TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT and SVT

ilmor

I watched the video which Robert Lane provided on the forum today, but it added to my Shelby / SVT confusion. It appears that SVT had nothing to do with the Shelby GT, yet the end of this video shows a link to the SVT website. When you visit that website www.svt.ford.com , the heading states 2008 Ford Shelby GT500, yet the website does have some Shelby GT photos.

Question - What exactly is the relationship and/or arrangement between the Shelby GT and SVT?

I watched the video which Robert Lane provided on the forum today, but it added to my Shelby / SVT confusion. It appears that SVT had nothing to do with the Shelby GT, yet the end of this video shows a link to the SVT website. When you visit that website www.svt.ford.com , the heading states 2008 Ford Shelby GT500, yet the website does have some Shelby GT photos.

Question - What exactly is the relationship and/or arrangement between the Shelby GT and SVT?

Ford Racing, Ford Performance and SVT are all part of the same.

The Shelby GT was designed by them in conjuction with Carroll Shelby.

All the parts added to the SGT are parts supplied by Ford Racing and Ford Performance.

They all tie in together.

The only difference is the GT500 is built at IAA and the SGT starts out as a GT Mustang built at IAA and then shipped to SAI where all the Ford Performance parts are installed.

The reason the SVT & Cobra badging is added to the GT500 is because the 5.4L motor is hand built by SVT. This is the same group that built all the previous cobras and Ford GT motors.

They are all in this together as one big partnership.

Just like the partnerships SAI is forming with other shops around the country to do the SS package and sell parts and installation on all Shelbys made.

This is why none of these Shelbys are any more of a Shelby over another Shelby. They are ALL in this together as a partnership.

Ford and Shelby both are responsible for the designs and everything is put together by someone else. Employees at Ford or Employees at SAI or now Employees at different shops around the country.

At the end of the day, regardless of who or where any of the parts are installed, they are all just as much a Shelby as the other Shelbys built.

Ford Racing, Ford Performance and SVT are all part of the same.

The Shelby GT was designed by them in conjuction with Carroll Shelby.

All the parts added to the SGT are parts supplied by Ford Racing and Ford Performance.

They all tie in together.

The only difference is the GT500 is built at IAA and the SGT starts out as a GT Mustang built at IAA and then shipped to SAI where all the Ford Performance parts are installed.

The reason the SVT & Cobra badging is added to the GT500 is because the 5.4L motor is hand built by SVT. This is the same group that built all the previous cobras and Ford GT motors.

They are all in this together as one big partnership.

Just like the partnerships SAI is forming with other shops around the country to do the SS package and sell parts and installation on all Shelbys made.

This is why none of these Shelbys are any more of a Shelby over another Shelby. They are ALL in this together as a partnership.

Ford and Shelby both are responsible for the designs and everything is put together by someone else. Employees at Ford or Employees at SAI or now Employees at different shops around the country.

At the end of the day, regardless of who or where any of the parts are installed, they are all just as much a Shelby as the other Shelbys built.

That's a good reply, thanks. Also, I agree with your last sentence and never intended to imply otherwise in asking my original (topic) question.

So, I understand its a marketing thing, but it is a bit of a mishmash and confusing marketing scheme in my humble opinion.

badest case of P.E. I have ever seen

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but I had not seend the SVT question asked before. If it's an old one, I apologize for bringing it up. I tried the search feature before posting it but kept getting and error message and it wouldn't work.

Looks like ilmor had a good question and not Envy if thats what P.E stands for (don't have a clue myself)

Based on ShelbyDudes info(whom I think we can trust to be true) Ford Racing, Ford Performance, SVT and Carrol Shelby all had a hand in either design, build and/or parts for both cars, SVT has both cars on their website and Carrol Shelby has his name on both cars yet their is no SVT badging on the SGT.

My guess would be the hand built engine is the difference and the reason the GT500 has SVT badging. ShelbyDude, MM or another with more knowledge than my "guess" could add to this .

Archived