TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My shelby :)

sdear

If one goes with adding the GT 500 spoiler, where do you get the Shelby GT stipes to apply? Will SAI sell these to you? Thanks

My wife Sdear,has been corrasponding with Bud at SAI,and she was told that the stripes are made by SAI,at a limited supply. When the stripes are made and available,I believe Bud will let Susie know.

Here's a pic of wifey and HER new car. She had people at Ford yesterday,askin about her license plate lol.

Picture123.jpg

Thanks Autoplay, I spoke with Bud also, If you hear anything on the stripes let me know, as I plan on putting on the GT 500 spoiler and have to have the stripes

Oilman

I will be doing the GT500 spoiler as well. I would like to compliment you on your great sense of taste! :rolleyes:

This one is for those Zaino fans out there. I have bought the kit...claybar and all and am awaiting my car arrival. Did you do it as soon as you got your cars? Also, advise if you used a orbital polisher or did it by hand with circular application as other waxes. Thanx for your help. Steve

.....I have the box of Zaino already also but no car..... JOHN :P ............I am not sure if it was on the instructions in the box or on the web site but on one of them the real Zaino man, not Veagsty, wrote don't use an orbital it will just waste product.

I wrote topoftheline.com to see what they recommended and here is a copy of the email:

Robinson, Barry wrote:

Hi Guys,

Recently I purchased a 07 Shelby GT with high gloss black paint. I don’t guess I have to tell you how this black car is driving me insane with the streaks, and fine scratches. Your site was recommended to me but you have such a wide array of products, I still do not know what I need to keep this investment in optimum shape. Can you give me suggestions?

I need:

*To remove fine scratches and a haze that was cause by a Turtle Wax rubbing compound.

Why would you use a compound on a new car? Shame..shame

*Keep a protective shine on the car that car withstand the hot Texas summers.

I live in Arkansas and have used Carnauba for over 20 years. Wouldn't use anything else on black.

*Do as little work as possible (LOL)

I was told to stay away from Carnauba wax in the heat of summer as it will just melt, get sticky and attract dirt. Is this true?

Barry, try this combo: To remove the compound scratches, use the HT-357 Heavy Cut ( http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozheavcutp.html ), followed by the HT-61 Smooth Cut ( http://www.topoftheline.com/hitligcutswi.html ). Then top off with the Trade Secret ( http://www.topoftheline.com/toltradcarwa.html ) when the finish is perfect. An orbital would make your life a lot easier. Use the Smooth cut every 6 months and apply as many coats of the TS as you wish between.

Irene Bernardo

EDIT:

More emails:

Robinson, Barry wrote:

Ok, thanks for the input.

I was using the compound to remove some fine scratches that were already on the car. The Turtle wax made it worse.

Barry, that's the difference in compounds and levelers. Chemical abrasives as opposed to mechanical. Compounds will always leave horrible scratches. I never recommend them in any circumstance, even though we carry one. Hi-Temp has requested that we stock it for the old-timers still using old technology.

Irene Bernardo

Top of the Line

800-533-5743

www.topoftheline.com

www.topoftheline-travel.com

Archived