TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A call out to GRABBER!!! I got a railcar #!!! Woo Hoo!

DubbsFaris

on the truck means it will soon be at the dealer, so depending when it is dropped off, you could get the call today. It takes about 3 hours to process and get through PDI, so call them and let them know it would be super if they do it this evening so you can get it today. On the other hand, your dealer will try to close before year end. Good luck!

My car is close to College Station, and is scheduled now for 1am delivery. So I won't see mine till Wednesday, at the earliest, butitscloser now!!

In a strike of God's humor, I saw the same car I'm getting on the highway today, only coupe. I almost broke my neck. Its the first one I have seen, and I swear my heart stopped!

Wow, what a car!!!!!!!!!

Well with New Years Parties to go to and the dealership is a 1 hour drive away and dealerships are open on New Years Day anyways, even if it does come in, I think I can wait one more day. Besides with the roads the way they are currently in WI I think I will have to wait till Saturday for them to dry up a bit to drive the car home. Btw, whats PDI?

FYI when mine arrived at the station it sat for a couple of days at the station.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well with New Years Parties to go to and the dealership is a 1 hour drive away and dealerships are open on New Years Day anyways, even if it does come in, I think I can wait one more day. Besides with the roads the way they are currently in WI I think I will have to wait till Saturday for them to dry up a bit to drive the car home. Btw, whats PDI?

FYI when mine arrived at the station it sat for a couple of days at the station.

:hysterical2:

I couldn't take a 2 day wait. My dealer is having it flatbedded over as soon as they can.

PCI is Pre delivery inspection I believe, but it is achecklist of like 20 things the car has to go hrough at the dealer.

I couldn't take a 2 day wait. My dealer is having it flatbedded over as soon as they can.

PCI is Pre delivery inspection I believe, but it is achecklist of like 20 things the car has to go hrough at the dealer.

Man... you have to be the most excited guy in this forum EVER!!! I hope you have a good dealer because if you have a bad one and with how excited you are, they might try to pull a scam and try and pull some extra cash out of you when you go to pick it up. I hope they dont try that and ruin it for you.

I am still not convinced 100% that I wont have that happen to me and that is why I am holding back the excitement as much as I can until its in my garage. If they try and pull something it will be Judgement day for them!

Man... you have to be the most excited guy in this forum EVER!!! I hope you have a good dealer because if you have a bad one and with how excited you are, they might try to pull a scam and try and pull some extra cash out of you when you go to pick it up. I hope they dont try that and ruin it for you.

I am still not convinced 100% that I wont have that happen to me and that is why I am holding back the excitement as much as I can until its in my garage. If they try and pull something it will be Judgement day for them!

I did the paperwork today, and not only did they not change the price, they threw in 2 extra years of the factory warranty (5 or 75k). Even on the supercharger and 5 years of ding and scratch repair.

So now, I just pick up the car, without anymore papers or changes. It is a big relief. I think they gaveme all the stuff cuz I paid for it and it can go on this years books.

:sigh of relief:

Hmmm, on the truck in transit since yesterday. I thought for sure it would have been delivered today for sure but no go. Strange... I think?

No the dealership is closed today...

I drove by the dealership about 10 minutes ago, and right before that I drove by the railyard, and it was still on the railcar. It didn't look like they were unloading cars, so Im sure it will be tomorrow at earliest...

But hey, its here in San Antonio, and I will have it by the weekend no matter what! (unless there is damage to the car of course from transit..) :dont even jinx it, right?)

No the dealership is closed today...

I drove by the dealership about 10 minutes ago, and right before that I drove by the railyard, and it was still on the railcar. It didn't look like they were unloading cars, so Im sure it will be tomorrow at earliest...

But hey, its here in San Antonio, and I will have it by the weekend no matter what! (unless there is damage to the car of course from transit..) :dont even jinx it, right?)

Dubbs - glad to hear it is almost time. Good thing you could check the rail car. My car was delivered sometime between 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM on Thansksgiving Day 2006. I didn't think they would deliver on a holiday either. This shocked the dealer as much as it did me.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of the week with your new ride.

HSURB

Okay- I went to the dealer and low and behold the transport shows up like 2 minutes later....

But-

No Shelby...

At this point I start into how my parent's car has 2500 miles to travel from their dealer in GA, and mine has been 14 miles away for 4 days now... They are getting cars and mine isn't one of them...and If some yahoo who paid 200 over invoice for his F150 gets his vehicle before my ADM car....

Another guy walks up, and its the make-ready manager. He introduces himself, and says, well did anyone call and ask if we can just pick it up? My salesman says he tried, so this guy says, well I'll make it happen. His name is Bill. He is on the phone for 30 seconds and it's a done deal. I drove him to the railyard, (which by the way wasn't overly crowded) and we get the guy to drive the car up to the front and he remarks how he wished he had another day to show it off...they were holding on to it to show it to THEIR friends) and Bill tells him I am the owner, and he just smiled and walked away....nice. I don't care at this point, cuz I am finally putting my eyes on the car for myself for the first time. Its perfect with not a scratch...But Bill asked if he could keep it at the dealer till tomorrow to make it ready, he wants to go over the car and not be too rushed, and I conceded since there is no telling how long it would have been if I waited on the yahoos at Union Pacific. So now there is finally light at the end of the tunnel, and even though these were taken with my cellphone, I wanted to share pics...

The next time I post, it will be in the arrivals forum....WOO HOO!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Are you saying some guy held your car just so he could show it off to a few friends? Something doesn't sound right about that. I'd be pissed knowing my car sat in some dopey railyard because of some bone head wanting to show it off.

Okay- I went to the dealer and low and behold the transport shows up like 2 minutes later....

But-

No Shelby...

At this point I start into how my parent's car has 2500 miles to travel from their dealer in GA, and mine has been 14 miles away for 4 days now... They are getting cars and mine isn't one of them...and If some yahoo who paid 200 over invoice for his F150 gets his vehicle before my ADM car....

Another guy walks up, and its the make-ready manager. He introduces himself, and says, well did anyone call and ask if we can just pick it up? My salesman says he tried, so this guy says, well I'll make it happen. His name is Bill. He is on the phone for 30 seconds and it's a done deal. I drove him to the railyard, (which by the way wasn't overly crowded) and we get the guy to drive the car up to the front and he remarks how he wished he had another day to show it off...they were holding on to it to show it to THEIR friends) and Bill tells him I am the owner, and he just smiled and walked away....nice. I don't care at this point, cuz I am finally putting my eyes on the car for myself for the first time. Its perfect with not a scratch...But Bill asked if he could keep it at the dealer till tomorrow to make it ready, he wants to go over the car and not be too rushed, and I conceded since there is no telling how long it would have been if I waited on the yahoos at Union Pacific. So now there is finally light at the end of the tunnel, and even though these were taken with my cellphone, I wanted to share pics...

The next time I post, it will be in the arrivals forum....WOO HOO!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Great news. I am glad it worked out. :happy feet:

The wait is over! and I didnt send a message, cuz I drove it all afternoon and night!!

For more information, see the arrival forum where I will now put in my story...

BTW- Joker, your girlie loved her ride!!

421794mo5ru3.gif

421794mo5ru3.gif

The wait is over! and I didnt send a message, cuz I drove it all afternoon and night!!

For more information, see the arrival forum where I will now put in my story...

BTW- Joker, your girlie loved her ride!!

Congrates on getting it!

Now leave my girl alone or there's gonna be a real problem :chairshot:

:hysterical:

Archived