TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NAV VS. SHAKER

stump_breaker

Anyone have this in their car? Is it worth it to have this and lose the Shaker 500?

They are the same audio wise. I have the Shaker 1000 now but I am going to the Nav in my SGT. Mostly because it finally hit me that 99% of the time I am playing either MP3 CDs or my iPod. In each case the power of the 1000 is just wasted. Putting a 256 bit song through a 1000 is like putting K-mart speakers on a Sony CD player. Never going to sound as good as it costs. In fact I'll say that even a 500 is overkill in that case. Anyway, the Pioneer Nav system is supposed to be the equal of the 500 audio wise with Nav.

Do you really lose the Shaker 500. I thought it was the 1000 that was uanavailable with the Nav. If it is between the 1000 and the Nav, I say go for the NAV. It is a rarer option and likely to add more to your driving experience than the 1000. There is a modest price difference between the Nav and the 1000.

I have the Shaker 500 and didn't add the Nav because the ticket price is roughly the same as the brake package and I do have somewhat of a budget.

Do you really lose the Shaker 500. I thought it was the 1000 that was uanavailable with the Nav. If it is between the 1000 and the Nav, I say go for the NAV. It is a rarer option and likely to add more to your driving experience than the 1000. There is a modest price difference between the Nav and the 1000.

I have the Shaker 500 and didn't add the Nav because the ticket price is roughly the same as the brake package and I do have somewhat of a budget.

The Nav is a combination, Radio, CD, Nav system and totally replaces the Shaker.

....that requires an opinion also. I have Sirius in my commuter and in my Shelby GT. The only time I listen to regular radio is the drive into work and that is for local AM news. The rest of the time my Sirius is on.

Well, I just got off the phone with the local Ford dealer and I was told if the car was not ordered from the factory with the Nav unit, it can't be installed.

He had to call to check himself as he was not sure either.

Anyone have this in their car? Is it worth it to have this and lose the Shaker 500?

My car came with the Shaker 1000. My '04 had the equivalent to the Shaker 500.. Since I have used the iPod and satellite radio in both cases, the Shaker 1000 is kind of a waste.

The Shaker 1000 really sounds good wih FM radio- the subs really boom.. Although, like someone else said, they don't show their full potential with iPod/CD..

If I had the choice, I would go NAV... How much bass do you really need?

I had the Shaker 1000 in the first car ordered until the dealer drilled my bumper and I did not take the car. The second car, down the road at another dealer, had the NAV in it and I am extremely pleased that I now have it. The Shaker, in my opinion, does not bring the SGT into the new world so to speak & I love the way the NAV looks when being used for actual driving needs or just while driving it down the road. I'll take the NAV with the SAT radio, it's just a cool and very useful toy :)

The Nav is a combination, Radio, CD, Nav system and totally replaces the Shaker.

However it uses the same systems and wiring as the 500. It basically is the 500 with a screen. I got the NAV as the 1000 is nice but I like having the bigger screen for my mp3 player as well as the functionality. If I want more power I can always replace the speakers with higher quality ones and change out an amp or two if needed. I plan on listening to the engine more than the radio but when I do it will most likely be the SAT raidio I have. Again easier to read what is playing on the NAV screen imo.

2K to be able to read better......Ever consider lasik...Just Kidding :P

Ha! No, I see just fine with better than 20/13 it is just when you are driving that fast it is easier to glance quickly and see it. B)

My wife also liked the option and since she is paying for the car and all the upgrades I figured it was a worthwhile extra.

:rolleyes:

Archived