TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ride Height

07SGT0057

Okay I think whoever worked on my car ain't paying attention to their work. The passenger side is an inch lower than the driver side. How can this leave SAI without them knowing? Since I've bought the car last week, I've been noticing that the car is leaning on the passenger side. At first, I thought it was the road. But then I went to several even roads and I measured that the passenger side is an inch lower than the driver side. From the ground to where the fender begins (lining up the measuring tape on the center of the wheel), my measurement is as follows:

Driver

Front 70 inch

Rear 72 inch

Passenger

Front 69 inch

Rear 71 inch

I went to the dealer and they said they measured the difference and it's under the allowed specs.. This is bullshit. They just don't want to work on the car. The lean is very visible and it's upsetting. I will upload pics later. Right now can someone give me their measurements so I know which side is the problem? because I also think that maybe the driver side is an inch higher and not the other way around.

Thanks and best regards,

Lawrence

P.S. are they rushing things at SAI that they can't control quality of their work?

Okay I think whoever worked on my car ain't paying attention to their work. The passenger side is an inch lower than the driver side. How can this leave SAI without them knowing? Since I've bought the car last week, I've been noticing that the car is leaning on the passenger side. At first, I thought it was the road. But then I went to several even roads and I measured that the passenger side is an inch lower than the driver side. From the ground to where the fender begins (lining up the measuring tape on the center of the wheel), my measurement is as follows:

Driver

Front 70 inch

Rear 72 inch

Passenger

Front 69 inch

Rear 71 inch

I went to the dealer and they said they measured the difference and it's under the allowed specs.. This is bullshit. They just don't want to work on the car. The lean is very visible and it's upsetting. I will upload pics later. Right now can someone give me their measurements so I know which side is the problem? because I also think that maybe the driver side is an inch higher and not the other way around.

Thanks and best regards,

Lawrence

P.S. are they rushing things at SAI that they can't control quality of their work?

Take a deep breath man. Everything can be fixed. I am sure you will resolve the problem quickly if you are respectful and calm. Good luck

Take a deep breath man. Everything can be fixed. I am sure you will resolve the problem quickly if you are respectful and calm. Good luck

I was calm but not after the dealer gave me that **.. I told them I'm going to another dealer to get their opinion and they gave me that :rolleyes: okay look!!! They said they spoke with Shelby.. I asked them what number they used to call them.. they said that number is for their use only and that I can find a number in my glove box.. what a *****..

Well I did call someone in ford customer service (number found in shelby booklet) and he seems very helpful. He wants me to send him a picture of my car and other info.. I guess I'll see from there.

Holy crap dude, that is a very obvious problem. I'm not understanding where you are taking your measurements. Explain a little better and I will measure mine tomorrow afternoon and post.

I just assume measuring from flat ground to the center of the fender well would suffice. It sounds like that is what you're describing but 72" is 6'.......

I just stepped out and did it anyway.

Measuring from the ground, along the center of the wheel to the fender well I got -

Driver:

Front 27 1/4"

Rear 28 1/4"

Passenger:

Front 27 1/2"

Rear 28"

As you can see everything is at least within 1/2". There could be minor variables but that should give you an idea.

Here are the pics.. Will someone be nice enough to measure their ride height please?

How can anyone say that's within specs! Guess what then, CHANGE THE SPECS! Call Bud and then post back here please! This is unbelievable! :o

Here are the pics.. Will someone be nice enough to measure their ride height please?

The car is supposed to be lowered, what, 1"?...hummm what does your measurements look to say? Maybe that the work wasn't completed or only one side was done as in floor shift change or lunch time?

Again please post back as you learn more.

Holy crap dude, that is a very obvious problem. I'm not understanding where you are taking your measurements. Explain a little better and I will measure mine tomorrow afternoon and post.

I just assume measuring from flat ground to the center of the fender well would suffice. It sounds like that is what you're describing but 72" is 6'.......

I just stepped out and did it anyway.

Measuring from the ground, along the center of the wheel to the fender well I got -

Driver:

Front 27 1/4"

Rear 28 1/4"

Passenger:

Front 27 1/2"

Rear 28"

As you can see everything is at least within 1/2". There could be minor variables but that should give you an idea.

Thanks man. I measure it from the ground to where the fender begins (lining up the measuring tape on the center of the wheel), here is a diagram

I'm sorry I think my measurement is cm.. My measuring tape is at work.. I'm going to drop by tonight to measure it again using inches.. i'll post later tonight.

