TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

Well guys, I'm just around the corner from you all (Socal, Matt and GTHero) for delivery of my car. I am scheduled to go to SAI, May 18th for a tour. I just can't describe how excited I am.

Providing all goes well, I will get to spend time with John and hopefully Amy, Budd, Gary and others. I will obviously see my car for the first time. It will have the Black Razors with Red Shelby Brakes and other items listed below so I can't wait to see it. Since I am having them ship my car to the dealer, I am hoping that they will let me take it out for a quick spin before I leave. Maybe I'll see if I can slip them some $$ to let me take it on the track next door for a few laps LOL.

I don't think I will be able to top Jonathan's story (or Matt's live broadcast - lol) but I will definitely try my best to share my experience.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, I'm just around the corner from you all (Socal, Matt and GTHero) for delivery of my car. I am scheduled to go to SAI, May 18th for a tour. I just can't describe how excited I am.

Providing all goes well, I will get to spend time with John and hopefully Amy, Budd, Gary and others. I will obviously see my car for the first time. It will have the Black Razors with Red Shelby Brakes and other items listed below so I can't wait to see it. Since I am having them ship my car to the dealer, I am hoping that they will let me take it out for a quick spin before I leave. Maybe I'll see if I can slip them some $$ to let me take it on the track next door for a few laps LOL.

I don't think I will be able to top Jonathan's story (or Matt's live broadcast - lol) but I will definitely try my best to share my experience.

Adam that is great news! Let me know how things go with Tasca and the upgrades (dyno horsepower before/after). Also, if you have a contact person at Tasca I would be interested in speaking with them to learn more about the process/time-line. Have fun!

Ed.

Socal, you think PSDS is bad knowing that your car is getting the Mods now. Wait until they tell you it is finished and waiting on the truck and have no idea when its gonna leave.............Its like PSDS on NOS.........LOL

LOL....yeah but you have to love mesage board time lines.....by the time I read this thread I had already read you post from 3 hours later that your car is sitting at the dealership and with the time difference you probably went and picked it up on your lunch break about now. Your PSDS is cured.

Adam that is great news! Let me know how things go with Tasca and the upgrades (dyno horsepower before/after). Also, if you have a contact person at Tasca I would be interested in speaking with them to learn more about the process/time-line. Have fun!

Ed.

Will do GLHS. I'll PM you the Tasca contact. Anyone else interested, PM me.

well, no news on my car but I did get a nice shot of medicine for the PSDS today.

IMG_0511.jpg

These beauties arrived via UPS this morning. For those who haven't seen them. They are the GT40 (some call them 40th Anniversary) from American Racing. I ordered them through Evolution Performance in PA back in Feb. They offered a very good deal on these pricy wheels. The fronts are 20" X 9" and the rears are 20" X 10.5." The fronts weigh in at 29.4 pounds and the rears at a hefty 31.8 pounds.

PS.

If the large picture is a problem please PM how to fix it.

Ed.

Ed, did you ever get in touch with Steve Guyette at Tasca Ford?

Socal, those wheels look awesome!

Well, it is that time. I am walking out the door after I click 'Add Reply'. I am picking up Shelby GT #187 tomorrow morning at SAI. My wife and I are going to drive by Lake Mead, across Hoover Dam, into Kingman and then take Route 66 home. I want to avoid I-15 construction and the scenic drive will be a nice break in for the engine. After sleeping in my car in the garage on Friday night I will try to post pictures and impressions this weekend. No promises. :D

Later All,

Chris

Hello happy people. We made it home late last night after unexpected delays. I am very busy at home today. Here are some pictures to start and then I will post more impressions when I get to work and are less busy. :P

EDIT: I moved some pictures keeping scrolling through the thread to see them all.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

.....Did my pictures disappear or is it my work computer? If there are not pictures I will correct later. Please advise.

