TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions from a noob....

Carl Bishop

Hello all…

I’m a noob too this site, however I’ve been lurking for a couple of weeks and though I would finally join in. I must say, this has too be the most informative forums on the net concerning the late model Shelby vehicles. I hope to be the proud owner of a SGT before the New Year. I’m in the process of trying to decide weather buy the ’07 sitting on our club sponsors lot (local Ford dealership) or an ’08 that’s they have somewhere in process at SAI.

I have two questions that I’d like to try and have answered;

1 – I’ll have the VIN of the base GT tomorrow morning that was shipped to Vegas, can I PM someone the VIN and get a status of where its at in the build/ship process along with the CSM serial number that’s been assigned?

2 – The Shelby package price on the ’07 is $7,390, on several of the ’08 that I’ve seen on eBay where they have taken a picture of the Shelby window sticker is showing the Shelby package price at $8,500… What has justified the $1,110 in the price increase?? Or is that built in profit for the dealerships??

Any answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hello all…

I’m a noob too this site, however I’ve been lurking for a couple of weeks and though I would finally join in. I must say, this has too be the most informative forums on the net concerning the late model Shelby vehicles. I hope to be the proud owner of a SGT before the New Year. I’m in the process of trying to decide weather buy the ’07 sitting on our club sponsors lot (local Ford dealership) or an ’08 that’s they have somewhere in process at SAI.

1 – I’ll have the VIN of the base GT tomorrow morning that was shipped to Vegas, can I PM someone the VIN and get a status of where its at in the build/ship process along with the CSM serial number that’s been assigned?

2 – The Shelby package price on the ’07 is $7,390, on several of the ’08 that I’ve seen on eBay where they have taken a picture of the Shelby window sticker is showing the Shelby package price at $8,500… What has justified the $1,110 in the price increase?? Or is that built in profit for the dealerships??

Welcome!

On item number one you can go to www.shelbyautos.com and put your VIN# into the VIN tracker and it will tell you the status of your car: basically, when it arrives, when its completed and shipped. The VIN tracker should be pretty accurate at this point.

On item number two, probably one of the other posters who has bought an 08 can speak to the price increase or maybe Michael Morris, one of the dealers can speak to that.

as far as the other mark up it may be the gas hog fee you have to pay , i had to pay an extra 1k for mine!!!

Nope, its not the GGT, here's a link to one on eBay... Scroll down to the pictures of the window stickers:

'08 SGT eBay

Thanks for the warm welcome...

1192826839_9583_9113_1.jpg

1192826839_9583_9113_1.jpg

Nope, its not the GGT, here's a link to one on eBay... Scroll down to the pictures of the window stickers:

'08 SGT eBay

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Looks like that sticker says $8500 for transportation!They said the package would be higher this year,Maybe it's those sweet hood pins!

Looks like that sticker says $8500 for transportation!They said the package would be higher this year,Maybe it's those sweet hood pins!

i dont know the price for the package of the 08' , but i agree with 07 SHELBY GT it does look like it went up for the 08' !!!!!!!! correct it is not the GGT !!!!!!!!!!!! it was a guess on that !!!!!!!!! :D

enjoy the site, there are alot of poeple here to help that have answers now on the SGT !!!!!!!! :headspin:

Hello all…

92notch,

Yes this forum is a good source of information. The 1,110. is for dealer profit which they didn't have built in on the 07's. So obviously it could be up for negotiation. Either way the 07's or 08's are great looking cars. Good luck.

Dave

92notch,

Yes this forum is a good source of information. The 1,110. is for dealer profit which they didn't have built in on the 07's. So obviously it could be up for negotiation. Either way the 07's or 08's are great looking cars. Good luck.

Dave

you must have been driving pretty fast to that photo shoot your spoiler blew off !!!! :hysterical:

Archived