TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post your CSM number

crispy23c

got the word yesterday that 08SGT1375 is waiting for me in vegas! should find out tomorrow when i can do the museum delivery. good thing i stocked up on sleeping pills or i'd be a mess trying to wait!!!

Mo,

Did you find out when you can pick up your vert?

Mo,

Did you find out when you can pick up your vert?

Hi Dig-It,

I finally talked to Adrianne at Shelby today. Can't go next week because of a private party they're holding (Shelby's b-day I assume) so I had to settle for Jan 18.

We live in Denver and it's not the best time of year to drive her back so we're currently weighing our options: should we drive down and tow back with cover on her? or fly down and drive back with uhaul trailer rental points considered in advance? jan is usually a pretty dry month in colorado but the gravel and mag chloride on the roads remains all winter.

we also went to the dealer and PAID for her today. got the tags and registration in the kitchen. kinda weird going to the dealer and parting with so much cash then driving away in the same old car I drove there with!

holy crap i'm so excited!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: (times infinity + 1)

Edited by MoTheDigitalDiva

Hi Dig-It,

I finally talked to Adrianne at Shelby today. Can't go next week because of a private party they're holding (Shelby's b-day I assume) so I had to settle for Jan 18.

We live in Denver and it's not the best time of year to drive her back so we're currently weighing our options: should we drive down and tow back with cover on her? or fly down and drive back with uhaul trailer rental points considered in advance? jan is usually a pretty dry month in colorado but the gravel and mag chloride on the roads remains all winter.

we also went to the dealer and PAID for her today. got the tags and registration in the kitchen. kinda weird going to the dealer and parting with so much cash then driving away in the same old car I drove there with!

That's great news!

If you do put a car cover on and tow it, make sure the cover is on tight enough so that it won't cause any damage to your paint by flapping in the wind.

Las Vegas to Denver in January - I don't think there's any way to get out of washing it once you get it home. My concern would be flying gravel and other missle hazards to the paint.

Hey Gang,

I have been on the Shelby forums site for a good while now, and I mostly resided in the CS6/CS8 section of the forums. But today I am completing a deal with a Dallas/Ft. Worth dealer who has a few 2007 SGTs' on the lot and I am purchasing 07SGT1967!!!!!!! (The year I was born!!) The asking price was $34,888.00 and I qualified with 0% APR from FMCC. A few posts back someone was asking where 1967 was? Well it will be garaged in Racine, WI. Sadly my CS8 will be my trade in on this deal. If you like to see my CS8 that I am trading in go to www.flickr.com and type SHELBY CS8 in the search window and I own the Blue with the white stripes. I am currently in the USAF and I am just waiting for next week to take a couple days leave to drive down and get it. Good thing I gave the dealer a deposit to hold it. :lol:

BLACK 07SGT1967

Charcoal Leather Interior

5 Speed Man

Shaker 1000`

Black 18' rims w/ polished outer lip

WI License plate "C SHELBY"

( Hey All! Does anyone know were CSM 1965,66,67 are? That would be neat!! ) 1967 is in Wisconsin! :D

Edited by Flyingbadger2001

Hi Dig-It,

Did you consider taking the museum delivery but shipping the car after? I know people that have done that. Toy around with the car for the weekend and then leave it at SAI for them to ship to their home or the local dealer. I believe you already have paid to have it shipped to the dealer so I guess, given you won't be driving it much anyway, why you would want to take the chance, and hassle, of transporting it yourself. Just asking...

Did you consider taking the museum delivery but shipping the car after? I know people that have done that. Toy around with the car for the weekend and then leave it at SAI for them to ship to their home or the local dealer. I believe you already have paid to have it shipped to the dealer so I guess, given you won't be driving it much anyway, why you would want to take the chance, and hassle, of transporting it yourself. Just asking...

Now thats an idea we did not consider. Great suggestion - now our option #3.

I guess I would want to take the chance of trying to get her back to Denver because the thought of the dealer getting a chance of putting one of their stickers on the back is enuf to make my head explode. Could have her shipped to the house for another $500 but I'd rather use that cash to upgrade some suspension stuff or just plain gas her up! Of course a uhaul trailer is also around $500. So many decisions, but boy are they great ones to think about! Now if only I can get some sleep.

Las Vegas to Denver in January - I don't think there's any way to get out of washing it once you get it home. My concern would be flying gravel and other missle hazards to the paint.

missiles are exactly what we fear most. today we are leaning towards driving it the southern route (through new mexico and up i-25 rather then via i-70 and the rocky mountains) and hiring some friends in the indy car biz to put her in one of their enclosed trailers around raton pass to get her safely through colorado. i know it snows sometimes in new mexico so i'm really not sure if thats going to be any better.

Now thats an idea we did not consider. Great suggestion - now our option #3.

I guess I would want to take the chance of trying to get her back to Denver because the thought of the dealer getting a chance of putting one of their stickers on the back is enuf to make my head explode. Could have her shipped to the house for another $500 but I'd rather use that cash to upgrade some suspension stuff or just plain gas her up! Of course a uhaul trailer is also around $500. So many decisions, but boy are they great ones to think about! Now if only I can get some sleep.

Understand. Just do as I did! I told my dealer DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR in anyway NO STICKERS, NO FRONT PLATE BRACKET! Told them to call me when they get the call from the transport company that the car is in route and the expected delivery date/time and I WILL BE THERE. Worked for me and I was there an hour early just to be sure! :waiting:

Good luck!

missiles are exactly what we fear most. today we are leaning towards driving it the southern route (through new mexico and up i-25 rather then via i-70 and the rocky mountains) and hiring some friends in the indy car biz to put her in one of their enclosed trailers around raton pass to get her safely through colorado. i know it snows sometimes in new mexico so i'm really not sure if thats going to be any better.

Hi - Congrats on your SGT! I am having my coupe sent to the mod shop. Bud just sent me the invoice for my mods. The real cool thing is he included the CSM#08SGT1333 that I did not have before! :happy feet:

BTW - I am in CO Springs and decided to go for the SAI delivery direct to my house for $500.

Edited by chigl

Mo, Congratulations. You'll love your new SGT. My advice is get the home delivery. It's such a cool feeling seeing that truck turn the corner and having it delivered to your front door. The 500.00 is money well spent for piece of mind, a whole lot less stress and our truck driver communicated with us the whole way from Vegas. Good luck on your decision. Here's a pic of what it looks like it.

post-7426-1199854305_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1199854305_thumb.jpg

Received delivery of 08SGT0072, Grabber Orange GT-C on Sunday, January 6 at 4:30 PM by Horseless Carriage Classic Auto Carriers door to door enclosed transport. The car was purchased from Ford West in Bellflower, CA on December 6. Doing the paperwork across the country and setting up delivery during the Christmas holidays took a month, but the beauty is safely home in Concord, NC :yahoo: . This is my first new Mustang since May 1964 and the first Shelby I have ever owned.