Thanks man. I measure it from the ground to where the fender begins (lining up the measuring tape on the center of the wheel), here is a diagram

I'm sorry I think my measurement is cm.. My measuring tape is at work.. I'm going to drop by tonight to measure it again using inches.. i'll post later tonight.

OK, that's how I did it.

Driver:

Front-69.2 cm

rear-71.8 cm

Passenger:

Front-69.9 cm

Rear-71.1 cm

There it is converted from inches to centimeters.

OK, that's how I did it.

Driver:

Front-69.2 cm

rear-71.8 cm

Passenger:

Front-69.9 cm

Rear-71.1 cm

There it is converted from inches to centimeters.

Thanks dude, I owe you! You gave me atleast some relief.. At least now I know the problem is the driver side and not the passenger. So it looks like the driver side is 1 inch higher than the SGT specs. The question is, what is the fix to this.....

That's TOTAL **! How the $^%! can anyone say that's within specs! Guess what then, CHANGE THE SPECS! Call Bud and then post back here please! This is unbelievable! :o

The car is supposed to be lowered 1"...hummm what does your measurements look to say? Maybe that the work wasn't completed or only one side was done as in floor shift change or lunch time?

Again please post back as you learn more.

I called the number that is in the shelby booklet.. the number is 1800-367-3788 and I got a hold of this guy that says they handle these kind of problems.. So first I'll see what he can do for me. Do you have Bud's number?

thanks and regards,

Lawrence

Thanks dude, I owe you! You gave me atleast some relief.. At least now I know the problem is the driver side and not the passenger. So it looks like the driver side is 1 inch higher than the SGT specs. The question is, what is the fix to this.....

I called the number that is in the shelby booklet.. the number is 1800-367-3788 and I got a hold of this guy that says they handle these kind of problems.. So first I'll see what he can do for me. Do you have Bud's number?

thanks and regards,

Lawrence

Post up some pics of your springs if you can. It should be a simple coil spring system and it can't be any harder than a Jeep!

Sometimes new springs need to wear or it could still have the stock isolaters installed with the new spring isolaters.

Hi all,

When I get back to work tomorrow (Thursday) at 5am, I will check out the height from one of the cars in the shop and post it. The lowering kit we use should lower the vehicle about an inch and a half. After seeing you pictures, it looks like there is something not right. I would like to know when did you recieve your vehicle? Did it just come off the truck or have you been driving it a while?

When the vehicles are going through the final vehicle inspection, they look at the completed vehicle. IF, the vehicle had a dramatic lean like that, it would NEVER have left the inspection area. I can personally say this because I am out there at times when the vehicles go through inspection and even I have not let some vehicles pass. How can I do this you may ask? I used to be the QC supervisor before I was promoted into sales. I am still allowed to inspect the vehicles at will. My opinion is still respected.

What do I think may have happened? I do not know, BUT, I really want to find out too. And as for a secret number to call us---NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! It is and will always be 702-942-7325 At this number, you can reach anybody there. Now, there are times that we are almost on the phone constantly, but you always have another way to contact us---email. If you email us or leave a phone message, we WILL always get back to you.

I will always try to do my best in helping anybody. Thats why I am there. I will not turn anybody away. If you need help, WE ARE ALL THERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Now, here comes the part where I may not seem to be too pleasant. I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT tolerate the foul language on these boards. Now, a dang here and a hell there, is ok. BUT, the BS and the "P" word is unexcusable. There are younger people here that also read the boards. These boards are for everybody to read. Information to be shared, and secrets to be revieled at times, and friends to be made.

Yes, I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. I have been there many times myself. I know how BAD you want to vent your frustrations. Again, I completely understand. But please, try to refrain from the foul language. If you need to yell, scream, swear, piss and moan, email me. I will try to help out the best I can. And IF, I can't do it, I WILL find somebody who can!!!!!! Again, that's why I am here!!!!!

So, in about 4 more hours, I will be getting up and getting ready for work. I will take the measurements and post what I have found out. Again, if ANYBODY needs help with a concern or ANYTHING, CALL ME or send me an email, PLEASE

Budm@shelbyautos.com

Bud

Hi all,

When I get back to work tomorrow (Thursday) at 5am, I will check out the height from one of the cars in the shop and post it. The lowering kit we use should lower the vehicle about an inch and a half. After seeing you pictures, it looks like there is something not right. I would like to know when did you recieve your vehicle? Did it just come off the truck or have you been driving it a while?

