TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ride Height

07SGT0057

It's amazing how in another thread we are discussing how the average age of our owners is in their 40's but as soon as there is something doesn't go exactly our way we start crying like school girls. I am not refering to just one person but like others I feel it is a little tiresome. No, I am not a Shelby Kool-Aid drinker. LOL, you can ask them. I was among the loudest critics of the hacked up grill, floormat mis-communication, and bubbled stripes and I don't even have a car yet. Although I don't have my car and Shelby supplement I was well aware that SAI doesn't warranty the Ford Racing Performance Parts. Amy was upfront about that since the begining. They warranty Shelby parts.

EDIT:

SAI is a business, they are not just going to send you a $225 worth of parts when it is covered by warranty. Especially when the car hasn't been diagnosed by an authorized technician.

Well said SoCal. I would also like to add to that.........Why would anyone buying one of these cars complain about the $8,000.00 or so Shelby price. SAI is a business just as I am in business. I am here to make a profit. If you thought that was to much for what you are getting............WHY DID YOU BUY IT.

We here at Shelby install FORD RACING Parts on the SGT's. Those parts are warranted by Ford. But, if there is something small that I can do, I will. But there are also procedures to follow to have the vehicle fixed under warranty. I have to also follow those guidlines too. Sometimes I stray from them just to try and speed up the process. All of the warranty guidlines are in the Shelby Suppliment book that is included with the vehicle. It is listed on pages 36-39.

Exactly, your limitations prevent you from giving the RIGHT HELP I NEED. You know when you said in the beginning you were sending me new springs, I thought to myself "if this is the kind of help I'm getting from this company, then all mistakes are forgiven" but then the last minute you pull that company policy crap. This is no different to what the dealer "under specs" crap they told me- different words, same meaning, compay policy prevents us from doing further actions.

When you say you only warrant small things, what kind of image are you projecting? what everything below $100 we got you covered.. more than that, it cost too much so you are on your own?

As for your hood scoop, the hood pins and the muffler concerns, these were never brought up to me at all. I would have addressed them like I have address any issue that was brought forward to me. Now, have I given up on your Lawrence? NO WAY!!!!!! I am STILL here and WILL contiune to help you and anybody else in anyway, shape or form. All I ask is if you need to vent, email me privately. Then I will get back to you and even give you my personal cell # (Like I did for Lawrence) and we can talk and get whatever concerns you need worked out.

Bud

True, it was never brought up to you. I brought it up here:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=894&st=60

Just because it wasn't directed at you, you can't have an attitude that "you should have brought it up to me". You all represent one company. If one person fails, the image of the company fails.

I'm going to try what most of you advised here. Today I'm going to three dealerships. I'm hoping atleast one of them fix it.

Although I don't have my car and Shelby supplement I was well aware that SAI doesn't warranty the Ford Racing Performance Parts. Amy was upfront about that since the begining. They warranty Shelby parts.

Yes I hope this thread will help make new and future owners aware of it.

I personally think they are doing a good job for the most part. But Shelby is relying on what made them famous 40 years ago and they don't realize one thing, we now have the interent and things that took years to expose back then get exposed RIGHT NOW. Now they have the image of an awesome car company and with a little customer service they can make more money and have a better product than ever before, but they can NOT get greedy or stupid. If they do they will go by the way side for another 40 years!

Ok...I wasn't going to say anything more on the subject but I think we all need to take a DEEP breath and chill. People are making hasty generalizations, judgments, and claims without knowing the full details. Heck, we don't even know yet what the problem is!!!! Was it shipping as was first thought? Was it the installation? Was it the part? At this point we don't know.

Hey, I've had my share of issues in the process but I'm reasoned in my understanding of what can happen in a 4 party deal. In our case we have, Ford, SAI, your dealer, and you! We all have the right to criticize, I hope thoughtful and positive criticism that seeks to solve problems than place blame, but we also have, in a public forum such as this, to be correct in our criticism and not make claims that have no basis in fact. I have seen nothing here, publicly, to make me think anyone, other than the dealer, is acting in bad faith. Yet people here seem very quick to place the blame on SAI and give the dealer a free ride. I'm at a loss to understand this thinking. Had Lawrence come on here and said "my dealer says that the springs where installed improperly" and SAI failed to assist, or "the struts are defective", and Ford Racing failed to provide a new part and the installation, then ok...we have someone to look to. In this case we don't and because SAI doesn't want to go "willy nilly" sending out parts they don't know will actually fix the problem, some take that as a lack of assistance.

The answers, from what I've read, is pretty simple and I've already made that point. GO GET THE PROBLEM DIAGNOSED! I don't care where, or buy whom, just get'r done! Then we'll see where we're at and what needs to be done and by whom. Then, if things don't move forward, we'll know where to direct our internet wrath. :angry:

I sincerely want Lawrence to get his issues resolved but there is a process and he's had, from everything I've seen, a champion in Bud, to work it through, I hope if I have any issue I'll be as lucky.

Thank you Matt. Well said!! There is a process to go through, there will be warranty items to be taken care of on these cars, and as far as I can tell, SAI has been VERY responsive. Certainly more responsive than my local Lexus dealer who can't make the "Check Air Conditioner" alert go off in my wife's RX350, and Lexus is supposed to be king of the hill as far as customer service goes. So yes, a deep breath would go a long way . . .

WOW! I'm a little shocked.

Let's go back 40 years, it's 1965-1966 and sitting on the Ford dealer's showroom is a Shelby GT350. Now that car cost more than a Mustang convertible with a V8 and air conditioning. It has a 4-speed, hedders, glass pack mufflers, no rear seat, no air conditioning, sometimes a noisy rear end (locker) and very loud pipes.

Now, why would you want that car???????? Not now would you want it, but in 1966, why would you want it???? Your spouse would think you were crazy, your neighbors think your foolish and your parents want to kill you when you bring it home.

The guys that built the cars, in Venice California, were regular guys who could turn a wrench and sometimes not brake something. I'm old enough to have been there and currently have friends that did the work there.

After I visited Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas I saw the same activity going on there as in 1965 in Venice. Guys taking off some of the Ford parts and bolting on Shelby parts (and/or Ford parts).

These guys I'm talking about are not the engineers that developed the parts, or raced the cars, they are the young guys that bolt pieces on the cars.

When you go into the dealership and see that limited addition Mustang (Shelby GT) sitting there, low and mean, 18" mags, cool hood scoop, racing stripes, race purpose Hurst shifter, louder exhaust tone, etc. what did you think you were buying? This car is not the norm.

Why would you buy that cool looking car?

Maybe the Mustang V8 convertible with air conditioning is really what you should have bought, because you could complain to Ford about that car if it wasn't "perfect".

But don't bother taking that convertible to the track, or you can let it blend in at a car show.

If you are going to own one of these, why did you buy it?

I bought mine to run at Open Track Events, take to car shows, drive anywhere (not like a 65-66 GT350) and to enjoy as a unique performance Mustang. The 2006 Corvette that I sold was faster, handled better and rode better than my Shelby GT, but now I don't blend in.

I agree 100%. The 1966 & 1967 Gt K Model had a 271 HP 289 and the GT350 had a whopping 306 HP 289 CI, that is a total of 35 hp difference! Take the 2007 Mustang GT has 300 hp 281 CI, the Shelby GT has 319+ HP 281 CI (or 4.6) 19 HP more. So basically the same thing just 40 years difference.

Archived