GT500 spoiler or nothing for me.

Thanks Guys!

-Mike-

I would really like to see a pic of one of these with the GT 500 spoiler installed.

My car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet, but they are installing a gt500 style ducktail on mine-as soon as I have it, I'll send pics!! Hopefully that will be SOON!!

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/xl0/xl015-1024.jpg

This spoiler is the one I want! So now how can I order this spoiler and get the stripes put on?

I would really like to order this soon!

Thanks!

-Mike-

The spoiler in the photo is a gt500 spoiler. You can purchase it (unpainted) from any Ford dealer parts store. Get a pricelist from KC at clevparts first. Last time I checked, his prices were substantially lower than Ford list price. Check out the info at: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...286&postcount=1

As SAI-Bud mentioned earlier in this thread, he is trying to put together an SGT stripe kit for the gt500 spoiler. He indicated he may have info sometime this week.

I believe that there are alot of SGT owners that are contemplating this mod. If/when Bud comes thru for us it will simplify this upgrade significantly.

Mark

Did you have a chance to measure it. Top flat section = 8", rear fin, top to bottom - 4", is this what yours measures? Thanks

My spoiler is the same exact dimensions of yours. They are the same as on the GT 500. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

It looks BADD!!! (that's good)...I like it!

Glad I could help out

My spoiler is the same exact dimensions of yours. They are the same as on the GT 500. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

Glad I could help out

Thanks a million, now I feel better, looking at it when it isn't on the actual car is deceiving. Thanks Again!

• 3 weeks later...

awesome awesome awesome !!! I can't wait to get mine put on now that I have the stripes !!! wahoooooo !!!

Looks awesome !!!!!

Looks excellent. How is it attached. Is it bolted through the trunk lid. Again, it looks perfect.

yeah can you comment on where you got em and how well they work/match up? i think i wanna do a 2.5in cowl hood swap or a 68gt500kr hood swap but need to find stripes >_<

I got my stripes cut at SAI and sent to me...small price too ! Check with Bud.

Now..the local stripe guys can order the same material...but I preferred to wait and get them from Shelby.

My local stripe guy does have a program to cut them exactly for the GT 500 spoiler...which I think any good stripe guy would have.

Archived