When the vehicle are going through the vehicle vehicle inspection, they look at the completed vehicle. IF, the vehicle had a dramatic lean like that, it would NEVER have left the inspection area. I can personally say this because I am out there at times when the vehicles go through inspection and even I have not let some vehicles pass. How can I do this you may ask? I used to be the QC supervisor before I was promoted into sales. I am still allowed to inspect the vehicles at will. My opinion is still respected.

What do I think may have happened? I do not know, BUT, I reaaly want to find out too. And as for a secret number to call us---NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! It is and will always be 702-942-7325 At this number, you can reach anybody there. Now, there are times that we are almost on the phone constantly, but you always have another way to contact us---email. If you email us or leave a phone message, we WILL always get back to you.

I will always try to do my best in helping anybody. Thats why I am there. I will not turn anybody away. If you need help, WE ARE ALL THERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Now, here comes the part where I may not seem to be too pleasant. I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT tolerate the foul language on these boards. Now, a <bleep> here and a hell there, is ok. BUT, the BS and the "P" word is unexcusable. There are younger people here that also read the boards. These boards are for everybody to read. Information to be shared, and secrets to be revieled at times, and friends to be made.

Yes, I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. I have been there many times myself. I know how BAD you want to vent your frustrations. Again, I completely understand. But please, try to refrain from the foul language. If you need to yell, scream, swear, piss and moan, email me. I will try to help out the best I can. And IF, I can't do it, I WILL find somebody who can!!!!!! Again, that's why I am here!!!!!

So, in about 4 more hours, I will be getting up and getting ready for work. I will take the measurements and post what I have found out. Again, if ANYBODY needs help or a concer or ANYTHING, CALL ME or send me an email, PLEASE

Budm@shelbyautos.com

Bud

Hi Bud,

Thanks for your sincere response. I apologize for the foul language I have used as there is no nice words to describe how I feel. When you've been turned down by the people that was suppose to help you with your car problems is really hard to control emotions. But you are right.

As for the car purchase. I purchased it on April 12, 2007 at Southbay Ford in Rosecrans. The car was parked on the front near the door. I've been driving the car since I've purchased it. I got it with 39 miles, now it has 929 miles.

I'm going to an auto shop that specializes in working with mustangs to get my car lifted, looked at, and measured (AT MY OWN EXPENSE)-after the dealer gave me that "within the specs" line, I don't want to go to any dealer right now. I have work tomorrow but I'll leave the car to them. I hope it's alright if he might give you a call to verify the problem.

Thanks and regards,

Lawrence

Man I want to report that person at the service department for lying to me about the specs and shelby's phone number being a secret. Will that be a good idea to go to the dealer tomorrow and let the manager know how that person lied to me?

Part of me just want to let it go and focus on fixing the problem...

Hi Bud,

Thanks for your sincere response. I apologize for the foul language I have used as there is no nice words to describe how I feel. When you've been turned down by the people that was suppose to help you with your car problems is really hard to control emotions. But you are right.

As for the car purchase. I purchased it on April 12, 2007 at Southbay Ford in Rosecrans. The car was parked on the front near the door. I've been driving the car since I've purchased it. I got it with 39 miles, now it has 929 miles.

I'm going to an auto shop that specializes in working with mustangs to get my car lifted, looked at, and measured (AT MY OWN EXPENSE)-after the dealer gave me that "within the specs" line, I don't want to go to any dealer right now. I have work tomorrow but I'll leave the car to them. I hope it's alright if he might give you a call to verify the problem.

Thanks and regards,

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

I completely understand. An no, you are not in trouble with me yet :D After you find out what is wrong, CALL ME!!!!! I just sent you a PM with my personal cell #. If you can not get through on the main number, call my cell #. If for some reason I can't answer that one, leave a message. I will call you back asap!!!!

Now, as for getting your vehicle inspected and paying out of pocket, SAVE YOUR RECIEPTS!!!!! I will need them so I can reinburse you for your troubles. Its the least I can do.

Take care and I will talk to you tomorrow.-Remember, I still need your VIN#

Bud

Now, here comes the part where I may not seem to be too pleasant. I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT tolerate the foul language on these boards. Now, a dang here and a hell there, is ok. BUT, the BS and the "P" word is unexcusable. There are younger people here that also read the boards. These boards are for everybody to read. Information to be shared, and secrets to be revieled at times, and friends to be made.

Edited my post! :unsure:

Thanks Bud for the help and welcome reminder!

Good Morning ALL!!!!!!!

Here are the measurements I have taken this morning.

