TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOT SuperCharger news!

SAI-John

Guys, New information down from the pipe.

If you purchased a Shelby GT and intend on Supercharging the car at a later time, you MUST DO THIS before doing the install......

Take the car to your local Ford Dealer and have the CPU reflashed back to OEM before starting the install.

The program from Paxton will NOT flash over the SGT program. If you begin to tear apart your car before you have the car reflashed, you will have to tow your baby to Ford.

Drive her there, have her reflashed, drive her home, do the install.

Any questions on this??

-John

John; I have discussed with Gil Cormaci at Vortech/Paxton the issue of Ford warranty. He informed me that they are finalizing an agreement to offer a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, but it is not available yet.

If SAI installs the S/C what happens to the Ford warranty?

Do you have to reflash before getting one of these? It will give you 25-40 hp (as advertised) and blow dry your hair when it gets wet!

It can also air up an air mattress!

post-1350-1139390942_thumb.jpg

Can you little Paxton do all that for only $85? :lol:

J/K - maybe one day......

John; I have discussed with Gil Cormaci at Vortech/Paxton the issue of Ford warranty. He informed me that they are finalizing an agreement to offer a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, but it is not available yet.

If SAI installs the S/C what happens to the Ford warranty?

I'll cut you a little slack here since you are relatively new. The warranty issue has been cussed and discussed several times in the past month or so. Look back in the forum for any S/C or warranty topics. At one time this issue was going on about 5 different threads at one time

I'll cut you a little slack here since you are relatively new. The warranty issue has been cussed and discussed several times in the past month or so. Look back in the forum for any S/C or warranty topics. At one time this issue was going on about 5 different threads at one time

Times like this I REALLY wish there was an FAQ.

<_<

<_<

Now that is a helluva idea! There are probably several issues (S/C, hood scoops, stripes, etc.) which would make for a great FAQ beginning. Could be updated down the road as things go along. Would be a great starting point for any new member.

<_<

Are y'all referring to THIS thread?

After reading it seems one should wait until the warranty is expired if you want a S/C - if you want to have a warranty at all. I read a lot of speculation, very little definitive information and then people changing the subject.

Not to beat a dead horse.......

I wasn't here then.

Guys, New information down from the pipe.

If you purchased a Shelby GT and intend on Supercharging the car at a later time, you MUST DO THIS before doing the install......

Take the car to your local Ford Dealer and have the CPU reflashed back to OEM before starting the install.

The program from Paxton will NOT flash over the SGT program. If you begin to tear apart your car before you have the car reflashed, you will have to tow your baby to Ford.

Drive her there, have her reflashed, drive her home, do the install.

Any questions on this??

-John

John,

Thanks for the heads up. If the guys at SAI that are doing the initial installs find any other unique "features" on the Shelby-Paxton setup that requires us shade tree mechanics to do something that is not in the installation manual please let us know.

Also, if they have any tips on the install that may make it easier/better please post those also.

Particularly anything related to the fuel pump mod, injectors, oil lines, mounting brackets, and/or relocation of exiting components.

Thanks again…

Well, I have a loaded question.

If Vortech/Paxton enters into an agreement to provide a 3 year/36 month warranty that covers the engine (and therefore take the financial risk out of adding horsepower), how many owners would be willing to have a 460+ horsepower Shelby?

The additional cost for the warranty is spectulated to be $200 to $300.

If Vortech/Paxton accomplishes this my guess is there will be a lot of S/C's sold, and not just for Shelby GT's.

Vortech/Paxton announced this proposal at SEMA in November for the C6 Corvette.

Well, I have a loaded question.

If Vortech/Paxton enters into an agreement to provide a 3 year/36 month warranty that covers the engine (and therefore take the financial risk out of adding horsepower), how many owners would be willing to have a 460+ horsepower Shelby?

The additional cost for the warranty is spectulated to be $200 to $300.

If Vortech/Paxton accomplishes this my guess is there will be a lot of S/C's sold, and not just for Shelby GT's.

Vortech/Paxton announced this proposal at SEMA in November for the C6 Corvette.

My .02. Several here have expressed interest in an S/C, with the warranty issue being the kicker. Depending on the warranty verbage, I'll bet there will be a lot of takers. My concern would be with "consequential damage" issues and how they word it. If you will permit me, picture this scenerio: I picked up my new SGT from SAI and am driving it home. Doin' 80 on I-10 (legal here in Texas) when all of a sudden lets say the S/C drive pulley comes off (bolt backs out, shaft breaks...whatever). Now then, the pulley flys up and hits the hood and puts a big ol' dent in it. Then it goes down and hits the alternator, or water pump, or p/s pump...or whatever, and does more damage. Yeah, I know this is kinda "out there", but hell it's a mechanical device, anything can happen. Anyway you get my drift, from a consequential damage standpoint. So the question is--who is responsible for what? Sure Paxton will repair/replace the S/C (where?), but will they cover all the other? The answer to that question might help some folks make up their mind. One other note, I responded to SAI-John in another thread that IMHO if the SGT could have a few more ponies, like in the 340 to 350 range, without a S/C, it might be worth an upgrade cost. There should be more of a separation between a SGT and a regular GT. At 350HP there would still be plenty of room for something in the 400 to 450HP range in the future. Once again just my .02

Shelby has had a relationship w/ Paxton for 40 years. They would not install them on the cars if they were not comfortable with the product. If anybody gets definitive warranty info please post it !

Vortech/Paxton has sponsored the Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club car shows for several years.

As president of LASAAC, I am in contact with Gil Cormaci, Director, Sales and Marketing, Vortech Engineering/Paxton Automotive and I have notified Gil that I am awaiting their finalizing the 3 year/36 mile powertrain warranty. As soon as I get word, I will let everyone know.

BTW, if you are in Southern California, LASAAC car show this year is on September 22nd, at the Santa Monica Pier. Enter your car and/or mark your calendar to enjoy the show. Ex-Shelby employee and Championship Sports Car Driver John Morton is our guest of honor.

BTW, if you are in Southern California, LASAAC car show this year is on September 22nd, at the Santa Monica Pier. Enter your car and/or mark your calendar to enjoy the show. Ex-Shelby employee and Championship Sports Car Driver John Morton is our guest of honor.

I travel to Santa Monica every month on business. While I don't think a drive is in the cards I will make it a point to schedule my trip to attend!

Humm...though a drive would be fun before the onset of winter!

Thanks!

Archived