EDIT: Thanks for the input on the posts. I rearranged some pictures into differet posts. Keep scrolling.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

.....Did my pictures disappear or is it my work computer? If there are not pictures I will correct later. Please advise.

Pics disappear when you click "Last post by", but they stay intact if you just go to page four.

All right all, I think I posted it so you could see the arrival pictures. Sorry, that my computer skills are only that of a third grader.

To the inquiring minds here was our day. Some details will be left out at the request of SAI for those who are still waiting for the Museum Delivery.

We picked up #187 on Friday. SAI arranged transportation to the factory. We were met by John, Bud, Steve and others. Coincidently, we also met a couple of members of this Forum. My wife and I paitently waited through the standard 10:30 tour of the Museum and the Factory. Not that it wasn't interesting but we only had one thing on our minds. After the tour was completed we were led to #187 in all of its glory. My wife has come to refer to the car as my "precious" (ala Lod of the Rings). John, took plenty of time explaining eveything about the car. Honestly I should of had recorded him because I was in a fog. We spent quite some time soaking in the moment. The overall experience was awesome. If nobody else spills the beans toward the end of production I will go into more detail.

We left SAI after lunch. I wanted to avoid construction on I-15 and allow the engine to change speed naturally and not be stuck at freeway speeds. We headed out through North Las Vegas and along the west coast of Lake Meade. We crossed over Hoover Dam and went into to Kingman. We picked up Route 66 and after turning around to go in the right direction we followed the Mother Road into Needles. The route from Kingman to Needles is definately a winding mountain road. We were from 2nd to 4th gear alot. On and off the brakes. I was however very careful.

In Needles we stopped for dinner. I was asked questions about the car when we parked and when we came back to the car. Another person was looking at the car while I was talking to my dad on the phone. It was starting to get dark, so we departed our plans of Route 66 to Victorville and jumped on I-40. Before, I left SAI I was warned that the supercharger doesn't come on line until about 300 miles. Sure enough we stopped in Barstow for gas at about 325 miles. When, we got back onto I-15, I pressed down the pedal on the on ramp and right about 2500 RPM.....pow an extra punch into the seat. Once at freeway speeds, I played with 4th gear a little bit to hear the supercharger kick in, the rushing wind sound. Feel that power kick in and watch the boost needle jump just a bit. I didn't push past 90.

I love this car. It is a dream come true. I found out about the original GT350s when I was around 12. It was instantly my dream car. Unfortunately, I can't afford one of those. However, #187 is a close substitution.

A few personal touches added to Precious. Tail light trim:

IMG_0598.jpg

14" Antenna:

IMG_0602.jpg

American Racing, Shelby Legend GT40 wheels, 20" diameter, front 9" wide 255/35, rear 10.5" wide 275/30 Toyo T1R:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

More to come in the next few days (I Hope).

A few personal touches added to Precious. Tail light trim:

IMG_0598.jpg

14" Antenna:

IMG_0602.jpg

American Racing, Shelby Legend GT40 wheels, 20" diameter, front 9" wide 255/35, rear 10.5" wide 275/30 Toyo T1R:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

More to come in the next few days (I Hope).

Socal....This car looks totally awesome. Will you take 55K for it right now?

OMG those rims look sweet on your car Chris!!!!! Really set off against the black. So who got to drive it to the shop yesterday to get them put on? It was greet to meet you and your wife Friday. Nice to put faces with the names on a site like this. :)

It was great to meet you also. I can't get my wife to sit the driver seat yet. I don't think she is interested in fooling around with my mistress.

Socal....This car looks totally awesome. Will you take 55K for it right now?

....Sorry, i would be losing money at that. I don't think I would sell for money. Now if you have a GT500KR with a Super Snake Upgrade we can talk........ :P

I got you covered pal. PM me your address and I'll send you a DVD of the museum tour plus your delivery.

I posted more here #20: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act...st=0#entry10436

Adam

....will PM later.

Archived