Left Front 27 1/2 inches

Right Front 27 1/2 inches

Left Rear 28 1/2 inches

Right Rear 28 1/4 inches

These were measured from the ground up to the fender well lip--center wheel.

Lawrence, when your vehicle is in the shop, have them check for ANY transportation frame damage. When it was loaded on the truck, it could have been tightened down too much. The driver may have "hit" the loading rails. Anything could of happened. If there is any damage, have your dealer file a transportaion claim immediately!!!!

Bud

Hey guys, just an update. I picked up my car yesterday and it's alot better. I don't know what they did, the guy that worked on my car left for the day before I got there. My new measurement is as follows

Front:

driver= 27 1/2

passenger= 27 1/4

Back:

driver= 28 1/4

pass= 28

Now they are quarter difference which I guess is okay. The lean is not very visible anymore but there still is, as you can see from the measurement that the driver side is 1/4 higher than the passenger. I'll find out on Monday what kind of work was done. Good thing is, they didn't charge me anything.

Bud, thanks for your very kind assistance. I'm glad that we all could count on you.

Thanks and Best regards,

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

I am so glad they fixed it for you. A 1/4 difference is really nothing at all. If you saw the measurements I made, you will see that they are just about the same. I would also like to know what they did. Again, if you need anything else, you got my number!!!! Have a great weekend and enjoy your car!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Well after asking many people to identify where the lean is, everyone still sees it. I couldn't take this poor workmanship anymore so I wanted new springs installed and requested SAI if they can send two new springs and I'll get them installed at my own cost. I just want to inform everyone here that SAI does not waranty the parts they install because they are "ford racing" part. I was told that my only option is through the dealership. So I guess the only part they warranty is the dash plate that has the shelby name on it. So lame!

Before my impression of getting a shelby car instead of buying the parts from ford racing and installing it myself is because I thought SAI will install them at the best possible way and will only install inspected high quality parts from Ford Racing.

Now with my hood scoop problem, poor pin designs, rattling muffler (which I fixed myself), springs installed improperly (the shop I went to had to twist the spring to the right place- it fixed the lean a little).. why did I get a Shelby again?

Tomorrow I'm going to get off work and will visit the dealership and raise hell. I tried to be as nice as possible but it's not getting me anywhere..

This post is just to inform everyone.. I already know SAI can't do squat and I'm done communicating with them.

For those who got their cars in perfect condition, you guys are so lucky enjoy it very well!!

Well after asking many people to identify where the lean is, everyone still sees it. I couldn't take this poor workmanship anymore so I wanted new springs installed and requested SAI if they can send two new springs and I'll get them installed at my own cost. I just want to inform everyone here that SAI does not waranty the parts they install because they are "ford racing" part. I was told that my only option is through the dealership. So I guess the only part they warranty is the dash plate that has the shelby name on it. So lame!

Before my impression of getting a shelby car instead of buying the parts from ford racing and installing it myself is because I thought SAI will install them at the best possible way and will only install inspected high quality parts from Ford Racing.

Now with my hood scoop problem, poor pin designs, rattling muffler (which I fixed myself), springs installed improperly (the shop I went to had to twist the spring to the right place- it fixed the lean a little).. why did I get a Shelby again?

Tomorrow I'm going to get off work and will visit the dealership and raise hell. I tried to be as nice as possible but it's not getting me anywhere..

This post is just to inform everyone.. I already know SAI can't do squat and I'm done communicating with them.

For those who got their cars in perfect condition, you guys are so lucky enjoy it very well!!

It seems like you never get what you pay for anymore and everything costs a fortune and everyone has an excuse why their problems are our problems once we pay for it. I am still trying to figure out where the 8,300.00 dollars in extra parts and labor is. I bet it doesn't take a day to put the extra stuff on at Shelby and I bet they don't have 2,000 dollars in material either. And they also know that Las Vegas is too far for most people to go and complain. I couldn't sleep at night if my car leaned. I would be down to the dealer with keys in hand and probaly throw them in his face or threaten to drive the car thru his showroom window if they didn't fix it. We spent alot of money, things should be right.

The one BIG advantage to us guys and gals still waiting on our cars is we get to see and hear the trouble areas to look for at delivery. From the horror stories we have heard so far, you know we'll all be looking these cars over with a magnifying eye before taking delivery, at least thats what I intend on doing. ANY problems and the delaer doesn't get my $, and I'll sooner walk away than go thru any of the aggravation you guys(gals) are experiencing.

