TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT spoiler installed....

stump_breaker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lovers can love and you haters can hate but I think this really added to the car. These are not the best pics. It's cloudy and raining off and on here. It only takes 4 bolts and six holes to mount it. :D

l_0dd8c84bd60759171d6f91fe0313c0c5.jpg

l_5c06984f2dfeff76faf163de98e67c30.jpg

l_ff25ce0ec8ec0530b4ed3ab20a2a2c0d.jpg

Oh my....I know you'll always hate me for this and may never forgive me, again. The Gt spoiler was NOT made for the SGT and was only made for a GT. Now your car appears to look like a clone. AND you drilled holes in the trunk! Oh my God Man what were you thinking? No No not a fan at all. UGH:( :( Sorry Stumpy it just took me by a big surprice when i saw it!

I must admit it looks good on the car, but personally I don't think the SGT needs a spoiler. But if you like it, then that is what matters.

Also, how do you get your pics to show up like they do? Whenever I post attachments they show up as the clickable links. I know you stated in another post that you linked to myspace, but I don't know how to let the public view my pics. Would you please explain?

Oh my....I know you'll always hate me for this and may never forgive me, again. The Gt spoiler was NOT made for the SGT and was only made for a GT. Now your car appears to look like a clone. AND you drilled holes in the trunk! Oh my God Man what were you thinking? No No not a fan at all. UGH:( :( Sorry Stumpy it just took me by a big surprice when i saw it!

:D It's all good man. I'm not going to hate you....not forever anyway.

Also, how do you get your pics to show up like they do? Whenever I post attachments they show up as the clickable links. I know you stated in another post that you linked to myspace, but I don't know how to let the public view my pics. Would you please explain?

download you pics to your Myspace account folder (or really any host site). There will be an option that says "allow this album to be viewed by you, friends only, everyone". I check everyone. From there I open the pic to it's full size, right click on the pic and go to properties, copy the url address of the pic then when you make a post, click on the little tree at the top that says insert image. When it asks for the URL, paste in the box but be sure you do not have two "http://" in the box. Then just make the post

I am not a fan of the spoiler but it's not my car. To each his own and I don't think it will be confused for a clone. Anybody who knows about the cars will know that SAI is offering the spoiler as an option. Plus, out of 6000 cars I am sure there will be 1-2 that have add on parts that won't be offered by SAI.

....Samm, you can also have SAI install the spoiler if your car hasn't been through there yet. It might require Museum Delivery at SAI or private shipping to you. Both cost $500. It is much cheaper to have installed locally.

SammTexas, it's an option that you can have SAI install too. The link the all the options for the SGT is below:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/parts/MustangParts3.asp

The link to the installed prices is below (post #43):

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=894&st=40

I would really like to see a pic of one of these with the GT 500 spoiler installed.

I think it looks GREAT, and like the GTH, should have been on the car all along. Look, there is a VERY vocal anti-spolier brigade, always has been, that will hate it no matter what. There are people that will say, it's non-functional, but in truth so much on this car and others is non-funcitonal. Like the stripes, the side scoops, the hood scoop, the gas cap, or the tie you wear with your suit, it's for looks and as they say beauty is in the eye...

But to me, like the gas cap discussion, this points to a missed opportunity and an indication of the mismatch between what the market wanted and what we got. I loved the GTH. All the Ford materials point to this car as the retail version of the GTH. But it's clearly not. Instead we have a car that pays homage to some old cobra roadster with the hood scoop and fender badges. Sorry, but in marketing that's called a confused message especially when the car is positioned as the retail version of the GTH. This is a GREAT example of the issues with Ford marketing and management. Some how between customers and dealers saying they wanted the GTH we got this. Sure the engine and suspension mods are but looks wise, the thing I fell in love with, it's not! I'm spending another $2000 in mods (including the rear spoiler) to get the car I wish Ford/SAI produced.

