TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

I have grown tired of the bickering and Ford/Shelby bashing. I want to talk about our Shelby GTs. What color, trim, options? Are you doing the museum delivery? Are you getting options from SAI? What do you have planned for your S-GT when you get home? How are you going to play with your car? In short let us just be car people again and talk about each others cars. Sure, we can have opinions and offer suggestions but be cool about it and enjoy our cars. Maybe this will help with our PSDS. Obviously, I'll go first:

My Black S-GT is in the premium trim with dark charcoal interior upgrade and the charcoal dash. I ordered the car with the Shaker 500, Sirius, Active Anti theft and wheel locks. Mine is at SAI now. My salesperson and I called SAI to flag the car for museum delivery and have discussed upgrades.

These are the SAI opions I am sure of: polished supercharger with the instrument cluster, Shelby/Baer brake package, CS (GT-H) hood, aesthetic engine kit, sequential rear lights, rear light trim, console arm cover.

I am still thinking about wheels. I like the razors but I am going to verify with SAI that you have to get 20" Razors with the brake package. I would prefer a smaller wheel. I prefer the look of an 18" wheel as well as the weight difference. We will see. The only other part I am not sure about is the brake duct kit. I like the way the lower grill looks but I am not going to be doing alot of track days or autocross. The brake ducts may become a victim of my budget.

After I drive it home Route 66 from Vegas I will get the windows tinted and Lojack added. I plan to drive my S-GT on my days off and do a few select local shows. I pretty sure I am going to participate with a Shelby Auto Club.

So, tell the group about your car.......

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the SAI opions I am sure of: polished supercharger with the instrument cluster, Shelby/Baer brake package, CS (GT-H) hood, aesthetic engine kit, sequential rear lights, rear light trim, console arm cover.

I am still thinking about wheels. I like the razors but I am going to verify with SAI that you have to get 20" Razors with the brake package. I would prefer a smaller wheel. I prefer the look of an 18" wheel as well as the weight difference. We will see. The only other part I am not sure about is the brake duct kit. I like the way the lower grill looks but I am not going to be doing alot of track days or autocross. The brake ducts may become a victim of my budget.

After I drive it home Route 66 from Vegas I will get the windows tinted and Lojack added. I plan to drive my S-GT on my days off and do a few select local shows. I pretty sure I am going to participate with a Shelby Auto Club.

So, tell the group about your car.......

I wholeheartedly concur!!!! I believe that the 20" wheels are required to run with the Baer brakes.I have been considering adding take off Brakes from the 07 GT500's as many of those owners are upgrading. just a thought!

YES,YES,YES

Great subject. Some of our cars will arrving soon and I hope to get to the mods once I get it delvered.

I have a black, charcoal int, premium, sat radio with Shker 500. I had the Shaker in the '05 GT vert I just sold and it didn't really sound that terrific for the extra cost. I 'd rather hear the MOTOR.

Shelby Mods will be polished S/C. Gauge cluster and ALL the inside Shelby stuff.

The brakes and wheels are a difficult decision. I would obviously rather have everytthing added at the SAI factory, but the total cost is a concern. Also... we need to keep those black Shelby stock wheels for originality. So best to get the car with stock wheels and add brakes and Razors later??? Unless anyone else has a different solution.

John at SAI said the poilshed 20" razors coming in will be "silver painted" >>>> I need to see them first.

Mods at home will be Corsa cat backs. Gt500 owners have said that the Corsa don't have the drone at 1900-2100 rpms. The Bassannis on my GT did drone quite a bit.

Also Granatelli spark coils, which work well with a S/C.

Guess that's it!

Well i am pretty sure that SAI will send you back your original rims if you want, maybe even put them in the trunk of the car Along with any other SGT (not ford) part removed during upgrading (can anyone from SAI confirm this)??

I am getting a White SGT with sat radio and Shaker 1000 stereo. I will be getting the S/c from shelby (i think i am passing on instrument cluster), Brake ducts, Lower grille, Sequential tail lights, some kind of wheel upgrade (unsure of which ones), all the shelby engine dress up, brake kit (i think).

Being in NY i dont want to drive the car back so i will most likely ship it back from SAI

Hey guys thanks for posting. I hope to read more.