Hi Lawrence,

WOW, I thought I have tried my best to help you out and have also suggested that if anything else arises, I am there to help. I have never shut the door on you. We have corresponded through private emails and I feel that this should have also been sent through private email. I COMPLETELY undertand your frustration, and I thought I have explained that to everybody. All I wanted to do was try to help you out. And also try to help anybody else here on the boards And I will continue to do so.

We here at Shelby install FORD RACING Parts on the SGT's. Those parts are warranted by Ford. But, if there is something small that I can do, I will. But there are also procedures to follow to have the vehicle fixed under warranty. I have to also follow those guidlines too. Sometimes I stray from them just to try and speed up the process. All of the warranty guidlines are in the Shelby Suppliment book that is included with the vehicle. It is listed on pages 36-39.

What I suggested was to have the Ford dealer inspect the shocks, strutts and springs and try to determine what is causing the concern. This was suggested in a private email. What if I just sent the springs and it did not fix it? It may be an internal problem with a strut or shock. Thats what we need to find out. I am sorry that your dealer did not want to work with you. But we need to know.

As for your hood scoop, the hood pins and the muffler concerns, these were never brought up to me at all. I would have addressed them like I have address any issue that was brought forward to me. Now, have I given up on your Lawrence? NO WAY!!!!!! I am STILL here and WILL contiune to help you and anybody else in anyway, shape or form. All I ask is if you need to vent, email me privately. Then I will get back to you and even give you my personal cell # (Like I did for Lawrence) and we can talk and get whatever concerns you need worked out.

Bud

With the exception of the above leveling issue as this is a new and hopefully unique problem, I have yet to see any MAJOR mechanical problems resulting from a SAI upgrade. Sure, a loose bolt here, a flaw in the scoop there and a piece of extra wire on the exhaust hanger whose repair has been discussed on this board but any vehicle you buy is going to have some issues. I can live with putting a 10mm wrench on a bolt to tighten it up but if the driveshaft explodes (like on my ex Dodge Ram), well that's a whole different issue. Come-on, I know we are paying a lot of money for these cars but some of these complaints are pretty nit-picky and frankly are being beat to death. The car is under warranty. Have it fixed if you can't or don't want to do it yourself.

I'm not defending SAI per-say but there has been very few instances they have not assisted and/or fixed the problem. Maybe some think everything should be perfect but that's just not going to happen. It's a man-made machine. It will have mistakes.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I am NOT flaming anyone in particular. It's just time to make the record stop skipping.

Come-on, I know we are paying a lot of money for these cars but some of these complaints are pretty nit-picky and frankly are being beat to death. The car is under warranty. Have it fixed if you can't or don't want to do it yourself.

I'm not defending SAI per-say but there has been very few instances they have not assisted and/or fixed. Maybe some think everything should be perfect but that's just not going to happen. It's a man-made machine. It will have mistakes.

Agreed! The problem comes when it's your car and that you've dreamed of and waited months for..that's when emotions get in the way or reason and good judgement. Frustration builds and soon we see posts like this.

I feel for you Lawrence and I'm sure you're terribly frustrated and more so each day. I would urge you to follow Bud's advice, find another Ford Dealer if you need to, get the inspection done, even go to an independent shop that specializes if you want a second opinion, and get to the bottom of this once and for all. We still don't know what the issue is so I can't see how anyone cam offer a solution. Yeah, it sucks you have to do this work but no one is going to look out for you better than you so make it happen. Get that info to Bud and to your dealer and let the warranties fall where they may!

Good luck and keep us posted with what you find!

IMO from what I have seen, heard, SAI has done everything possible to address the concerns, the problem is the TOTAL lack of confidence in the Ford dealer network, and to be honest, probably all dealers. It has to be extremely frustrating to have a new car problem and know you have to look to the dealer to make it right. Unless it is something that only a dealer can cure, I won't take any of my vehicles to dealers for repairs. It is a most frustrating, aggravating experience I don't have the time, or patience for. I don't even have my car yet, but you know that before it leaves the dealer's lot, based upon these posts of items to look for, don't take delivery of it until everything is retified, and this will hopefully eliminated as much as possible dealer contact.

Shelby is done with the SGT period. They are now working on the SuperSnake, GT500KR and all/any other "new" cars that can put money in there pocket. That being said, it is only big business at work. They have to pay their bills too. But Shelby had better watch out and recongnize where their new found forunes have come from and TAKE CARE of the people who got them their new found fortunes. If they don't they will pay the price in the long run. I say Shelby NEEDS to step up and take care of us people who have made you millions of dollars, $50M to be almost exact!

Archived