TEAM SHELBY FORUM

***Helping Evelynn***

Sorry Im late. Been bouncing around so much I missed this post. Anyway You bet We will be praying for Evelynn. There is only one that is Good and that is God. Evelynn your Daddy in heaven Loves you more than ALL creation, that he has a plan for you that goes beyond ALL earthly thoughts,Yes Evelynn right now you are in the potters hands he is going to shape you and mold you into a very VERY special little girl. Evelynn just keep your faith God is in control always has been and always will be God has not gone anywhere. Keep The Faith. When there seems to be no way out God can and will make a way for those who know him and love him. GOD BLESS MERRY CHRIST MAS EVELYNN YOU R IN GOOD HANDS.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is a Cannula?

Wow! A question I can answer!!! (LCA, UCA, IRA, IRS, clunk, shudder, hop ????) It is a pair of very short tubes that go just inside the nose. From the outside, you see tubing going across your face between your mouth and nose. 2 short tubes set close together "T" off of that tubing with one going into each nostril. It is a fairly non-invasive way of supplying oxygen. The tube she had before went down between her vocal cords and into her windpipe (very invasive). Practices vary across the country but usually they just adjust the flow rate of oxygen going into her nose to keep her blood oxygen at a desired level.

Lonnie, if you can find out, I would like to know what the range of flows they use in Evelynn's facility. At the facility I'm currently at, most MD's stop at 4 lpm. I have successfully used flows as high as 8 lpm at other facilities in our efforts to keep from going back onto the ventilator.

Glad things are going well.

Tony

Bump.

SS - Any updates?

Yes

Hi All

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just returned from GA

Evelynn is doing well

as of today 2lbs. 14oz. :happy feet:

was given her first bottle last night and she did awesome

It's great to see God at work