TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Completed and Awaiting Mods!!!

GTHERO

tracker still says arrived at sai lol.... yes we have purchased the car, finilizing all options with john tomorrow and paying for them :)

Another VIN winner! :lol:

Who wants to "Spin the VIN" wheel next?

Will your be complete? Is it still on it's way? Has it arrived!?!?!

"Spin the VIN" wheel and find out!

:P

PLEASE NOTE: The VIN Wheel is for entertainment purposes only. Any result presented by the VIN Wheel should not be taken as the actual state of your vehicle or that you even have a vehicle. If you do not have an actual VIN you can still get on the fun! Please use the "SAI Random VIN Generator" so the whole Family, even grandma, can get in on the hilarity!

Another VIN winner! :lol:

Who wants to "Spin the VIN" wheel next?

Will your be complete? Is it still on it's way? Has it arrived!?!?!

"Spin the VIN" wheel and find out!

:P

PLEASE NOTE: The VIN Wheel is for entertainment purposes only. Any result presented by the VIN Wheel should not be taken as the actual state of your vehicle or that you even have a vehicle. If you do not have an actual VIN you can still get on the fun! Please use the "SAI Random VIN Generator" so the whole Family, even grandma, can get in on the hilarity!

MATT---You're losin' it. :blink:

....I think in Vegas they would say that is a no bet on GTHero's car. Likewise, mine only says "Arrived at Shelby" and it has been completed and awaiting modification since late Jan. There is presently no category on the VIN tracker for "Your car is sitting at SAI collecting desert sand while you intrest compounds on a car you are awaiting modification on." :P

SAI, I am just kidding and paitently, well sort of, waiting for my car that I made the choice to have modified before the shop was ready. Get things done right and take your time doing it, bot not too much. :P

tracker still says arrived at sai lol.... yes we have purchased the car, finilizing all options with john tomorrow and paying for them :)

Hey GTHERO!

Could you please fill me in on the process of purchasing the car prior to getting mods and having the car shipped to you? My dealer does not seem to think that I can finance the car (partially), get mods from Shelby, and have the car shipped to me. I am getting very frustrated as my car has just arrived at SAI and I don't want to miss the opportunity of having SAI supercharge it. Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks,

64peter

Hey GTHERO!

Could you please fill me in on the process of purchasing the car prior to getting mods and having the car shipped to you? My dealer does not seem to think that I can finance the car (partially), get mods from Shelby, and have the car shipped to me. I am getting very frustrated as my car has just arrived at SAI and I don't want to miss the opportunity of having SAI supercharge it. Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks,

64peter

Send a note to John Walker ask him to flag your car for mods (he'll need the VIN) and he can help you and set your dealer straight.

John Walker <johnw@shelbyautos.com>

Basically your dealer has been invoiced, or VERY soon will be, by Ford for the Ford Sticker. SAI will do their part and the dealer will get a second invoice. These are all the dealer needs. You use these to do your buyers order, fiance the car, and insure it, then you can schedule your mods. Once you pay the dealer the car goes to you directly and not the dealer.

Good luck!

Matt

Mine was a bit different than that. I contacted John who advised the dealer to send him a bill of sale....and I sent the check directly to John for the mods...just fyi. Steve

Humm..how do you get a "Bill of Sale'" without buying the car? You need both invoices to buy the car. You are correct about paying direct the for the mods.

Oh wait, maybe you misunderstood me. That second invoice for the Shelby work is the SGT Package. Ford bills one invoice for the GT you ordered, the second invoice is the one for making it into an SGT. Your mods are yours and you pay those direct as you pointed out.

Your dealer wont get a second invoice, for the SGT work, until the conversion has been completed and then you can buy the car, and then SAI will do your mods.

If this has been done some other way, it's news to me, and not how it was explained to my dealer and I by John last week.

But I don't work here...I just buy the car....

;)

Matt

Mine was a bit different than that. I contacted John who advised the dealer to send him a bill of sale....and I sent the check directly to John for the mods...just fyi. Steve

What we did is had the dealer fax over john a reciept saying we paid for the car.

Send a note to John Walker ask him to flag your car for mods (he'll need the VIN) and he can help you and set your dealer straight.

John Walker <johnw@shelbyautos.com>

Basically your dealer has been invoiced, or VERY soon will be, by Ford for the Ford Sticker. SAI will do their part and the dealer will get a second invoice. These are all the dealer needs. You use these to do your buyers order, fiance the car, and insure it, then you can schedule your mods. Once you pay the dealer the car goes to you directly and not the dealer.

Good luck!

Thanks Matt. Much appreciated.

64peter

What we did is had the dealer fax over john a reciept saying we paid for the car.

Yes, at the completion of the STG conversion correct? The GT price + the $8300 SGT invoice? I only ask because I wanted to pay for my mods now and get the hood painted and ready but John wouldn't do it until the SGT work was done, the 2nd invoice was issued, and I had officially bought the car.

Yes, at the completion of the STG conversion correct? The GT price + the $8300 SGT invoice? I only ask because I wanted to pay for my mods now and get the hood painted and ready but John wouldn't do it until the SGT work was done, the 2nd invoice was issued, and I had officially bought the car.

Excatly. as soon as the car was finished with SGT conversion the dealer called and said he faxed the receipt down to Shelby.

Archived