TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt preorder my shelby i just basically bought mine from a Ford dealership in town that had one in the showroom. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles which i dont mind because i like mine simple and straight forward.

>>>>>BUT<<<< and thats a BIG BUT...the only thing i didnt realize till after i bought it is that its missing the OIL PRESSURE and VOLTEMETER guages :huh: :blink:

my other vehicles that i have owned which have all been trucks have had the tach, temp, oil pres., volt guages... i know some GTs have the full guage cluster.... for the life of me i dont know why i didnt notice that my shelby are missing some guages. i guess i was too busy lickin my lips over the car itself to notice.

this car has a standard tranny. u'd think that being a high performance car and a "shelby" they would have got them from the ford factory with full guage features. oh well, no disrespect toward SAI, its just somethin thats easily overlooked. its funny though because the guage cluster one of the things i was goin to check before making the perchase... i did test drive it... i was too busy gettin used to the Hurst shifter and tryin to navigate the downtown traffic to even look down at the dash :wacko:

is there any way i can have my guage cluster changed by the dealership or whoever so i can have all the guages i want or am i stuck with relying on a couple of extra "idiot" lights. and if i could have it changed, will it depreciate the value of the car? i'd hate to have to get some aftermarket guage kit and drill holes all over my dash :unsure:

fatboy,

It sounds like you bought a car that did not have the Interior Upgrade Package ordered by the dealer. It was the dealers fault not SAI's. Yes Ford and SAI could have made all the cars with the extra two gauges but it would have to been part of the upfitter package or required option.

That being said. You can purchase the instrument face of the interior upgrade package and have a Ford dealer install it. I know we have atleast one member that has done that. Hopefully they will chime in or maybe search for the thread. However, the oil pressures gauge on the interior upgrade package is not much more then an idiot gauge itself. The needle dosen't move under different engine conditions. Except for running or not running. Where as my added on oil pressure gauges varies from 25psi at idle to 75psi under heavy acceleration.

The Shelby instrument cluster isn't drilled to the dash. It has brackets on the forward anf aft end of it plus tape to stick (sort of) to the dash). There are also pillar options that some have done that are bolt on.

Happy Hunting

fatboy,

It sounds like you bought a car that did not have the Interior Upgrade Package ordered by the dealer. It was the dealers fault not SAI's. Yes Ford and SAI could have made all the cars with the extra two gauges but it would have to been part of the upfitter package or required option.

That being said. You can purchase the instrument face of the interior upgrade package and have a Ford dealer install it. I know we have atleast one member that has done that. Hopefully they will chime in or maybe search for the thread. However, the oil pressures gauge on the interior upgrade package is not much more then an idiot gauge itself. The needle dosen't move under different engine conditions. Except for running or not running. Where as my added on oil pressure gauges varies from 25psi at idle to 75psi under heavy acceleration.

The Shelby instrument cluster isn't drilled to the dash. It has brackets on the forward anf aft end of it plus tape to stick (sort of) to the dash). There are also pillar options that some have done that are bolt on.

Happy Hunting

yea i kinda wondered why oil guage needles didnt move much, i just kinda thought maybe if God forbid if it ever happens that when i get oil change that they forget to put the drain plug back on or didnt secure it good that maybe the guage would flatten out from loss of oil pressure due to oil level dropping and i would maybe stop and shut off motor before damage occurs...i know the voltemeter worked on my 95 f-150 because when my alternator went out, the volt guage dropped to 0...to be honest the guage cluster on the mustangs are not easy to see. its like tryin to peer into a black hole and i kinda wish the tach was on the right hand side because my arm is in the way being that i drive a stick with the left hand on the wheel's 12 o'clock position <_< . i kinda curious about the "my colors" option and like to be able to alternate colors but thats not really important.

if i'm not mistaken i saw the center dash mounted tripple guage cluster in ur car? i liked that...but i dont have a need for a boost meter being that i dont have the supercharger. but do they have that center dash mount cluster for just oil and volt?

thanks,

fatboy

Very nice Socal. Im very jealous. I think you should leave the strut tower brace on though. Do you have a list on here of everything you have done to your SGT? I personally like the idea of leaving the car unmodded, but also think your car might be the nicest SGT ive seen. A real piece of art.

I think I will be leaving the plenum cover on but taking the strut brace off except for shows. I do like the look with the brace but it DOES NOT fit over the plenum cover. You can make it sort of fit with washers but the clearance is about 2 sheets of paper and I have about $500 invested in that plenum cover. Also with the washers the braces doesn't sit on the body like it is designed to and I think it could harm the strut mounting bolts. I am not pushing the car to a point where the strut brace makes a difference.

I will try to put my modification list together later.

I think I will be leaving the plenum cover on but taking the strut brace off except for shows. I do like the look with the brace but it DOES NOT fit over the plenum cover. You can make it sort of fit with washers but the clearance is about 2 sheets of paper and I have about $500 invested in that plenum cover. Also with the washers the braces doesn't sit on the body like it is designed to and I think it could harm the strut mounting bolts. I am not pushing the car to a point where the strut brace makes a difference.

I will try to put my modification list together later.

Looks great as always! When we started we had the same list of mods..mine has changed some but you have added some great additions too! I have to play catch up when I get back.

:lol:

Thanks all.

Reino, here is the list:

Shelby Mod Shop installed:

Supercharger, polished

CS/Hertz hood

Shelby Engine caps

Instrument Cluster

Baer Brake Package

Lower grill

Driving lights

Brake ducts

Sequential Tail lights

Installed after delivery:

20" American Racing GT40 wheels

Toyo T1R tires

Fays2 Watts Link

Granatelli rear control arms

14" Antenna

Tinted windows

Steeda Hood struts, painted

Painted Mirrors

Tail Light Trim, painted

Plenum Cover, signed by Mr. Shelby

Things I still want to do but will have to wait awhile:

Powder coat the cam covers

Coil covers (if anybody develops them)

One piece drive shaft

JBA Headers

....and I am sure I will see or think of some others.

beautiful Socal, great job.

Maybe there should be a forum "survey" for the baddest SGT (so far) in the land?

Between lets say: You, Adam, Roger (eligible in just days), louie, dave & sherri, SGTinBC....am I forgeting anyone?

OK, anyone can submit a photo of their SGT for consideration..........

Thanks but I love them all from Ilmor leaving it pure to those who have spent too much money on a car (my wifes opinion). What it is cool about Mustangs is you can do many wonderful things with them and as long as you don't go insane like Autoart's design concept they are still cool to look at.

BTW, on my to do list I forgot painted stripes.

Archived