On the brake package equals 20" wheels question. If you look at the Baer website, they have a package called GT-Plus. It is designed specifically for Mustangs and the description is the same as SAI's description on the shopping pages. A two piston caliber on a 14" two piece rotor. The note at the bottom only says that they require 17" or larger wheels......So why won't the 18" bullets or something else fit. I understand the 18" Razors won't fit because the spokes come into the wheel and make clearence over the caliber a problem. I saw 20" Razors on a GT500 with Brembo brakes at the LA auto show and the clearence was 1/8" if not less. A little to close for my comfort. I am calling tommorrow about my car and modifications and that is about question #3.....Oh, the wheels I saw were silver and I think they would look good especially if they are pretty close to the stripe.

RIHarley, I believe the S-GT comes with the Borla cat back. You think the Corsa would be better?

Again, thanks and keep the posts coming.....don't forget the pictures when they start to arrive.

YES,YES,YES

Great subject. Some of our cars will arrving soon and I hope to get to the mods once I get it delvered.

I have a black, charcoal int, premium, sat radio with Shker 500. I had the Shaker in the '05 GT vert I just sold and it didn't really sound that terrific for the extra cost. I 'd rather hear the MOTOR.

Shelby Mods will be polished S/C. Gauge cluster and ALL the inside Shelby stuff.

The brakes and wheels are a difficult decision. I would obviously rather have everytthing added at the SAI factory, but the total cost is a concern. Also... we need to keep those black Shelby stock wheels for originality. So best to get the car with stock wheels and add brakes and Razors later??? Unless anyone else has a different solution.

John at SAI said the poilshed 20" razors coming in will be "silver painted" >>>> I need to see them first.

Mods at home will be Corsa cat backs. Gt500 owners have said that the Corsa don't have the drone at 1900-2100 rpms. The Bassannis on my GT did drone quite a bit.

Also Granatelli spark coils, which work well with a S/C.

Guess that's it!

Harley, I need some help. I want to replace the stock cat-back exhaust on my GT500. I heard of both Borla and Corsa both have a bolt on cat-back systems for the GT500. I'm interested in that old time muscle car rumble and less restrictive system. The stock exhaust just doesn't do it for me. Have you heard both systems and if so, which one has the deeper throat sound? I understand both systems are a little bit on the expensive side so I want to be sure before I make the purchase. Thanks for your help

Ken

Harley, I need some help. I want to replace the stock cat-back exhaust on my GT500. I heard of both Borla and Corsa both have a bolt on cat-back systems for the GT500. I'm interested in that old time muscle car rumble and less restrictive system. The stock exhaust just doesn't do it for me. Have you heard both systems and if so, which one has the deeper throat sound? I understand both systems are a little bit on the expensive side so I want to be sure before I make the purchase. Thanks for your help

Ken

Try Here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5498

There are many other links in the GT500 section talking about different exhausts. You may want to get the main GT500 section and look around. I can't find them now, but there are other ldiscussions in that forum.

The Corsa's sound good to me! It seems to have the closest old muscle car sound that I have heard. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to hear them in person but the online clips are pretty good.

-Tim-

Hey guys thanks for posting. I hope to read more.

RIHarley, I believe the S-GT comes with the Borla cat back. You think the Corsa would be better?

Socal... I thought our cars ( Shelby GT) came with Ford racing Parts cat backs. The Borlas are listed in the SAI "shopping" area as accesories. Am I wrong?

??

-Tim-

Try Here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5498

There are many other links in the GT500 section talking about different exhausts. You may want to get the main GT500 section and look around. I can't find them now, but there are other ldiscussions in that forum.

The Corsa's sound good to me! It seems to have the closest old muscle car sound that I have heard. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to hear them in person but the online clips are pretty good.

-Tim-

Socal... I thought our cars ( Shelby GT) came with Ford racing Parts cat backs. The Borlas are listed in the SAI "shopping" area as accesories. Am I wrong?

??

-Tim-

Tim, thanks for the info. Wish you the best of luck with your shelby

Ken

Ok, just got off the phone with SAI....RIHarley, you were right the S-GT do come with the FRPP exhaust and not the Borla. I also confirmed that there is a $500 charge for Museum delivery.....Also anybody who is planning a museum deliver, I suggest you call as soon as you get a VIN and have your car flagged so it doesn't wind up on a truck.....Talk to you all later.

