TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of your CSX

quantum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome..... About 5-6 years ago I drove #7 back from Portland or to Michigan for another club member.... Spooky to find #6.... It looks very clean... How's about some details?

Tim

Hi Tim,

It started life at LAX, then it went to Washington (Yacolt and Vancouver) until 2000, at which point it (like #7) went to Oregon (Creswell) before making the trek to Kansas City later in 2000.

It was mostly stock when I bought it. I've since added a Mopar Performance computer, '87 CSX radiator and intercooler, modified Talon bov...just a few bolt-ons that can easily be removed and returned back to original if desired. It still has all of its Shelby-unique parts.

I rented one from Thrifty back in 1988, and drove it several hundred miles to a friend's wedding. I remember it getting expensive, as I believe only the first 200 miles were free, with each additional mile extra. I took my brother out in it that night and we cruised the local strip, ending up at a red light side by side with a Mustang GT. The guy started revving his engine, so I figured WTH. Beat him by probably 2-3 car lengths. That car gave new meaning to the phrase "torque steer". Somehow, we ended up beside him at the next light. It was a hot night, and the windows were down. My brother (passenger) looked over at him and said "It's just a rental car". Cracks me up to this day. :hysterical:

Richard

Hi, just joined the group.

I own 1987 CSX #701 that I am in the process of restoring.

Currently I have the front end tore apart and am working on painting it. The passenger door got backed into by a friend of mine so I have replaced it with one off a 1988 Shadow parts car.

Brian.

post-26508-1258397579_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed rebuilding this one last year. This is a 1989 shelby csx #499,and has low miles.

It won second place in the local mopar fwd class.

Always looking for extra parts to keep this one going,please email if you see anything around.

JA-

SHLBYCSX@yahoo.com

post-25911-126370664156_thumb.jpg

post-25911-126370697824_thumb.jpg

post-25911-126370733488_thumb.jpg

post-25911-126370664156_thumb.jpg

post-25911-126370697824_thumb.jpg

post-25911-126370733488_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed rebuilding this one last year. This is a 1989 shelby csx #440,and has low miles.

Always looking for extra parts to keep this one going,please email if you see anything around.

JA-

SHLBYCSX@yahoo.com

Looks real nice Joe. How much needed rebuilding given it was "low miles"?

I enjoyed rebuilding this one last year. This is a 1989 shelby csx #440,and has low miles.

JA-

SHLBYCSX@yahoo.com

Joe, Didn't you do some work on the 'Birthday car' CSX-T a few years ago. Before Brett had it?

Alan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I worked on the b-day car,after brett restored it in Utah.

It was then sold to rick johnson here in washington state,

who was a friend of mine--needing help.

The 88 csx ,which was converted to a 89 csx prototype ( b-day car ) -had lots of missing parts,including a blown 16 valve motor.

It turned out towards the end,that shelby crews would rob parts from other cars to keep other project cars going.

Someone ended up putting the euro headlights,hood,and grille into the b-day car for some purpose.

After purchasing the car at the auction,we put all the 88 csx stuff back in ( to make it the correct b-day car ).

I still have the 89 b-day car hood,grill,and headlights in my parts collection.The 89 grille was a pre-production ( one piece ) design,

as used on most all the prototypes.The regular 89 csx production cars had( two piece ) grills to save on labor costs.

JA-

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@ 414 " very nice weatherstrips"

Did you just get lucky on the window scrapers, or is there a source for those? Been there, done that on the fuel pump. Also the fuel tank and filter.

• 1 month later...

@ 414 " very nice weatherstrips"

Did you just get lucky on the window scrapers, or is there a source for those? Been there, done that on the fuel pump. Also the fuel tank and filter.

Got lucky that's all. They're out there, just keep an eye out.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Picked up this 88 CSX-T #003 and installed a new motor. This was a old factory IMSA race car,that was owned by the President of Thrifty.The car has spent its entire life on the west coast at various race tracks.

The body is still very straight shape for being a race car,some of my other race shelbys havn't been so lucky.Its in the process of a complete restoration,and converting it to the street legal. The interior is done ( as shown in picture ).

Does anyone in the club have early pictures to share?

Please send to SHLBYCSX@yahoo.com

post-25911-0-48533800-1353615772_thumb.jpg

post-25911-0-57326400-1353616155_thumb.jpg

post-25911-0-48533800-1353615772_thumb.jpg

post-25911-0-57326400-1353616155_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Brings back memories. First Shelby I ever rode in was a red CSX with the recaros. I must have been only 16 when I last rode in it. Guy still owns it in Kansas City.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone my name is Jacob and I just joined im a young adult turning 19 soon and I have 1987 shelby csx #665 thanking god it isnt 666 hahah anyway ill post pics when I have time to do so but its in beautiful condition and im cirrently working on restoring the floor panels from rust (previous owner just let it sit in a field) although thats how he treated the car the paint and interior aer still imaculent I look forward to posting :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I recently purchased an 89 Shelby csx-vnt #466 211k miles. Has some sun damage on the roof with an original, but rebuilt A-555 tranny. Very clean inside with all 4 wheels, all 4 Shelby floor mats, and recaro bucket seats. Oh yeah! I'm not worthy!

Archived