TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many CSX 4000s are in existence?

CSX4206

We know how many original cars exist but how many 427 Continuation series Cobras exist?

How many in Aluminum? How many in glass?

Also do we know approximately how many are produced each year?

Does anyone have these statistics???

yes.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest 4000 series I have a pic of is CSX4925. I have been in contact with a CSX dealer this week, and was told that they are still in the 4900 series of numbers. Does anyone know what happens when they reach #4999? I have heard that they will go with a 5 diget number then. I guess that means something like CSX 40001?

The latest 4000 series I have a pic of is CSX4925.

Production is about 50 pieces ahead of that.

Does anyone know what happens when they reach #4999? I have heard that they will go with a 5 diget number then. I guess that means something like CSX 40001?

That would make sense..backfilling the unused numbers would be confusing.

So, nobody answered the original question.

How many 4000 series cars have been produced up until now?

How many are glass?

How many are aluminum?

Does anybody know?

I have that info. When I get home I will post it. Thanks for your patience, please ignore the chrildren.

Ron, please either answer or dont, but don't do this ....

Amy

We know how many original cars exist but how many 427 Continuation series Cobras exist?

How many in Aluminum? How many in glass?

Also do we know approximately how many are produced each year?

Does anyone have these statistics???

-Continuation Cobra's for 427 CSX4000 series are roughly 720+ total

-Aluminum is about 170 of that number and the balance is glass, there are some carbon fiber as well, about 8 of those.

-There are also 13 AC original hand rolled Aluminum bodies they are CSX1000, but are 427 body style

-By year, I can get you that and the exact numbers on Monday, but it has been eratic. Each year it changed depending on supply and the health of the company was not good for many years, but in 07 we did over 80 glass and 20+ aluminum

hope this helps for the weekend!

Amy

-Continuation Cobra's for 427 CSX4000 series are roughly 720+ total

-Aluminum is about 170 of that number and the balance is glass, there are some carbon fiber as well, about 8 of those.

-There are also 13 AC original hand rolled Aluminum bodies they are CSX1000, but are 427 body style

-By year, I can get you that and the exact numbers on Monday, but it has been eratic. Each year it changed depending on supply and the health of the company was not good for many years, but in 07 we did over 80 glass and 20+ aluminum

hope this helps for the weekend!

Amy

Thank you Amy

• 7 years later...

Can we get a 2015 update to these numbers?

Amy no longer works for Shelby American. There are two people that can answer your question. One is Gary Patterson who rarely monitors this forum. The other is Steve Thornton whose contact information can be found by searching.

If they do update this topic with production numbers it would also be useful to include all Cobra models, all 427 and 289 models and the Daytona Coupes.

• 3 weeks later...

Update as of March 4th 2015 From Gary Patterson at SAI.

These are really close numbers not counting work in progress. We just sold the 50 50th anniversary 427 cars of which most (over 30) will be aluminum. All will be CSX4550 - CSX4599 serial numbers. We have a few 50th anniversary 289 cars left if anyone is interested. I also know where two aluminum 40th anniversary cars are that are available were completed with Shelby aluminum 427 engines.

Great to speak with you and hope this helps.

CSX1000 – 23 cars all aluminum
CSX4000 – approx.. 650 cars with 200 aluminum, 10 carbon fiber and the balance are fiberglass
CSX6000 – Just over 100 so far with, 2 aluminum, rest are fiberglass
CSX7000 – 65 cars total, 20 aluminum, rest are fiberglass
CSX8000 – 53 cars total, 5 aluminum, rest are fiberglass

Gary

Archived