TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Grill Bracket Update?

MattInDetroit

OK, so just to clarify... a new grill will soon be available (at our cost?) even though most don't think their grill is bad...is the new, quality scoop (which most, like myself know the current one IS bad) coming next? Is that what I am reading?

OK, so just to clarify... a new grill will soon be available (at our cost?) even though most don't think their grill is bad...is the new, quality scoop (which most, like myself know the current one IS bad) coming next? Is that what I am reading?

The grill is at our cost.

The scoop is no cost, to be available next week, and is addressed in the other thread.

One day you WILL see it, the sun will hit it and you will be at the right level, and bam! There it is!

But this is isn't just about the grill. It's about a job well done. Not what you can see but the things you can't see. A sentiment where you get a car that is engineered well with a fit and finish that will last as long as those 60s cars.

The issue was, and still is, one of shortcuts so let's review:

- Rather than a new grill, that others offer, we have a hacked one

- Rather than the Ford Racing Filter, that usually comes with the package, we have stock

- Rather than a rugged scoop we have one that's too forgiving in the heat and bends

These are manufacturing or assembly decisions, I'll back away from the word shortcuts, and as a owner intending to keep the car forever, they should be a concern.

The issue is these are things we can see, challenges within the first weeks of ownership...

One of Henry Ford's noted quotations: "Quality means doing things right when no one is looking."

Archived