TEAM SHELBY FORUM

True GTH Version

MattInDetroit

All,

I'm planning on having SAI install the CS6 hood, llike on the GTH, and the stock spoiler like the GTH. This is the car I really wanted and fell in love with. I was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing hte same?

I'm going to store the stock hood in case someone wants to put it back one day etc., but I really like the CS6 hood better.

Opinions?

-Matt

All,

I'm planning on having SAI install the CS6 hood, llike on the GTH, and the stock spoiler like the GTH. This is the car I really wanted and fell in love with. I was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing hte same?

I'm going to store the stock hood in case someone wants to put it back one day etc., but I really like the CS6 hood better.

Opinions?

-Matt

Matt

I, too, am doing the CS6 hood and spoiler. I would have preferred a spoiler like the GT500. I think once I take delivery, I may put the GT500 spoiler anyway. From what I hear they share the same bolt holes and would make it very easy to do so.

I am getting the hood but not the spoiler. Also, thinking about having the hood pins deleted when I do but I am on the fence.

Yeah, me too...while I really don't want to deal with the rust etc., I do like the look of the pins and it's cool to take them off when you open the hood, and the GTH had hood pins. Will decide at the last minute I'm sure.

Matt

I, too, am doing the CS6 hood and spoiler. I would have preferred a spoiler like the GT500. I think once I take delivery, I may put the GT500 spoiler anyway. From what I hear they share the same bolt holes and would make it very easy to do so.

BTW: I was thinking of getting the GT500 spoiler. It's somewhat functional vs. the stock GT which isn't, but I figured if I was going to do this I should stick to the theme and get the stock one like the GTH.

I thought about this a lot and I decided to add the spoiler because it seemed to balance the car looks wise. The front end seemed too high without it, IMHO!

But there us a very vocal and devoted "spoiler delete" group and I do see their point.

....I've decided to keep the hood pins on the CS hood. It is keeping with the design teams intent. My car will be a driver but probably won't see much rain in SoCal.

Ok...you decided for me! I agree, if my intent is to bring back the GTH it's hard to then argue I don't want the hood pins. My whole argument falls apart then.

Here's to hood pins! :huh:

Same with my 05'...can be a bit unnerving.

:o

I am getting the CS6 hood with no pins on my white SGT. No spoiler will be added. Other mods from SAI are sequenntial tail lights, billet shifter trim, and painting lower facia white like on the preproduction cars. My car is due to arrive at SAI this week but John W told me that even though the mod shop is ready to go he is waiting on contractors to do the work. This was about a week ago and I have not had any updates since then. Anyone heard any updates on this?

.....as of yesterday still waiting for electricity contractors. And those who are getting superchargers, now we are waiting on the instrument clusters. They have the instruments but not the "dog house" as John put it. :angry:

The "dog house"? Is that where they're going to put the general contractor of this operation?

:lol:

If you opt to go with a spolier, where and how can you get the SGT silver tape to stripe it, that is if you go with the GT500 spoiler?

Ask if SAI can put the spoiler on and they will stripe it as part of the price. Advantage, it's done by SAI and adds value. If you go post delivery I'm sure they will sell you a few feet of tape to complete the job. And of course, as I think you are pointing out, the standard GT spoiler is not striped.

Archived