TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post your CSM number

crispy23c

Owner of Ebony CSM Number: 07SGT1102

Interior Upgrade Package

Mods: Official in Person Mr. Shelby sig. and Terlingua Stripes.

Future Mods work in progress: Billet Rear Control Arms, Tremec TR6060 6-Speed Transmission with Exedy Mach Clutch Kit, Custom One piece Drive Shaft, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, JBA Headers...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

07SGT1978, Purchased in Ontario with 2100 miles, August 10, 2010. And loving it!

So far stock, except for sequentials by me and rear wing not by me. Would love to know when the wing went on! First owner, are you out there in Shelby Land? Heard you traded #1978 on a 500......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought our black 07 SGT0767 in March 2007.

We had originally looked at a GT/CS but really wanted a Shelby. Found that one of the local dealers had a black GT in their show room so we took a little ride to look at it. After about an hour of dickering becuase there ADM was so high, they were not even close to a good deal. We even took them onto Ebay to prove that a GT could be bought for a lot less. They told us that a buyer had just flown in from Florida and was at the airport to buy the car at their price with full ADM. We gave them our final offer which was more than the Ebay pricing since we would not need to have the car shipped. While they were off discussing our offer, we used their computer and executed a BUY IT NOW. When they came back and still refused to budge, we told them we had just bought one and left. As we left, the saleman and the manager followed us out but we simply told them that the buyer at the airport could have it.

She has a little over 12k miles now and still is a joy to drive.

Edited by SGT0767

We had originally looked at a GT/CS but really wanted a Shelby. Found that one of the local dealers had a black GT in their show room so we took a little ride to look at it. After about an hour of dickering becuase there ADM was so high, they were not even close to a good deal. We even took them onto Ebay to prove that a GT could be bought for a lot less. They told us that a buyer had just flown in from Florida and was at the airport to buy the car at their price with full ADM. We gave them our final offer which was more than the Ebay pricing since we would not need to have the car shipped. While they were off discussing our offer, we used their computer and executed a BUY IT NOW. When they came back and still refused to budge, we told them we had just bought one and left. As we left, the saleman and the manager followed us out but we simply told them that the buyer at the airport could have it.

That's a great story!!

That is Classic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I never posted my info here...

CSM 07SGT0822

Performance White

Automatic

"Casper"

Was looking for a Mustang and came across mine on a dealer web site. Was leary at first because of the price and almost did not make the trip to go look at it. Since the hood was aftermarket and the top stripes were removed, I was not overly confident of the authenticity based on their photos. So my wife talks me in to making the trip "just to look" so before I leave I sent an email to Steven Thorton of Shelby, with the VIN asking if it was an authentic Shelby.

When we got to the dealership (Jeep dealership) the salesman was very nice and upfront. He did not have much knowledge of Fords or Mustangs and was even trying to convince me that someone may have been simply trying to make this Mustang look like a Shelby, and that it may be just a regular Mustang GT. His boss did not know how to verify the information either, and it was after hours for most places, but they were calling all of their friends they thought would know about how to tell if it was a real Shelby. Nobody could come up with a definitive answer, and so we agreed to negotiate based on a regular GT pricing. While we were negotiating, I revieved a response to my email stating it was indeed an authentic Shelby, year, color transmission all a match!!

This is where it got funny...my wife actually did the role reversal on the salesman (knowing the great deal we were working) and asked him "what can we do to close this deal tonight"? We stayed at the dealership until 11:30pm, but drove away in a performance white Shelby GT! :yahoo:

Edited by spacecoastshelby

Guess I never posted my info here...

CSM 07SGT0822

Performance White

Automatic

"Casper"

Was looking for a Mustang and came across mine on a dealer web site. Was leary at first because of the price and almost did not make the trip to go look at it. Since the hood was aftermarket and the top stripes were removed, I was not overly confident of the authenticity based on their photos. So my wife talks me in to making the trip "just to look" so before I leave I sent an email to Steven Thorton of Shelby, with the VIN asking if it was an authentic Shelby.

When we got to the dealership (Jeep dealership) the salesman was very nice and upfront. He did not have much knowledge of Fords or Mustangs and was even trying to convince me that someone may have been simply trying to make this Mustang look like a Shelby, and that it may be just a regular Mustang GT. His boss did not know how to verify the information either, and it was after hours for most places, but they were calling all of their friends they thought would know about how to tell if it was a real Shelby. Nobody could come up with a definitive answer, and so we agreed to negotiate based on a regular GT pricing. While we were negotiating, I revieved a response to my email stating it was indeed an authentic Shelby, year, color transmission all a match!!

This is where it got funny...my wife actually did the role reversal on the salesman (knowing the great deal we were working) and asked him "what can we do to close this deal tonight"? We stayed at the dealership until 11:30pm, but drove away in a performance white Shelby GT! :yahoo:

cool!