Now there are plenty of people that will like it as and I do! But there are some tweaks, CS6 hood, rear spoiler, and I think now the gas cap, that are faithful to the GTH that I want to add. I love the car, but it needs some plastic surgery (pun intended) to be prefect FOR ME.

I love the car please don't doubt that, it's just not exactly the car I was hoping back in July/Aug.

<_<

I would really like to see a pic of one of these with the GT 500 spoiler installed.

SAI will only install the stock GT spoiler if am SAI install is important to you.

I think it looks wonderful, if you don't mind a womans opinion! Can you get this as an option from Shelby or a dealership, or is it only diy. If you don't mind me askin' where in Texas are you from?

As others have mentioned, you can have SAI install it, the dealership install it or buy off of Ebay and install it yourself. I chose the latter because it was cheaper.

I paid $69 for a take-off spoiler from a dealer and it took about 30 minutes to put it on. It probably would have taken less time but I measured 5 times and cut once.

Oh, and I am in Kaufman - 30 miles east of Mesquite down 175

....Samm, you can also have SAI install the spoiler if your car hasn't been through there yet. It might require Museum Delivery at SAI or private shipping to you. Both cost $500. It is much cheaper to have installed locally.

I did want to point out that while I am having SAI install my spoiler it is NOT due their price which I think is high. You can buy a brand new FACTORY painted rear spoiler from a take-off for $99. That means no paint and a factory quality job at that. Taking it to a good shop it's not going to cost you $400 to get it installed.

To those of you that already got your cars:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAc...ROD&ProdID=7808

Otherwise those, like me that want to show an SWI invoice, the info has already been posted.

Whether you pick the GT spoiler or the GT 500 spoiler; it dresses the car up a little more in my opinion. I happen to prefer the GT 500 spoiler myself. There are pictures of a black GT 500 anniversery convertable w/ silver stripes in the gallery section that should show you what the SGT will look like w/ the GT 500 spoiler. The pictures in the gallery are too large for me to post.

Stump - GREAT addition!!! I ordered the GT500 spoiler, don't have car yet.

Are you going to stripe the gt500 spoiler? If so, how do you plan to match the stripes? I have wrestled with this problem since I got my SGT and have not come up with a reasonable solution. Some of my ideas are

1. Paint it; find a bodyshop willing to try and match color

2. Get a sample of the silver 3m material and see if it matches. Order stripe kit and cut to match

3. Try to buy a partial stripe kit thru SAI (not likely)

Anyone have any other ideas?

Mark

Are you going to stripe the gt500 spoiler? If so, how do you plan to match the stripes? I have wrestled with this problem since I got my SGT and have not come up with a reasonable solution. Some of my ideas are

1. Paint it; find a bodyshop willing to try and match color

2. Get a sample of the silver 3m material and see if it matches. Order stripe kit and cut to match

3. Try to buy a partial stripe kit thru SAI (not likely)

Anyone have any other ideas?

Mark

I am trying to get some striping material from SAI, but my next best scenario is to have it painted to match. I spoke with a friend that has a shop and he assured me that matching will be no problem, as he'll also do the installation.

Guys if you can get the 3M number from SAI you can most likely get the vinyl you need from a local sign shop. Ask for either gerber or 3M vinyl. gerber is a sign supply company and they use 3M vinyl on their premium film. Hell the sign guy should even be able to cut the stripe to size for you. GL :)

As others have mentioned, you can have SAI install it, the dealership install it or buy off of Ebay and install it yourself. I chose the latter because it was cheaper.

I paid $69 for a take-off spoiler from a dealer and it took about 30 minutes to put it on. It probably would have taken less time but I measured 5 times and cut once.

Oh, and I am in Kaufman - 30 miles east of Mesquite down 175

Stump: I really like the spoiler. But another thing I noticed about your SGT that I really like is the look of the glass.........did you have it tinted or is that the way it comes from the factory/or SAI?

