TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

Shelbygtman, sounds like some great plans.

As for mine most have read my list at the top but here's a bit of an update. I wanted the American Racing GT40 wheel. In my opinion it is the best looking Shelby Legend wheel from American Racing. However, pricing has been set at $1500 a wheel, not a set. That is too rich for my budget. It got me to thinking about wheel size and brake options outside of the Shelby box. However, with a bit of research I discovered the 20" Razor weighs less that our stock 18" bullets. That is according to the Ford and SAI web sites. So I think I will be getting the 20" silver Razors ans Shelby brakes.

Of course things can change hourly and right up until the time SAI's Mod Shop gets to work on my car. Anybody remember the prescription for PSDS. Mine is raging right now....it's so much worse on days off.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for mine most have read my list at the top but here's a bit of an update. I wanted the American Racing GT40 wheel. In my opinion it is the best looking Shelby Legend wheel from American Racing. However, pricing has been set at $1500 a wheel, not a set. That is too rich for my budget. It got me to thinking about wheel size and brake options outside of the Shelby box. However, with a bit of research I discovered the 20" Razor weighs less that our stock 18" bullets. That is according to the Ford and SAI web sites. So I think I will be getting the 20" silver Razors ans Shelby brakes.

Of course things can change hourly and right up until the time SAI's Mod Shop gets to work on my car. Anybody remember the prescription for PSDS. Mine is raging right now....it's so much worse on days off.

There is only 1 cure for PSDS and that is to take delivery.

Thanks Brother,

I know what you mean about prices, they do seem high. But as a Long time enthusist told me when I was saying similar things about prices.....Its a bargain ! You may never get again the chance to own and modify a real , new, shelby car. Thats reality.

So I guess what I am sayin is Go for it. Get what you really want (within reason of course), because this may be your last dance.

.....lol, everything has been within reason for me and I haven't said no to anything until the GT40 wheel. As much as I like the wheel it may be out of reason for me. I am not upset about the pricing. I am also not upset at American Racing and especially not at SAI. I will just have to wait and see what the final prices are on the silver Razors and the GT40 wheel from SAI and the GT40. If the differnece is within reason I will get them if not I'll get the Razors or see what else there is. I do have a budget no matter how once and in a lifetime this is.

yeah I'd move that back couple months..cars have been there since the beginning January and haven't even started SAI production much less shipped. Throw some extas on it and forget about it. hello fall at this rate.

Mike, we have shipped hundreds of cars already. The cars that were ordered in NOV were done first, we had to wait for parts and such, we didnt even start the cars till 2nd week january. we expect to be done mid July with all 6000

Amy

I've been waiting to post until my car had "arrived at Shelby." That day came last week, and I have already been in touch with John at SAI. I am very excited to say that on my Black Shelby GT, I plan the following mods: Supercharger (w/upgrade), guage cluster, lower grille w/driving lights and rear-spoiler.

I had gone back and forth on the rear spoiler option, but I've seen a GT-H in town, and I think that the spoiler adds to the overall look of the car.

I was considering the brakes and razor (black)/tire upgrade, but I think that I might go through the stock tires/brakes first. Maybe a nice X-mas present for myself this year, and a reason to go down later this year to SAI and see what else is in store for the future.

I have a tricked out 2006 GT 5-speed now (real fun to drive), but this is my first Shelby...something that I have always dreamed about...now it is actually happening!

Thanks, to everyone at SAI. I have used the VIN checker, called and e-mailed SAI throughout this process. In my opinion, SAI is doing a GREAT job! My Ford sales rep has been great too; no complaints.

Thanks again to all,

Greg (soon to be on the map locater in Santa Rosa, CA).

I talked to SAI today. My car has been turned into a Shelby GT and is awaiting the supercharger. I was told two to three weeks for the superchargers to come in. There have been no supercharger cars completed. Also on that subject; somebody had asked somewhere if we would get the tuner with our supercharger. I was told that we would.

