TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PICS show what you got.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
SWEET!

Thanks. 289-2V, automatic, radio, heater, and power brakes; nothing else - build sheet missing, but numbers all match as far as we can tell.

Runs and drives - no brakes. About 95% rust free - typical stuff in the trunk frame rails and rocker panels. Needs a hood, lower front airdam and LR 1/4 (all worked, poorly). Interior is almost perfect except headliner and dash pad. Showing 87,xxx - may be accurate based on other wear, but no way to tell. Only major part that is not original is the air cleaner. Still has original jack, tools, and trunk mat. Verified that radiant bronze is the original color - although it is an obvious respray.

I have no idea what it's worth - seriously. It just caught my fancy and I bought it and drug it home - all 780 miles round trip. :D

Any '66 experts have a guess on street value?? You won't hurt my feelings - I don't think I stole it.

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly do not need any more projects, but I just picked this up last weekend. 1965, basic C code 289 C4. Completely rust free. It has been sitting as seen here for the past 12 years. Motor was rebuilt 20K miles before that. It took me a few hours to get it running. I needed to replace the fuel tank, pump, etc. A slight crud ring built up at the top of the no. 1 cylinder which would only allow the motor to turn like 7/8 of a full turn. Once I pulled all the plugs and put a touch of oil in, I was able to pop it past that. Then she fired right up and runs great. Change of oil, flush the tranny, and she was on the road. Not bad for $1,500. I'm actually going to sell my daily driver '89 SC T-bird and get this back on the road within the next month. Some fresh paint, wheels and tires, and she should be good to roll! Of course I had to first kick the rabbit out of it's resting spot behind the carb. Had to rid many mice of their homes in the interior. However, the seats are all in very good shape. Standard black interior.

65_Mustang6.jpg

65_Mustang5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I certainly do not need any more projects, but I just picked this up last weekend. 1965, basic C code 289 C4. Completely rust free. It has been sitting as seen here for the past 12 years. Motor was rebuilt 20K miles before that. It took me a few hours to get it running. I needed to replace the fuel tank, pump, etc. A slight crud ring built up at the top of the no. 1 cylinder which would only allow the motor to turn like 7/8 of a full turn. Once I pulled all the plugs and put a touch of oil in, I was able to pop it past that. Then she fired right up and runs great. Change of oil, flush the tranny, and she was on the road. Not bad for $1,500. I'm actually going to sell my daily driver '89 SC T-bird and get this back on the road within the next month. Some fresh paint, wheels and tires, and she should be good to roll! Of course I had to first kick the rabbit out of it's resting spot behind the carb. Had to rid many mice of their homes in the interior. However, the seats are all in very good shape. Standard black interior.

65_Mustang6.jpg

65_Mustang5.jpg

I thinks you got one hell of a deal for $1500! :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of photos I took last night after mounting the new 17x8 wheels I got from Cal Pony Cars on the front of my 66.

The tires are Nitto NT555 235/45/ZR17.

The front end is still sitting way too high, but once I can get it rolling around, it ought to settle a couple of inches.

Hopefully I don't have to cut those new aftermarket springs!

Ken

post-20883-1230756416_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1230756443_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1230756416_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1230756443_thumb.jpg

Archived