Mickey

Stump: I really like the spoiler. But another thing I noticed about your SGT that I really like is the look of the glass.........did you have it tinted or is that the way it comes from the factory/or SAI?

Mickey

I had it tinted. 35% on the sides and 20% on the rear panels and back glass.

I too just added the GT Spoiler to mine (WHITE)... And as far as drilling holes in the trunk lid, there was already a large black "blob" sitting in the middle of it already (Sirius Ant) that needed covered up...

I too just added the GT Spoiler to mine (WHITE)... And as far as drilling holes in the trunk lid, there was already a large black "blob" sitting in the middle of it already (Sirius Ant) that needed covered up...

PLEASE PLEASE POST OR LINK TO A PIC!!!!! I am, putting the spoiler on mine and would love to see how it looks!

Thanks!

I had it tinted. 35% on the sides and 20% on the rear panels and back glass.

Yea...I have the same on my 05GT...nice!

After seeing the recent pics from SAI-John (http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1027) I went ahead and ordered one... I also own a Black 2006 V-6 Mustang with the Pony Package and same style Spoiler purchased last year right before I rented a GT-H in Orlando... I put the gold "retro" Le Mans & G.T. 350H side stripes on it when I realized that I'd probably never get the chance to even bid on a Hertz car, much less afford to own one... I'd take pics of both but we are under a Tornado Watch and it's raining sideways outside right now...

Hey guys, I just said the hell with it and bought both the gt500 and gt spoiler now I have just got to figure out which one I want to put on. I also got the CS6 hood. It doesn't take that long to change hoods either so you could have one hood on and then the next day you could slap the other hood on. I am sure the spoilers bolt on the same way, however there is a seal issue there where they attach as rain can get through there without it being sealed. I think the car looks great either way----- smooth, gt 500 or gt spoiler.

Also wanted to let you know that you have a new member who has been going into DT's waiting for my car for a couple of months, it was done on 4/26 so it should ship this week, wonder how long from Vegas to Maryland?

Hey guys, I just said the hell with it and bought both the gt500 and gt spoiler now I have just got to figure out which one I want to put on. I also got the CS6 hood. It doesn't take that long to change hoods either so you could have one hood on and then the next day you could slap the other hood on. I am sure the spoilers bolt on the same way, however there is a seal issue there where they attach as rain can get through there without it being sealed. I think the car looks great either way----- smooth, gt 500 or gt spoiler.

I just got a GT500 spoiler, still no car, could you give me the measurements of yours, that is, the top flat side(front to back), and the rear tail height(bottom to top of wing)? For some reason this one's rear tail height doesn't look as high as the in photos. Much appreciated.

I just got a GT500 spoiler, still no car, could you give me the measurements of yours, that is, the top flat side(front to back), and the rear tail height(bottom to top of wing)? For some reason this one's rear tail height doesn't look as high as the in photos. Much appreciated.

I just ordered the gt 500 spoiler and it should be here Tuesday, when it comes I will measure it and let you know

I just ordered the gt 500 spoiler and it should be here Tuesday, when it comes I will measure it and let you know

Where did you get your GT500 spoiler from? I feel SAI should have offered this one as an option in addition to the GT spoiler. Guys like us are going to buy it and put it on anyway, so I remain puzzled. Of course it has to be FORD OEM, so please pass along your source.

Have you given any thoughts to the stripes? Is SAI selling these or are they "protected"?

I ordered it from the spoiler store, listed on ebay. Got it yesterday, unpainted, am very satisfied with it's quality, only concern was for some reason, and it may be just me, the tail portion looks shorter than GT500 photos. The tail measures 4", the top - 8". It was made from a mold of the original 500 spoiler, so I sure it is accurate. Stripes, now that's another issue. I'm sure SAI will guard their striping, but I will contact them just the same. These cars do get in accidents, so I'm sure that striping will be avalable somewhere, somehow. A body shop friend assures me that he can paint the stripes on, a perfect match. He is going to paint it for me, and install(if I ever get the car).

Archived