Keep managing my PSDS.

I talked to SAI today. My car has been turned into a Shelby GT and is awaiting the supercharger. I was told two to three weeks for the superchargers to come in. There have been no supercharger cars completed. Also on that subject; somebody had asked somewhere if we would get the tuner with our supercharger. I was told that we would.

Keep managing my PSDS.

I guess that would put you in the first week in March. That's good news about the tuner! Did he mention anything about the SuperCharger computer program Paxton has been working on? I wonder if that's finished. Also, any update on the Silver Razor's?

I'm in the same boat...can't wait! This car is going to scream with 470 hp!

Keep managing my PSDS.

Good news about the S/C and tuner. The tuner will come in handy if we add other performance mods once the cars are home. My car is waiting to be turned into a Shleby GT. Has anyone seen a pic of the silver razor wheels? I'm still going back and forth about the gunmetal color. I like it with the black car but would need to see the silver wheels first. ah decisions, decisions.

Has anyone seen a pic of the silver razor wheels? I'm still going back and forth about the gunmetal color. I like it with the black car but would need to see the silver wheels first. ah decisions, decisions.

Goto http://www.shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp

The 2006 Shelby CS6 Pre-Production Prototype (the Black car) has silver razors on it (as does the blue car but the Black is more in line with the GT-S).

I have officially ordered my first modification. I just ordered a set 19" American Racing GT40 wheels. I ordered them with the silver finish. I ordered 9.5" for the front and 10" for the rear. I will be putting 255/40R19 on the front and 285/35R19 on the rear. These have always been my favorite wheel and the price was reasonable. I expect them sometime in April.

congrats to all! our first 2 museum deliveries goes out tomorrow. the super chargers are on order and the new calibration is complete. The silver razors will be in around same time and match the silver stripe exactly

Amy

• 2 months later...

dug deep just because I didn't want to start a new thread

I received an email from John W. today. My car is in the Mod shop and being worked on. There appears to be light at the end of my tunnel. The only bad news is I have to get in touch with Joh about payment. I was hoping to get through the cracks on that. :P

For those looking at the time line, my car arrived at SAI in the first week of Jan. Here is the list of modifications I am having SAI do:

1. Supercharger, polished

2. Supercharger instrument cluster

3. CS hood, painted and striped.

4. Lower grill w/ driving lights and brake ducting

5. Sequential Tail lights

6. Engine Dress up kit

7. Tail light trim

I am having the brake package put in the trunk. I purchased a set of the Shelby GT40 wheels through a different vendor. I will have Hillbannks Motorsports install the brakes when the wheels arrive. I also have a Steeda hood support kit (not branded) painted and sitting on my work bench along with a 15" black antenna.

It is almost drive time. I'll update as soon as I have more info. Stay tuned.

Update 5/3/07:

Talked to John W. My car is on the rack with a lot of pieces off so other pieces can go on. The brake ducting is on, the blower is on, and the other peices are close by. I am expecting another update on Monday. He gave me an expected delivery date but I am going to hold off until confirmed.

PSDS is in such overdrive that my wife has been asking if I have an update three times a day.

PS.

He slipped and gave me the CSM.......#187.

Update 5/3/07:

Talked to John W. My car is on the rack with a lot of pieces off so other pieces can go on. The brake ducting is on, the blower is on, and the other peices are close by. I am expecting another update on Monday. He gave me an expected delivery date but I am going to hold off until confirmed.

PSDS is in such overdrive that my wife has been asking if I have an update three times a day.

PS.

He slipped and gave me the CSM.......#187.

Hey! You need to update your sig! Been 23 days for too long!

Socal, congrats. That's awesome that your car is almost ready and that you got such an awesome CSM.

I think you, Matt and GTHero will get your cars around the same time in the next 7-10 days - just my own opinion.

When you all get your cars, all of us on this forum need to have a big online congrats party somehow. Anyone with any ideas???

Archived