TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Spoiler on SGT

bung

i like the gt500 spoiler on the sgt but my husband doesn't want me to get it for fear it will de-value the car. crazy-talk as far as i'm concerned. as much as we all want to see the values of our cars rise over the years the fact of the matter is, they won't regardless of the options we choose. unless of course you have the first or last car made. thats my opinion anyways. btw, i'll be getting the spoiler.

In my opinion--If you like the way the rear spoiler looks, then you should add it. If you are really worried about future value by adding a spoiler, than go to your dealer and buy a new Trunk lid and have them stripe in and install the spoiler on that one and keep your stock truck lid in the attic.

Hey, me again.

The wife really likes the rear deck spoiler, but from what I've read it was not on the original and adding it would detract from the value. Is that a true statement?

Thanks

The Value! Let me ask you some questions.

1Do you like the spoiler?

2.Are you going to sell the car?

3.When do you plan on selling?

4.Are you going to give it to your kids?

5.When do you think this car would be worth a lot?

I have no problem with adding any thing it makes my car more unique.

I also added the GT500 spoiler, because It looked more racey, I also bought another painted deck w/stripe and hardware, so in 40 yrs when Iam gone my kids can do whatever they want with it, I think it just gives the car another look.

I have the spoiler and stripes waiting to be put on...but the non spoiler look has grown on me !

Like others above here, I think we are going to get a spare lid and switch em out as my heart desires :wub:

Sue

That's an excellent idea. Has anyone priced a rear lid?

Thanks

I almost didnt get my car because the one in the show room had a gt 500 spoiler. Actually I went to two dealerships, one had the spoiler and I called another and they said they had one with out the spoiler. I got there to findout he had lied to me. I was so furious, I almost walked out, but I wanted that damn car. I knew they had a wingless car at another dealer that they wanted over MSRP for, so I had the dealership do a dealer trade. They were able to pull it off . As i was signing the paperwork, they got a call from an angry sales manager wanting to know why there was a spoiler on there shelby gt!

in my opinion its a nice spoiler, looks good on a gt 500, but a shelby gt shouldnt have a spoiler.

That's an excellent idea. Has anyone priced a rear lid?

Thanks

I actually happen to have a black trunk. Its not in perfect shapes, has some dings and dents, but if you are going to repaint and stripe it, it can easily be repaired. I bought it on ebay for 200 plus shipping, was going to use it on my 2005, but now its just sitting. If anybody is interested pm me or email me with an offer just want to get rid of it. matt@marcusproductions.com

+1

I like the Shelby GT, but think it looks naked without the spoiler..........

I thought so too, and was all set to get one, until I got mine and it's grown on me. Add to that all the compliments I have had specifically because it doesn't have a spoiler. I even had a GT500 parked next to me and he said that I was lucky the car didn't have one. Having said that it's TOTALLY up to you and what you like or grow to like.

Every time I see a pic like this I want to put the spoiler on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then I look at him now...and I love him the way he is.

:headscratch::banghead:

yeah i didnt think it could possably look any better the way it was at first but after i had ford put it on i think it looks alot better and i dont even think it looks right without one !!!!

if they origanlly all came with one installed like mine , would you actually special order one not to have it ??? i think that might be a good way for you to look at it !!! :D

:D

I bought th e car.

I'm paying (through the teeth) for the car.

I like the GT spoiler.

I don't give a toot if it drops the value of the car $1000, I'll never reap the benefits of the investment. Let someone else worry about it.

l_ff25ce0ec8ec0530b4ed3ab20a2a2c0d.jpg

nice attitude !!! i didnt buy my Shelby to make money or i would have bought stocks instead , i bought it because "I" wanted one and i never plan on selling it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

:D

nice attitude !!! i didnt buy my Shelby to make money or i would have bought stocks instead , i bought it because "I" wanted one and i never plan on selling it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

+1! I'm going to keep this car in the family for a long time.

hey bung....I say go for it if that is what you want...I had decided to go with the gt500 spoiler last month and placed my order with SAI...I waited with no response for 3 weeks and finally called the toll free number (HA) only to find out the spoiler was on back order and was told it would not be available for another 30+ days. I was told that I may want to order thru local dealer as they would probably get them before SAI would. Anyway, I cancelled my order and now have decided not to put one on......either way it will still look great.

Archived