Ok, just got off the phone with SAI....RIHarley, you were right the S-GT do come with the FRPP exhaust and not the Borla. I also confirmed that there is a $500 charge for Museum delivery.....Also anybody who is planning a museum deliver, I suggest you call as soon as you get a VIN and have your car flagged so it doesn't wind up on a truck.....Talk to you all later.

will do. thanks.

It is the option to pick up your car at Shelby Autos (SAI) in Las Vegas. The last I heard from SAI it included a tour of the museum, factory, a luncheon and oh yeah the delivery of your Shelby GT. I was told yesterday there will be a $500 fee but once in a lifetime. If you are interested I suggest calling and having your car flagged as soon as you get a VIN or it might get loaded on a truck before you know it.

It is the option to pick up your car at Shelby Autos (SAI) in Las Vegas. The last I heard from SAI it included a tour of the museum, factory, a luncheon and oh yeah the delivery of your Shelby GT. I was told yesterday there will be a $500 fee but once in a lifetime. If you are interested I suggest calling and having your car flagged as soon as you get a VIN or it might get loaded on a truck before you know it.

they are going to charge people a fee to pick up at shelby??? what?

Yes, in the process of getting my car set up for the museum delivery, I was told $500 by two people at SAI.

Does anyone know what the museum delivery actually includes- I assume a tour of the facilty, but do we actually meet CS, or how about including an autograph. Either way its a once in a lifetime chance, maybe SAI can take a pic of you taking delivery of your car, or a lap around the track ?????????

....OK, I just got back from the dealership and completed the purchase of my car. It was an MSRP deal which came out to $39,110. With Orange County tax (7.75%) and CA title & registration it was $42,525.04. Next step is to finalize my modificaiton list with SAI. I'll keep you all posted.

Does anyone know what the museum delivery actually includes- I assume a tour of the facilty, but do we actually meet CS, or how about including an autograph. Either way its a once in a lifetime chance, maybe SAI can take a pic of you taking delivery of your car, or a lap around the track ?????????

Where did you find such a great deal? I am in Orange County too and the best I could do was $3K over. I have a deposit with a written price and plan to go down next week to do the final contract in case the car arrives while I am out of the country on vacation later in February.

Pagerart,

The dealership has a working relationship with my employer. They originally told me $8K until I mentioned my employer. I had no shame for getting this car. Others were mostly around $10K. A lot of the dealers wanted to wait to see what the market was going to be. That meant waiting for cars to arrive and then I would have missed out on the Museum delivery and SAI factory upgrades. I think SoCal prices are higher than other places. Most dealerships here are still asking $20K for their GT500s while other places seem to be lower.

.....thanks Mark.

Pagerart,

The dealership has a working relationship with my employer. They originally told me $8K until I mentioned my employer. I had no shame for getting this car. Others were mostly around $10K. A lot of the dealers wanted to wait to see what the market was going to be. That meant waiting for cars to arrive and then I would have missed out on the Museum delivery and SAI factory upgrades. I think SoCal prices are higher than other places. Most dealerships here are still asking $20K for their GT500s while other places seem to be lower.

.....thanks Mark.

Mark, if you get yours before I get mine, let me know. I live in Orange and would sure like to check it out.

Art

a 3.73 rear end has entered my mind often the last few days. I am getting the supercharger. I will drive the car with the 3.55 before I really consider the 3.73. I am just wondering if the 3.73 will help the car out of the hole and the supercharger to spin up. Opinions of adding the 3.73?

well we are doing a bunch of SAI mods, so i dont expect the car before April 1st

yeah I'd move that back couple months..cars have been there since the beginning January and haven't even started SAI production much less shipped. Throw some extas on it and forget about it. hello fall at this rate.

I bought the white 5 spd. its having a SC installed before it leaves the factory.. I am exited to see it. May or may not do a vegas pickup. I might just let them deliver it here at my home. I also want to add some of the interior aluminum parts, door latches, map lite trim. I especially like the rear window covers with the shelby etched in them. Kindof retro race style. Sequencial lights,engine dress up kit,gauge cluster,shelby arm rest cover. That ought to do it! I figure total about 10k or so to get it the way I want with all the mentioned addins. WATCH OUT GT 500'S !!!!!!!!!

Archived